iRacing 24h of Spa - 22nd July 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Spa 24hr.png

History:
The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps motor-racing circuit is the venue of the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix, and of the Spa 24 Hours and 1000 km SPA endurance races.
Designed in 1920 by Jules de Their and Henri Langlois Van Ophem, the original triangle-shaped course used public roads between the Belgian towns of Francorchamps, Malmedy, and Stavelot. The track was intended to have hosted its inaugural race in August 1921, however this event had to be cancelled as there was only one entrant. The first car race was held at the circuit in 1922, and two years later saw the first running of the now famous 24 Hours of Francorchamps race. [Wikipedia]

Date:
22 July 2017
Time: Saturday 13:00 GMT
Cars:
GT3 Cars (Audi, BMW, Mercedes, McLaren, Ford GT GT)
(All cars subject to change)
Qualifying: Solo. You must qualify the car sometime during the week before the race.

Race Info
Starts: Rolling
Time of Day: Afternoon
Layout: Endurance
Weather: Default (Temperature: 78° F, Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH, Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover, Skies: Partly Cloudy)
Field size: 60 Cars
Race length: 24 Hours (1440 min.)

Other Info
License: Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)
Warm-Up: 1 hour
Incident Limit: None
iRating in effect: No
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-16 drivers required

Track Guide:

trackmap_spa_endurance.jpg

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh yeah baby! I am in!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Count me in. There is another open bill from last year, maximum attack!

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Can’t make any promises but I will try to attend.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm in :D

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
We have most of the usual reproabtes from car #66 confirmed now :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I've said it another thread, but just to confirm that I will be on holiday that weekend :(:mad::rage: will be booking my own holidays next year.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Count me in. There is another open bill from last year, maximum attack!

No torpedo actions please :)

I'm in! I already own the track & all cars (except Audi), so I can use my own account for this one.

It's probably Audi / Mercedes that we'll be running. The McLaren and Ford cannot keep up. The BMW I've not tested yet.

I've said it another thread, but just to confirm that I will be on holiday that weekend :(:mad::rage: will be booking my own holidays next year.

Send the missus on vacation alone on these weekends :p

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Potentially interested in this, I imagine I should be able to get my own licence high enough in time for this and I could buy content if required so if someone else could use the account then that's fine by me.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Dutchtastic I know you know the McLaren is the fastest car right now. I would expect to see that.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can't take part, sorry. Busy with a double-birthday celebration that weekend and no way I'm missing out on a weekend of boozing with my real-world friends :p

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Dutchtastic I know you know the McLaren is the fastest car right now. I would expect to see that.

Guess I have to do a bit more setup learning / tweaking to do. Eau Rouge was sketchy and Blanchimont was uncontrollable

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just to give an update. They have now changed from Morning to Afternoon for the race. They also changed from 30min to 1 hour for the warmup. I will keep revising the post with any new changes that comes out. :)

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Doing some quick initial testing with the merc and the R8....currently preferring the R8. It feels better to drive around the circuit, pace is very similar at the moment but possibly in the mercs favour. The Audi though I can feel like I can throw around a little more, and feels more planted through eau rouge.

Users who are viewing this thread