Project CARS 2 1st Jul 2018 - Knights de la Sarthe (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly I have to cancel my entrance to this race due to my GF parents have planned a special dinner to which I am VERY expected. Too bad as I felt that I could have a serious shot at winning in LMP2, so my spot goes to the reserves!
Booooo :( (or are congratulations in order for this VERY special dinner? ;) :D)

@Dutchtastic , you are off the reserves list now and into the main roster. Get your race boots on!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Diluvian, you are off the reserves list now and into the main roster. Get your race boots on! :p

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Wooow, never thought that I would get the chance :eek: .. jeez there's a lot of practice I have to do now anyhow :brb:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
as much as I like Le Mans and LMP2 and driving around behind you guys, I'm about 20secs off the pace for this one which is too much so pls remove me from the reserves list...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ if you change your mind and maybe want to drive as a reserve GTE driver instead, let us know :)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys what pace are the LMP1 drivers doing? And everyone is taking the Audi I guess? Porsche is nowhere near sadly.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
(Audi LMP1 here) My race pace with hard tires and full tank is in the 03:14:xxx range, sadly but I'm not able to go any faster currently. Not entirely satisfied with my setup and driving skills :D. What's the others pace?

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What about GTE pace? What car are you going to use? :) couldn't be there for practice last night

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Probably driving the Corvette - about mid 54s racepace. Around 290kph peak before the first chikane. Havent done any hotlaps really.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys what pace are the LMP1 drivers doing? And everyone is taking the Audi I guess? Porsche is nowhere near sadly.
Yeah Porsche and Toyota sadly are 2-3s off the pace. Hope I won’t fall asleep to the interesting engine note of the Audi;)
(Audi LMP1 here) My race pace with hard tires and full tank is in the 03:14:xxx range, sadly but I'm not able to go any faster currently. Not entirely satisfied with my setup and driving skills :D. What's the others pace?
high 12s :D

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
If @w0rthy is faster than 3:14 he can have my place in the lmp1 roster :) - I think it would be more interesting for the race itself if it is close together :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You never know mate, after all it will be raining and that alone will spice things up.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
You never know mate, after all it will be raining and that alone will spice things up.

speaking of which, quite frightened for the rain atm :( so much understeer through the porsche curves and i have no knowledge of wet weather stuff in pc2
hopefully some of you guys are in the same boat :p

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
If @w0rthy is faster than 3:14 he can have my place in the lmp1 roster :) - I think it would be more interesting for the race itself if it is close together :D

Thanks for the offer, but you should stay and have at it!
I've got a terrible ear infection and am deaf in one ear at the moment, so unfortunately I won't be able to race even if the opportunity arose.

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score

@Feanor and I want to drive Toyota and Porsche. So we will have at least all LMP1H Cars on the grid. I think it will not be possible to win this race, but at least we will have fun and avoid an Audi Cup. For sure everyone from the LMP class is invited to follow the idea of a colourful race. Especially @Puffpirat and @fab. ICEMAN. Guys, you are that fast, you really are able to choose a slower car to bring the Feld closer together. It's a fun race. See you tonight :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you’d have said that earlier yes. Now I’ve done all my practice in the Audi, because it’s the one I’m comfortable in, that it’s quick is a bonus. I can’t get on with the Porsche.

I’ll see what I can do.

Last edited:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Same here.. I would've loved to pick the Porsche but I'm incredible slow in that thing (Over 4 seconds slower per lap and top speed difference almost 10 kph) So I did all my practice in the Audi now :/

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Feanor and I want to drive Toyota and Porsche. So we will have at least all LMP1H Cars on the grid. I think it will not be possible to win this race, but at least we will have fun and avoid an Audi Cup. For sure everyone from the LMP class is invited to follow the idea of a colourful race. Especially @Puffpirat and @fab. ICEMAN. Guys, you are that fast, you really are able to choose a slower car to bring the Feld closer together. It's a fun race. See you tonight :)
What are your times in the Porsche? It does have a strategic advantage I guess you are aware of :p thanks to the quick test I now discovered I’m 2s slower in the Porsche but it can do 13 laps, with a bit of love even 14, whereas the Audi can only do 11. Which means the Audi needs one stop more if only for, depending on the rain, 2 or 3 laps of fuel.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a race which will be decided in the pits :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread