Automobilista 2 V1 Release Launch Party (1 Viewer)

V1 Release Launch Party
Posted by Tom
Automobilista 2
Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, July 2, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Releasing a game in such state is a sign that studio has spent all the money they had to make the product. And now they have to push unfinished product onto sales to get more funds to finish the game. Not an ideal situation, but hopefully not disastrous. Game feels good in terms of FFB so I think they'll manage to deliver a good one in the end.
Not everyone is backed by codemasters, at least they are free to chose the path for their game

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Not everyone is backed by codemasters, at least they are free to chose the path for their game
To be fair SMS chose the path way way before codemasters came on the scene.

For sure AMS2 has plenty of polishing needed in different areas. In the meantime there is enough to enjoy purely driving wise.

Will be interesting to see where they are in 6 months from now - it took ACC from release until Feb 2020 for me to even consider driving it regularly - but the International DLC and the polish around it was enough for me to give it the wow factor.

I already enjoy the driving at least on a par with ACC (some aspects better some worse) now so will be interesting to see what they can do with it.

Im jumping between sims now anyway so its no frustration for me for AMS2 to be kinda wonky in areas for now.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Im jumping between sims now anyway so its no frustration for me for AMS2 to be kinda wonky in areas for now.
Exactly! Luckily we have a handful of really good games right now, opposite to say 8-6 years ago, so we can always pick an alternative while one or other product is in stage of polishing.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
My first drive in AMS2 yesterday. Compared to PCARS2 the driving experience is an absolute blast. The car feels more natural and in VR you have a more 'in-car' feel. I took the Formula Ultimate out on the Azure circuit .... surprisingly I could do some clean laps .... scary stuff btw. :happy:
Ginetta on Bathurst also very nice, more details and therefore easier to improve your driving style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread