which wheel should i buy? (1 Viewer)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
currently have a G27 but wanting a new wheel at some point but not sure which is best on the market at the moment, I'm looking at fanatec which I've been told are really good but the price puts me off a little been looking at a Thrustmaster T500RS for only £498 but not sure which is better between a T500 or a Fanatec CSL Elite bundle comes to around £450 but the peddle are without a clutch. Anyone got any recomendations? My price range is around £600 ish.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wheel:
McLaren GT3 180€
CSL Elite Base 320€
(could save a bit and pick the CSL Elite Wheel pack which is 420€ and includes the P1 rim which is 100€)

Thats 370 or 440 pounds.

Pedals:
CSP v3 are 360€/315GBP
CSL Elite with LC are 220€/195GBP

I would go for the more expensive pedals as they are a bigger upgrade lap time wise than a better wheel. But that would not fit your budget. It doesn't show me the GBP prices as I'm based in germany, so had to use a calculator.

With the Wheel pack and Load Cell Elite pedals you'd stay inside budget, and have a clutch :)

Don't know much about TM wheels but a lot of guys here use T300/T500 and can maybe help decide :)

Edit: there is a LC upgrade for the pedals that come with the Elite complete pack, but that's about 120GBP alone. Problem with Fanatec bundles is, you safe virtually nothing, so you could just bundle you're own picks...

Last edited:

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
CSL Elite Kit 520€ + Load Cell upgrade 140€ = 660€
Base 320€ + P1 100€ + Elite LC pedals 220€ = 540€
...I don't get it either.
@Puffpirat , does clubsports make you that much faster compared to elites LC?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I can’t really say, as I haven't tested both, but I was wondering the same while I wrote it. Both have a load cell, that should be the biggest upgrade in itself.

The v3s are just a really nice piece of kit, great quality. If you're looking at it purely lap time wise, the difference is maybe marginal, but you get more adjustability, a better clutch, more settings for the brake and possible add-ons like the damper. The v3s are surely better, if they are 50% more expensive better, probably not if you’re on a budget :)

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
OSW...end thread. :D

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I started with a G27 set last year, quickly upgraded my pedals to V3's (by far my best investment so far), I chose them over the CSL's as they looked better, looked sturdier and with the inserts the loadcell could be adjusted way more. The CSL LC pedal has to be purchased seperately and then added on yourself.
As for the base, I recently (was forced to) upgraded from G27 to the CSW 2.5. Be assured, your feel your arms as the G27 is a joke compared to this. It's not OSW standards but that's not even required to be quick. The CSL Elite base is a great base for the price, if you want a bit more power, I'd suggest the CSW 2.5

Always spend more on pedals then on your wheel as you benefit more from finer pedal inputs then steering inputs.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If u are interested in used V3s with the brake perfomance kit, I will probably sell mine in 2 or 3 weeks (come on HPP, hurry up)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Tell us more. From what I understand, that's at least 1000€ without rim.

You are correct. OSW is right around that price range with the Large Mige costing 200 more. If you have a Fanatec wheel already all you need is the SRM adapter which is another 150. If not well then that's another 200 for the F1 rim. You're pretty much looking at minimum 1500 or so for a complete OSW package. While this seems quite expensive consider the fact you never have to upgrade EVER is pretty good in my book. Either way there's a good tier price points for wheels which in the end is better for us consumers. Not everyone wants to have the best and greatest and that is ok. The more people that can sim race properly the better for us.:)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You are correct. OSW is right around that price range with the Large Mige costing 200 more. If you have a Fanatec wheel already all you need is the SRM adapter which is another 150. If not well then that's another 200 for the F1 rim. You're pretty much looking at minimum 1500 or so for a complete OSW package. While this seems quite expensive consider the fact you never have to upgrade EVER is pretty good in my book. Either way there's a good tier price points for wheels which in the end is better for us consumers. Not everyone wants to have the best and greatest and that is ok. The more people that can sim race properly the better for us.:)
Yeah had a look at OSW seem to be decent, Clearly need to rethink my budget before deciding.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn’t want to suggest waiting for my csw to become available as I would need a new rig for a DD wheel. My playseat is getting old ;)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
There's going to be a lot of CSW's on the used market soon.

Users who are viewing this thread