Project CARS 2 1st Jul 2018 - Knights de la Sarthe (1 Viewer)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think that actually makes it interesting. Yes the Audi is quicker, but the Porsche will reach the rain with only 1 stop whereas the Audi will need 2.

Pace vs stops, this will be interesting.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think that actually makes it interesting. Yes the Audi is quicker, but the Porsche will reach the rain with only 1 stop whereas the Audi will need 2.
Not quite sure if you can predict when the rain will start to fall. I think we've seen from the past that it's quite random :D

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure if you can predict when the rain will start to fall. I think we've seen from the past that it's quite random :D

I was curious about this, since it's the final 1/4, will it run all the way until the end or is it almost entirely mixed up? Like I mentioned I have no experience with it aha

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was curious about this, since it's the final 1/4, will it run all the way until the end or is it almost entirely mixed up? Like I mentioned I have no experience with it aha
The rain will quite surely come to an end while we're still racing. The track might also dry out completely till the end of the race.

Weather progression is set to 2x with 4 weather slots, but we're racing 2h30min. 2x weather progression means slot 1 (Medium Cloud) is at hour 0 (start of race), slot 2 (Clear) will be expected at 30min, slot 3 (Heavy Cloud) at hour 1 and slot 4 (Light Rain) at 1h30min. The cycle will repeat itself from then on again, means we should have Medium Cloud at hour 2 again and Clear at 2h30min.

These are the 'expected' weather changes, but we've seen it often enough in the past that rain sets in earlier/later, whatsoever. But this will keep it interesting. :)

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Because the weather is set to 2x it will be a bit random. Weather slots will be about 30 minutes each but the moment it changes are more or less random.
Like I said each slot will be about 30min. with 2h 30min time that means we will get the first slot (probably even the 2nd one) twice.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
The rain will quite surely come to an end while we're still racing. The track might also dry out completely till the end of the race.

Weather progression is set to 2x with 4 weather slots, but we're racing 2h30min. 2x weather progression means slot 1 (Medium Cloud) is at hour 0 (start of race), slot 2 (Clear) will be expected at 30min, slot 3 (Heavy Cloud) at hour 1 and slot 4 (Light Rain) at 1h30min. The cycle will repeat itself from then on again, means we should have Medium Cloud at hour 2 again and Clear at 2h30min.

These are the 'expected' weather changes, but we've seen it often enough in the past that rain sets in earlier/later, whatsoever. But this will keep it interesting. :)

Thank you for that, helps a ton!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well let’s rephrase it, with the porsche, chances are higher to reach the rain slot with only one stop ;)

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm only a reserve, but going to have to pull out of this one.

N1kmido

Community Member
Reaction score
Put me on the reserve list pls, don´t know if I can make it in time. Sorry for the late notice.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Having just got back home after being stuck in car for 4 hours, plus got manky eye, I'm going to pull out of tonight's race.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Having just got back home after being stuck in car for 4 hours, plus got manky eye, I'm going to pull out of tonight's race.

Come on Si, that is not an excuse! :(

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One eye and VR really don't go well together lol

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Gosku
Class: LMP2
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Well.. quali went well :D P3, 3 seconds quicker than last time and the game forces me out of the lobby with no error.
Have a good race all! Maybe next time :p

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah..internet connection decided to bail on me tonight..got disconnected all of the sudden. :(

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i definitely understand now why the game gets quite a lot of hate because of the bugs :/
until now i was alway quite lucky with nearly never having any issues but seems like i got my full load tonight

First of all it seems like my game refused to change tires at all, i was moving my second stop i little bit forward as i spun and had minor damage, but seems like pCars2 had fun seeing me driving with those old saggy slicks, so i continued until the rain came.
Then the second issue arised. It seems like LiveTrack is still not fully fixed as i was able to easily blast by Elodyr who probably already hat wets on his car on my old saggy slicks because on my side the track was still fully dry, probably 15 minutes after everybody else pitted i made decision to pit too, as the track was finally getting a bit damp and i didn't want to risk endangering myself or anyone else on my old slicks, but seems like i didn't calculate project Cars into my strategy and like the second stop the game refused again to change my tires, so i went out for one more lap, nearly dying on Mulsanne as it was already or finally (see it how you want) was really wet there, at the end of the lap i came again into the pits to see the tires not changed again, although all times tire change was selected. Then I knew it was time to leave the race as I couldn't and didn't want to continue like that.

Really sad as I was really enjoying the race until then and was looking forward to that one to be finally able to race with you guys. But unfortunately Project Cars again decided to ruin the fun (at least for me). I hope everyone else had a somewhat issue free race

PS: Sry for the rant :D

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
First of all, sorry to all that I've left the game after approx 1 1/2 hours. Again I've today experienced problems I always had in pcars2 and I don't know what's the issue/cause for that. I'm very often much slower when racing on the official servers (I didn't compare that with other servers though). In my offline practice sessions (with same weather, time etc.) and on my own online host session I was constantly driving in the 3:13 range with race setup and today it more was about 3:15 to 3:17 and the car felt quite different again. I have no evidence for that, maybe it's my driving skill, changing in the real events xD I dont know.

The first hour was quite amusing, watching @ProjectPD and @t0daY fighting lap for lap :D.

My race then ended because the car was pretty unpredictable with the wet tires on and I crashed several times into the barriers -> 3 times pit stop with full repair and already 6minutes behind or so. With my last crash I would have lost several minutes to get into pits and let it repair again.

I really have to find out why my pace is so inconsitent through different sessions (I don't want to blame pcars2, again I don't know why that is, in the end it's most likely myself).

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
An interesting race, tires didn't change which resulted me in losing a good 3 minutes.
Was able to atleast not finish as the last LMP2 eventhough I had to do a full fuel stint in dry conditions on wet tires :D

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn't get a whole lot of time for practice so came into the event with little expectation, my aim was purely to finish ahead of the LMP2's.

I managed to gain some places when the rain arrived staying out quite long on the softs. I drove well in the rain with no mistakes but when the track started to dry, I made the switch to slicks and this lead to one crash and 3 spins when aquaplaning into some of the corners. Ended up 6th, which due to many disconnections, was back of the LMP1 pack.

It was fun lapping and overtaking the LMP2s and GTE's but with @Sonic and @Sledgar in particular I struggled to pass on more than one occasion causing to sudden braking and even a crash on one moment in particular - every moment there was a defensive-like move from the slower vehicle. Given that I was trundling around at the back of LMP1 field, this really did no damage to my race.

Thanks to the admins as usual and big congrats to @Puffpirat for the big performance and win!!

Users who are viewing this thread