iRacing 24h Le Mans - 29th October 2016 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I want to practice tonight if you want to join in :)
I can't make tonight, but can I send you an invite to the VRS (VirtualRaceSchool) team? It would be great to get some data from you to analyse. I've got some up there and so has Yorkie. PM me you're e-mail.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh dear, I slipped on the checkout button :)

Qty Description

1 10280:HPD ARX-01c
1 10404:Mercedes AMG GT3
1 10407:Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
1 10392:10% off - 3-5 piece discount

Does that mean you are our driver number 9? :)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you are our driver number 9? :)

I'm crawling with the odd step, but not walking yet. I've been doing some IMSA & Blancpain GT3 races over the last week, and managed to finish all of them without incident apart from one train wreck in the IMSA @ Watkins Glen where half the backfield was collected by a car doing ping pong off the side railings on L1-T3 and collecting half the field.

I jumped in the HPD and did about 2 laps on Le Mans, and was doing ~ 3:59 :), so think I need to learn the track/car more before committing to anything :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. If you got some time tonight, I think @Puffpirat will do some practice, will also jump in later the evening :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, I slipped on the checkout button :)

Qty Description

1 10280:HPD ARX-01c
1 10404:Mercedes AMG GT3
1 10407:Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
1 10392:10% off - 3-5 piece discount

Don't you just hate it when that happens.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh dear, can't believe I slipped twice ;)

First the 100 credits for 75$ and then for some odd reason those things in my cart :p

Or actually as my wife would say: I saved 37 bucks today lol

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Damn you Puffpirat :) You have confirmed the discounts stack, that means i'm going to have to shell out $75 now

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to mention to you guys about the credits discount. Puff good to see you getting more stuff! Damn I really wish I could race this. Sigh......

B

Blue Monkey

T -14 days

Whats the status on the event:

Teams decided?
Cars decided? --> HPD's
When do we start practising? --> now :D

Sry for being annoying but for such a race I would like to prepare properly

Last edited by a moderator:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
T -14 days

Whats the status on the event:

Teams decided?
Cars decided?
When do we start practising?

Sry for being annoying but for such a race I would like to prepare properly

Compared to you lots of people already did some practice sessions with the default Le Mans HPD setup. Both cars will be HPD.

B

Blue Monkey

Okay guys :D We should sit together and work some at the setup.
@TonyR @Puffpirat @Yorkie_065 @ramiboo @t0daY @Imthecrabby @Blue Monkey @Mr Beas @sry_whoever_I_forgot

Me and Mr Beas noticed that others could brake a lot later and personally I have big problems with braking, oversteer on the rear, but locking at the front ...

I would also appreciate if I could watch or even drive behind someone to see what he is doing to optimize my line and steering lock. That helped me at Spa a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When is the next practice so I can try and be around, at the moment I'm at uni and have a 1 band practice at least everyday, the life of a drummer.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to do some practice tonight? Also maybe get a handle on teams. I see we've all done the spreadsheet so looks like we can cover the hours pretty well for both teams. Does anyone want to be team captains?

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to do some practice tonight? Also maybe get a handle on teams. I see we've all done the spreadsheet so looks like we can cover the hours pretty well for both teams. Does anyone want to be team captains?

I probably won't be on tonight as the F1 is on and I shall be watching that.

As for getting things organised, yeah we need to sort out teams and get everyone happy with a setup. I've personally only made 2 small changes to the iRacing Le Mans setup which you can use, which are:
- 3rd Spring Gap: Set it none
- Other 3rd spring setting (below it): Decrease by 10mm.
The only other thing is making sure tyre pressures are somewhere between 26.5 and 27.0 PSI hot (believe it's around 23.0 psi front, and 23.5 psi rear) is what I've been setting in the setup for this and it feels good. Dials out some of the oversteer and it feels good throughout the length of a stint. Stints are 45mins btw on 60kg of fuel, average 4.3kg per lap, which is 13 complete laps when not doing any fuel conservation. In the 1.5hour races that have been going on for this week, I've been changing tyres in the stop and to me, it's quicker than double stinting them. Not really tried extending the fuel so doing that, may help the tyres to last a bit longer but the drop off in them isn't overly huge.

I've very quickly just made some adjustments to the car livery, and created a second version of it. Shall get screens and a file of those for people to download once we get the teams sorted, so I can throw the correct names on the car :)

I'll be on pretty much every day of the week practicing so keep an eye-out in the iRacing channel, and I might record a lap or two for people to look at and get an idea of lines and gears for corners.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers Yorkie. I tried the setup yesterday and I'm into the low 3:34's with low ish fuel.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Just finished a really enjoyable Le Mans race, best time of 3.34.8, which i'm really happy with. Had a stupid little spin at the 1st gear turn after Indianapolis, with just over 10 minutes to go whilst in 3rd, whilst overtaking a backmarker, had to take the turn really tight as the GT car was on the racing line, tried to get on the power too much, barely touched the barrier . . . 'your car is toast',
FFS!!! Still, I did really enjoy it and got a PB. :D
Just need a B licence now.

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think you can tell by my lack of around I'm going to have to skip this race sadly, my parents are coming up on the Sunday and I'm out Saturday night, so I won't be much help I was around, sorry guys, I'll make it to the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread