iRacing 24h Le Mans - 29th October 2016 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The 24 Hours of Le Mans (24 Heures du Mans) is the world's oldest active endurance, held since 1923 near Le Mans, France, at Circuit de la Sarthe. It is one of the most prestigious auto races in the world, and part of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

Cars: HPD ARX 01c / Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 / Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1 / Ford GT GT2
License: Minimum C-license required to participate

We have one car already together but is there anyone interested to run in a second car under RSR banner on this day? :p

Car 1: HPD ARX 01c - @TonyR @Puffpirat @ramiboo @t0daY

Cheers! :)

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
I wanted to, but honestly, I'm not fast enough, so I'll abstain for this year.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
I will probably stick to Martinis during Le Mans.

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
P.S.: Seems like the former Beast current Traitor is training for ProtoGT in the Aston, btw, at least that's what he's doing right now. :p

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've just started racing the HPD in the Pro GT class, did a couple of the 24 minutes of Le Mans races. Was doing 3.37's there about's, I think, maybe a little quicker, don't know how competitive that would be, probably not quick enough for anyone to want to team up with the old fud:meh:. I've always wanted to take part in special events, 24 hours may be in at the deep end, I might fall asleep at the wheel, i'm normally in bed by 10 O' clock, if i'm not then I make my way home ;). Know idea how to do car swaps though and not fully up to speed on how to do things in iRacing yet :D being responsible for your team mates adds a lot of pressure though. :eek:

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've just started racing the HPD in the Pro GT class, did a couple of the 24 minutes of Le Mans races. Was doing 1.37's there about's, I think, maybe a little quicker, don't know how competitive that would be, probably not quick enough for anyone to want to team up with the old fud:meh:. I've always wanted to take part in special events, 24 hours may be in at the deep end, I might fall asleep at the wheel, i'm normally in bed by 10 O' clock, if i'm not then I make my way home ;). Know idea how to do car swaps though and not fully up to speed on how to do things in iRacing yet :D being responsible for your team mates adds a lot of pressure though. :eek:

Come on guys, it is not about speed! A real 24 hour event in iRacing is such a special thing. Participating is everything guys, there is nothing more realistic and close to a 24 hour race than this!! :)

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Don't drive the Noobcannon, people...

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I was saying I was up for it, obviously didn't come across right :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Practice Session is now up. @Yorkie_065 and I do some first steps :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First practice is ooooover :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Really wish I could do this! The Daytona 24 was awesome for all of us. This will no doubt be great fun too.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really wish I could do this! The Daytona 24 was awesome for all of us. This will no doubt be great fun too.

Make sure to have a free day at the 29th October. Maybe you can watch us at least a little bit :)

Our times with the HPD so far were: Yorkie - 3:34.xxx // t0daY -3:36.xxx

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY

No doubt I will try! Hopefully my schedule will have me be free on that day. :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im intrested been on iracing for a while now im b class in my license not sure i have the cars tho tbh ill have a look an get back to u lol...

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I've just started running in the Skip Barber Series and been giving Lime Rock Park a good hammering over the weekend (525 laps in total). Finished my last race yesterday with a D Class Safety Rating 3.98 (0.02 short of fast track to Class C), going to try and nail it tonight before it moves to Week 2 as i don't own another track until about Week 6. But regardless of that probably still no where near competitive/consistent enough to even beat the pace car :)

Will have to see how I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Okay, @ramiboo @Yorkie_065 I saw you both doing some practice. Any reference times? Got vacation next week and wanted to start doing a setup for the HPD :)

@Bassetts @jonnotheone @2scoops and @InsaneBase no way you could merge for a second RSR car if you are all up to it? :)

Edit: @Laiders you mentioned also something with iRacing. Any motivation to do a 24 hour race under RSR banner? :p

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
3:35 is quickest so far, I just was getting Atlas up and going earlier as I'd like to see the difference in our laps using the telemetry software. Next time you do a run turn on telemetry (alt-L) and when you finish there will be a file in the telemetry directory. I'll create a google drive share so PM me your mail addresses and I'll send an invite to the share. I'll happily take you through the little I know about it when we are on next.

EDIT: I'll try Manu's suggestion below first!

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
3:35 is quickest so far, I just was getting Atlas up and going earlier as I'd like to see the difference in our laps using the telemetry software. Next time you do a run turn on telemetry (alt-L) and when you finish there will be a file in the telemetry directory. I'll create a google drive share so PM me your mail addresses and I'll send an invite to the share. I'll happily take you through the little I know about it when we are on next.

Join that bro, so much easier to use :) - https://virtualracingschool.appspot.com/#

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I need to crawl before I can walk :). Just progressed into class C and picked up the Renault Formula 2.0 and the RUF set

Put in 230 laps at Bathurst in the Renault over the last couple of days but I really suck, ventured into my first race tonight and managed to make it to the end, P11/P25 after I had a good rear end shunt in the mountain decent.

I feel I'd be a totally liability at the moment, but ask me again in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread