13th Nov 2016 - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 300 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol an theres me with my 2.13 yey gunna be racing loads ill be hot lapping and the occasional move out the way to let leader pass lol..

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Wow that is a tough combination, and the car has weird ffb for me, done about 10 laps with race conditions and all on full fuel. Best so far is a 2:08.3 but it's far from a really good lap. Hopefully I will hit a low 7 or a 6 in qualifying and then keep it clean for a top 10 finish.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
erm, I might have just accidentally set a 2m03.5 lap at night in the server Pam and Corbs were in :eek:. That was with a quali fuel load on the 3rd of 5 possible laps.

Race pace is hard to judge, as I joined that server as the sun was going down. Low 2m05 laps were with a full tank of fuel and gradually dropping to mid 2m04s laps after 4 or 5 laps.

BUT

That sort of pace eats tyres for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For a month. If I ran the equivalent of hotlap/quali/timetrial pace then the tyres started going off by lap 8 (only costing about 0.2s a lap at that point) but then dropping off quite sharply by lap 10/11.

Also worth noting that my laps used an average of 4.4L of fuel per lap. That pushes it into splash and dash territory if I'm not careful :eek:. I've got to decide whether or not I can reign my pace in a little to get a bit more life out of the tyres or just go for it. I suspect that all depends on where I qualify and where I am out of the first corner.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
erm, I might have just accidentally set a 2m03.5 lap at night in the server Pam and Corbs were in :eek:. That was with a quali fuel load on the 3rd of 5 possible laps.

Race pace is hard to judge, as I joined that server as the sun was going down. Low 2m05 laps were with a full tank of fuel and gradually dropping to mid 2m04s laps after 4 or 5 laps.

BUT

That sort of pace eats tyres for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For a month. If I ran the equivalent of hotlap/quali/timetrial pace then the tyres started going off by lap 8 (only costing about 0.2s a lap at that point) but then dropping off quite sharply by lap 10/11.

Also worth noting that my laps used an average of 4.4L of fuel per lap. That pushes it into splash and dash territory if I'm not careful :eek:. I've got to decide whether or not I can reign my pace in a little to get a bit more life out of the tyres or just go for it. I suspect that all depends on where I qualify and where I am out of the first corner.

I only realized we will be racing in the night as well......... After the F1 race finishes, I need to do some more practising and some pit stop strategies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I only realized we will be racing in the night as well......... After the F1 race finishes, I need to do some more practising and some pit stop strategies.
Not really. It's going to take between 4½ and 5 in-game hours, which means a finish sometime between 18:00 and 18:30. Given that the race is at the start of summer for Oz, it's still going to be light at the finish, with sunset at least an hour (in game minutes) away :).

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
BTW, I will be streaming to my Youtube account. I hope I can have some practise time AFTER the F1 race finishes. Otherwise I will need to see the finish of F1 later this evening.....

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Are we beginning 19:30 even though F1 race is running late? :D

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
Just watched the last laps from L17 till the end on Mohammed's YouTube stream, entertaining race for P2-4 =) Congrats to the brave who raced ;)
I'll hopefully be in for the DTMs at Oulton Park next week, see you there :stig:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a blast! Had massive fun with @MelBonkers and @Battenberg. Brilliant battle from the beginning till the end with also some nice undercut pitstop strategies. Was just super awesome :) :) :)

Also congratz to the winner @ramiboo. You stay the king of the hill for a little bit longer :p

(Race start at 20:47)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have to say this was one of my best races ever with RSR. I absolutely enjoyed EVERY single lap of this race. I can't believe I finally could battle with the fast guys for a podium place and in the end I got 3rd place. @ramiboo, @t0daY and @Battenberg thank you VERY much for an absolutely brilliant race. I just can't believe I got on the podium and didn't spin once. I kissed a couple of walls, but hey........this is Bathurst ;-).

Can't wait for the next race guys!

Link to my video is here:
Qualy starts at 23m20s
Race starts at 43m50s

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are up, you can find them here :) Ratings should be up tomorrow, depends when @Pamellaaa got time to do it :p

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Very good race. I really love this track. I thought that I will chrash with this car at some point of the race, but it was all ok. Didn't really hope to be in first 10, because I saw times on TT leaderboard and I was like 100th. So, 6th place is awesome :D
My new Thrustmaster T300 wheel is all that I needed. So much better than G27. I fell with it every bump and entering a corner is way smoother without large deadzone that G27 had.

Here is video:

See you at thursday :) cheers

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, at least I know how to use my 'request pit stop' button now :D

Ramiboo got the jump on me off the start line and I might have got him had his car not been covering the exact marker I use for braking at the end of Conrod Straight, meaning I braked far too late and overshot the corner. Having come out behind Mo, I quickly caught up to Ramiboo again but already I knew something wasn't right.

The car wasn't anything like the car I had been driving throughout the afternoon, even less so than the car I drove in qualifying. Some corners were almost impossible to negotiate at anything like the speed I was used to. Lo, it came to pass, that I spun on a kerb that I haven't even gone near in almost 100 laps of this track. That spat me head-first into a wall, leaving me with a seriously damaged car. Pit stop #1 and it was only the 3rd of 4th lap of the race.

I then set about trying to undo as much damage as possible as any thoughts of a podium or even winning had evaporated already. Still, the car was a massive handful. With 4 laps less fuel and fresh tyres, I still couldn't break into the 2m05 times, where I was doing mid-2m05 times on my opening laps earlier, dropping quickly into the mid-2m04s. Convinced my car was still broken somehow, I pitted again on Lap 8 and double-checked that all the repairs were set to 'Yes'. The pit stop took a while - to be expected, given my frequent, rather too intimate, moments with the walls of the track - so I figured repairs had been done. It was to no avail, the car was still an absolute pig to drive.

"Hello Bagaz"

I think, aside from "leaving pits", the most common thing I said the entire race was the above. I did chuckle to myself on the 2nd, 3rd (and 4th?) times it happened :D.

Oh and despite stopping 3 times and getting fresh tyres at each stop, my 4th set of tyres were nearly shot at the end. Something was desperately wrong with the car I was driving last night :(

Congrats again to the undisputed King of the Mountain, Ramiboo :). Also, it did sound like an epic race for Mo, Manu and Battenburg, judging by what I was hearing through TS throughout the race :cool:

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this was my less-than-stellar quali lap

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I lost interest after lap one, was hit from behind going up the mountain which put me in the wall, fair enough, racing incident. Then I pitted and choose my 'Fix' setup option, but forgot to select what I wanted fixing so had to go around and pit again, what a 'clutz'. Practicing at home I had done a 26 lap stint no problem, but I had to pit again with 8 to go because I just couldn't keep the car on track and spun at the top of the mountain, had a cup of coffee whilst I waited for Kman to assist me turning around as I was facing the wrong way (only joking mate :D). So all in all one to forget, I continued to push hoping to make up some places, but I had already done the damage to myself.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a lot of fun there is something immensely gratifying from hammering the Clubsport SQ Shifter up and down the gears while fighting with the torque from the wheel and praying to the gods that your not going to lose the back end down the mountain :)

Better than a session at the gym I say :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I lost interest after lap one, was hit from behind going up the mountain which put me in the wall, fair enough, racing incident. Then I pitted and choose my 'Fix' setup option, but forgot to select what I wanted fixing so had to go around and pit again, what a 'clutz'. Practicing at home I had done a 26 lap stint no problem, but I had to pit again with 8 to go because I just couldn't keep the car on track and spun at the top of the mountain, had a cup of coffee whilst I waited for Kman to assist me turning around as I was facing the wrong way (only joking mate :D). So all in all one to forget, I continued to push hoping to make up some places, but I had already done the damage to myself.
I heard some chat in TS on the first lap. It's a shame, we did try to highlight the issues with this track and hoped we'd not have a first lap incident, so sorry your race got messed up. If you'd like a stewards opinion on the incident feel free to post in the stewards area. Hope you have better luck next time.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, I have this idea of combining the video from Manu, Dama and myself in one view so you can see the race unfold from different perspectives. Anybody have any experience what piece of software to use for this? I can use the green green green from KMan as the cue moment to synchronize the videos. I think it would be awesome to do this........sorry, I'm just enjoying the race we had yesterday ;-)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, this was my less-than-stellar quali lap

That is a crazy lap cluck. Such good pace over the mountain section, and one hell of a save through forrest's Elbow coming onto the conrod straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread