This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cmon people get on this david is our STAR driver we need him
how dare you! haha
Unfortunately my brake pedal have just broken. :(
It's a G25 load cell mod.
It's look like a bad construction, although it have worked for 2.5 years.
I can't buy any new pedals atm, so I have to repair it somehow as soon as possible. Maybe one of my friends can weld it.
you tried logitech support they some times sell replacement parts at cheap prices

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You have to nurse them @UnstopaPaul
Lifting into Turn 1 and by not braking too hard nor too late.
Steering the car with the brake rather than the wheel. You need to be smooth and not overdrive it.

As for a second stint on the same tyres, imagine that you have x amount of grip at the start of the first stint, this grip reduces and reduces so that at the end of stint 1 you have reduced grip. Then at the start of the second stint you begin on the reduced grip and colder tyres so you'll slide which would be bad, so you have to be extra careful on the first few laps as not to shred them completely. They will come back to you, just give them some time.

You need to weigh up the double stinting as to taking tyres. A stint is about 28 laps at Daytona and it takes 28 to change tyres, in hot conditions its a no brainer, take tyres, in colder you can pull it off and gain.

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
you tried logitech support they some times sell replacement parts at cheap prices
It's not an original part. It came with the loadcell mod.
But thanks for the idea, Ben! I'll try to contact the manufacturer of the loadcell if it still exists.
Although I found someone who can weld so if everything goes well I'll have a working pedal next week. :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm just having a play with the endurance stint tool that @fab. ICEMAN linked. Am I right in recalling that the GTEs tend to double stint on the tires, and possibly triple in the night?
IF it’s the same as rfactor then as the track cools for night u can easily double stint tires. During the day it’s optional depending upon compound of tire available. If it’s helps, in rfactor2 we mostly run soft compound as it’s quickest and similar life span to mediums. Normally we would run single stints in the VEC at the start of a race but as track grips up the option for double stinting is possible but u need to test and be kind on tires to make it work - no point double stinting if u get overtaken by cars on fresh tires.

Also depends upon time in pits, if u have very little time for tire change then it’s worth changing but especially at the end of a race it’s not worth stopping for tires if u just need a splash and dash with fuel

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is only 1 type of tyre available @Jamesl91 a pitstop is about a minute including the change of tyres (fuels first then changes tyres).

During the day temperature impacts the performance

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok that makes life easier. So roughly 1minute for he pitstop, any idea how long tires take? Because if u can go 1s a lap slower and lose 20s to the car in front but trouble stint and gain 40s on them then there’s an advantage to have.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
28 seconds for tyre change.

Just remember that if you're lapping cars that you were normally considerably quicker over, you won't have that advantage and they are likely to fight you back which would cost you more time.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Noob question, how to use the RSR skin for the Porsche GTE? Trading Paints?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
28 seconds for tyre change.

Just remember that if you're lapping cars that you were normally considerably quicker over, you won't have that advantage and they are likely to fight you back which would cost you more time.
Although lapped cars should get blue flags. But either way it’s not something u can really plan for and play it by ear. It’s worked for us in the past after pushing forwards on 1 stint tires then swapping to double stint to gain positions at the end

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is no blue flag in iRacing, its a blue and yellow flag which indicates to the drive, caution a faster car is approaching. It doesn't mean they have to move.

@Exited yes through trading paints

MerlinC

Community Member
Reaction score
Would be happy to team-up as well. Car doesn't matter as long it's being announced well in advance.

Had to change my plans and will not be able to participate in the race. Appolgies to my team mates - do hope that you get a fourth driver in time. Good luck in the race.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
There is no blue flag in iRacing, its a blue and yellow flag which indicates to the drive, caution a faster car is approaching. It doesn't mean they have to move.
you'll soon realise everyone ignores blue flags haha

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Practice #3 / 3rd January 2020 @ 19:00 UTC
> Not much to say, continue working on the setups and get driving time.

Practice #4 / 5th January 2020 @ 19:00 UTC
> Maybe doing a little test race of 1 hour + introduction of the endurance stint planner

One more thing: We got invited from GermanSimRacing for a test race at Daytona. It will be on the 15th January (Wednesday) and will be around 2 hours (testing a double stint). There will be couple fast repairs and a special "no content" policy, means you are not allowed to stream and/or upload any content to YouTube. The focus should be 100% on the practice.

I need to know, as soon as possible, who is interested because I need to tell them with how many people we will show up. I wouldn't miss this chance guys ;)

@Raigore @Puffpirat @Exited @fab. ICEMAN @Vernux @PiGuy @grobi0815 @ramdrop @Rexxody @Cornworld @Ben Watkinson @javoresku @Jonno @David Siska @Darksi @Shepard @UnstopaPaul @FlyingKman @CatchAGlimpse @Alex Salmon @Jamesl91 @Stokemon @Nismo @Jeff[NL] @Morvic @MerlinC @Imthecrabby @CrisBCros @Rargon

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can join the session on the 15th. Sunday the 5th I can’t due to the academy races on rFactor.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Practice #3 / 3rd January 2020 @ 19:00 UTC
> Not much to say, continue working on the setups and get driving time.

Practice #4 / 5th January 2020 @ 19:00 UTC
> Maybe doing a little test race of 1 hour + introduction of the endurance stint planner

One more thing: We got invited from GermanSimRacing for a test race at Daytona. It will be on the 15th January (Wednesday) and will be around 2 hours (testing a double stint). There will be couple fast repairs and a special "no content" policy, means you are not allowed to stream and/or upload any content to YouTube. The focus should be 100% on the practice.

I need to know, as soon as possible, who is interested because I need to tell them with how many people we will show up. I wouldn't miss this chance guys ;)

@Raigore @Puffpirat @Exited @fab. ICEMAN @Vernux @PiGuy @grobi0815 @ramdrop @Rexxody @Cornworld @Ben Watkinson @javoresku @Jonno @David Siska @Darksi @Shepard @UnstopaPaul @FlyingKman @CatchAGlimpse @Alex Salmon @Jamesl91 @Stokemon @Nismo @Jeff[NL] @Morvic @MerlinC @Imthecrabby @CrisBCros @Rargon
I should be able to attend all of them.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can do all of them, do you want t time on the 15th

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Practice 3 should be ok as should the GSM race. Practice 4 I won't be able to make

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Due to the pedal issue I'm not sure I can participate in the practice sessions.
But I don't want to miss the test race, so somehow I'm going to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread