Project CARS 2 1st Jul 2018 - Knights de la Sarthe (1 Viewer)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I did watch Whoosier punt you and I was mightily concerned.
On a positive note, you are damn fast in that RWD, we held very similar paces and you were in a car which is notoriously "slower." You can do it man!
hehe, thanks!
I don't think it's that much slower, one just need to figure out the gearing. Check mine from the TT setup.
Before the race, I haven't done much practice and lost too much time in the pits due to bad strategy. 4 times in pits...
I also spun a couple of times, no damage, but still... not worthy of this LMP1 lineup

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Stokemon
Class: LMP1 - although as I'm currently a reserve I don't mind being put in another class
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
hehe, thanks!
I don't think it's that much slower, one just need to figure out the gearing. Check mine from the TT setup.
Before the race, I haven't done much practice and lost too much time in the pits due to bad strategy. 4 times in pits...
I also spun a couple of times, no damage, but still... not worthy of this LMP1 lineup

I was in the pits a bunch too, but other than that I had only one small incident. I had a strategy to add 75l + tires and it added 25l + tires :(
Somehow I pulled through.
It'll be neat to see just how fast the P1 class will be, I'm pretty hyped to get lapped in the rain by a 919, lol.
Cya out there!

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Same for you as I did with Kobus and Erik. Please be 110% sure you are not creating a sub-class in the LMP1 class. We have currently a crazy driver field in LMP1 and I am really afraid this wouldnt be fun for either you and us.

Again, if you are 110% sure you want to drive and compete in the LMP1 class against @Puffpirat and Co. be my guest :)
I just want to drive the Toyota Manu!! No problem about position. Just would like the experience

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
With the Audi and Toyota I managed to set the WR, 3:09.6 with Audi and 3:12.5 with the Toyota. With the Porsche I’m 1.5s off WR pace with a 3:11.7.

The question will be how that translates to race pace because you can use the boost slightly differently in TT.

With Audi and Toyota I struggled to even regenerate enough boost to fully utilize the over a lap available KERS energy (6/8MJ).

The Porsche on the other hand recharges on throttle through its turbo system, so you always have enough juice in the battery. Here I had the problem that I often ran out of the 8MJ before the lap was finished.

Phhh, even with several tries I'm still 0.257s off from your audi time :jawdrop: .. and I think that's still a warmup time from you lol

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nah that was quite some effort :) great lap mate!

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
what is the LMP2 pace i should be aiming for?
TT-times for the top runners were around 3:30.
But I guess that was with sandbags on, cause I think I've seen them go sub 3:30 in the race.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
what is the LMP2 pace i should be aiming for?

TT-times for the top runners were around 3:30.
But I guess that was with sandbags on, cause I think I've seen them go sub 3:30 in the race.

IIRC pole was a 3:28.5 with the fastest lap in the race being a 3:29.5, but that was with ideal conditions, at the end of my first stint, low fuel into the night, prime time so to say :)

Generally race pace was 3:30-3:31s for the front runners.

Cartman_SP69

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys Just wanted to let you know Reapper will not be able to join this race he has hardware failure on his pc.

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck @ProjectPD
I just realized I have a conflict at the time of the race unfortunately. At the time of the race I will be watching Croatia beat Denmark in the World Cup. @t0daY You are welcome to bandwagon with me.

Please give my postition to ProjectPD.

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
I really don't thought any more of a race entry. Now I have to train a lot.
Big thank you @GosuNoob

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, that I have to back off, but my girlfriend will fly to Africa for 6 weeks and I didn't know the date when I sign up. Again sorry. Have fun everyone.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, that I have to back off, but my girlfriend will fly to Africa for 6 weeks and I didn't know the date when I sign up. Again sorry. Have fun everyone.
That moves you off the reserves list @Sonic , I hope you've been practicing just in case!

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone interested in running a practice session later tonight?

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly I have to cancel my entrance to this race due to my GF parents have planned a special dinner to which I am VERY expected. Too bad as I felt that I could have a serious shot at winning in LMP2, so my spot goes to the reserves!

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly I have to cancel my entrance to this race due to my GF parents have planned a special dinner to which I am VERY expected. Too bad as I felt that I could have a serious shot at winning in LMP2, so my spot goes to the reserves!

Damn.. I've been getting my practice on hoping we could see a battle together :D

Users who are viewing this thread