iRacing 24h of Spa - 22nd July 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If I cannot find a pace / stability with the mercedes I might as well sign off. There is a 50/50 chance that I survive Eau-Rouge or crash like a torpedo (I'll aim for the leader).
I missed all the BOP and tire changes and have not been able to get back into BSS at all.

Then practice more Jesus Christ :D :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Looks like im not needed then, was gonna try get that weekend at home :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was told you won't be there... Did not know that @Gxbbs

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Way to obligate me to do practice :D
Will be a pleasure. Might even cancel the 2.4 just to spend that time practicing Spa

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Soooooooo, what car? seems like everyone is choosing the Merc, I did quick test 2 days ago, was really slow, but I guess Is just a matter of practice, plus, next week is SPA for the BSS, will be good for traffic practice.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, finally I have done some practice around here - managed to get a 2:22.345 in the merc on a hot (38 degrees track temp) server just now, time was set on freshish tyres and over 100L of fuel remaining.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Blame @Dutchtastic for this but we should look at the BMW. While the car is a little slow in some areas its much easier to drive quicker. This is the setup I have for it so far with some tweaks still to be done. I did match my Merc time optimal wise and the car is easier to go through Eau Rouge. I just couldn't put a clean lap in during the practice session. :) Will continue to test tomorrow and do both cars.
BMW Laptime.jpg

Attachments

• RSR-BMW-24hrSPA-V1.sto
    1.8 KB · Views: 317

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Is that a big possibility of changing to the Bimmer? cuz,, I want to make sure before I break my pig coin bank:D.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It'll be dependant on your team what you'll drive. We're just covering the 3 "OP" cars for Spa and the teams can choose what car to run.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Personally I want the easiest car and don't care too much about fastest, even a second per lap over the whole 24 hours is only 10 minutes and a safer car that reduces just 1 incident has to be worth it.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Eau Rouge & Blanchimont are the place that will kill me that's for sure.

I'm only around 14th-17th then i'm away on business until the night before the race. so really need to know peoples preference as this weekend is the only practice oportunuity for me.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Eau Rouge & Blanchimont are the place that will kill me that's for sure.

Hitting the dip in Eau rouge in the Mercedes and looking odd at your throttle pedal spins you around.
Blanchimont is either coast or brake power through.

These are the main reasons why I tried the BMW because corners is 100% and you won't lose the rear.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Hitting the dip in Eau rouge in the Mercedes and looking odd at your throttle pedal spins you around.
Blanchimont is either coast or brake power through.

These are the main reasons why I tried the BMW because corners is 100% and you won't lose the rear.

Don't give it odd looks. Infact don't look at it....can't think of a worse place to look down at your throttle peddle. :p

Joking aside, at the moment I'm still leaning towards the Merc as a personal preference (I know it doesn't matter when it comes to the team). Have just tried the BMW on my lunch break and it's....ok. Can brake later, easier to get through eau rouge and blanchimont but it feels...odd. Turn in response feels great, but it feels lazy mid corner and the rear end feels lazy too with it being quite a bit softer than the front.

I know Falcon hasn't finished on the setup yet, but at the moment I'm struggling to get any real pace out of it in the session I tried it out in. Did a 21.1 fastest, when Merc was a 20.6. I'm not convinced that the weather was default so shall have to give it another go later.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Couple notes with the bimmer. Eau Rouge is taken in 6th gear and for the most part I found I had to lift very little to make it through. The bimmer also doesn't punish you for making a mistake through there unlike the Merc. But then again I haven't had much time with the Merc either to tweak the setup. Blanchimont is another spot where the car excels and I can go faster but we are only talking 2-3mph here.

From going around behind people last night I noticed the BMW will excel at closing the gap mid corner to exit and will let you make a pass after Pouhon and Blanchimont if you set up right. The car does feel faster through the corners.

Hopefully the BSS sets pop up Sunday night as they head to SPA next week so I can take a look at to see their setup. I think though by Monday night we must come to a decision on what car to run as we have to perform full fuel tests and double stinting tires.

@Yorkie_065 Yeah I know what you mean. It was my first reaction to Dutch. The car doesn't have the torque like the Merc. So it feels BLAH but it's super nimble.

Last edited:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot to post this for you guys. V2 of the BMW setup. We did some more tweaks and I brought my time down to 2:20.1 with a 1:19.8 optimal so getting close. Will hopefully finalize the Merc and BMW setup Sunday night going into Monday.

Attachments

• RSR-24hrSPA-V2.sto
    1.8 KB · Views: 324

Users who are viewing this thread