13th Nov 2016 - Supercheap Auto Bathurst 300 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is a crazy lap cluck. Such good pace over the mountain section, and one hell of a save through forrest's Elbow coming onto the conrod straight.
Told you guys last night it was far from perfect ;). But the car felt soooooooooo good. A far cry from what it felt like 20 minutes later. As Manu said, serves me right for doing one lap and sitting in the pits for another 15 minutes :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have this idea of combining the video from Manu, Dama and myself in one view so you can see the race unfold from different perspectives. Anybody have any experience what piece of software to use for this? I can use the green green green from KMan as the cue moment to synchronize the videos. I think it would be awesome to do this........sorry, I'm just enjoying the race we had yesterday ;-)
Are you just going to record from your replay the 3 different perspectives, or try to get the footage from the other 2 if they have it?
The former may mean the cars are wrong in the replay, but doesn't reply on others to send footage.
I use Final Cut on my MAC but Sony Vegas can do the same job. Just cut in with a fade or blur between camera's. I'd love to do some of this type of stuff but I just can't be bothered with the annoying replay system in the current game.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Adobe Premiere Elements would do the job too. You could do triple split without too much trouble, but you'd lose some screen space from each of course. If you're just going to switch from car to car, then even easier. You overlay each video 'stream' into Premiere Elements, with your footage as the top-most one, and then cut out your own footage where you want to switch to the other streams. Pretty simple stuff to do.....assuming you have a video editor. Windows Live Movie Maker could possibly do it, but the video output from that is a bit poo.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Are you just going to record from your replay the 3 different perspectives, or try to get the footage from the other 2 if they have it?
The former may mean the cars are wrong in the replay, but doesn't reply on others to send footage.
I use Final Cut on my MAC but Sony Vegas can do the same job. Just cut in with a fade or blur between camera's. I'd love to do some of this type of stuff but I just can't be bothered with the annoying replay system in the current game.

I would just use the Youtube recorded feeds. That way we can have the in car action next to each other.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
+1 for Adobe Premiere, but any video editor that supports multiple video tracks would do the job. Unfortunately my workplace is moving from using a Creative Cloud account to machine tied licences, so no more using Adobe suite at home for me. Shame, I would love to get involved more in video production, if it wasn't also for the shonky replay system :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sony Vegas Pro 12 should do the work aswell @MelBonkers. Im happy to help if you need me :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe Premiere. I will fiddle around with those. Otherwise I'll try Windows Live Movie Maker. Hope this little project succeeds :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
And here's my video for what it's worth. Yes it's boring, you can minimise it after the first couple of laps, as that will help my YouTube stats. If you need help sleeping, by all means try to watch it till the end! :yawn:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Rankings are all up to date now, career and season.

They might take a couple of minutes to fully update on the website!

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You might have to search google for "save YouTube video"

Oh, if I can save the Youtube videos that would be brilliant. I thought they disabled that. Or was that for the MP3 music files only. Will try that ramiboo, thanx!

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's strictly legit, but I've heard people can do it.......

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's strictly legit, but I've heard people can do it.......

I found a website that makes it possible to download a Youtube video! Thanx for the tip. BTW: this isn't illegal as I have your consent on this one :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm 100% happy for you to have my Vid. I have a local copy that's about 3 or 4 GB but I'm not sure how I'd get it to you.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I found a website that makes it possible to download a Youtube video! Thanx for the tip. BTW: this isn't illegal as I have your consent on this one :D

Just Google youtube downloader and download the utility

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok, downloaded all movies and was looking at what software to use. As I'm not a video editing hero, I was just looking for a package free of charge. Sony Vegas Pro 14 is quite expensive, as is Adobe Premiere. I just downloaded the free trial of Adobe Premiere and will fiddle with that. Anybody has an idea on a free video editing tool that allows editing of multiple video tracks? I found some, but maybe someone has a great tip.

EDIT: I found a tool called Filmora Video Editor. It works quite easy!

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Shortcut is open source, I splice my iracing vids with that and do a simple picture in picture, if your happy with 720p output then lightworks is really good much better than shortcut, but output to 1080p needs a licence.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@ramiboo Can you make a new upload to Youtube that has the red-red-red-green lights sequence show up before race start? I never realised, but this is really easy to use to synchronize all vids together. The video will be quite low res for now (720p). but if this works I'm a happy chap :D

EDIT: I just started of with the three vids of @t0daY, @Dama_The_Crow and me as I could get those synced perfectly. Of course I had to export the vid to 1080p and I saw you can even export to 4K with Filmora. For now I don't have a license but use the free version of the software. But if this works, I might buy a license ;-). Fingers crossed and I might have to do this a couple of times to get a good video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread