27th Nov 2016 - World Endurance Championship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just ran a quick MP session with the race conditions and found that the track started to get wet around lap 8 :eek:. Pace dropped off quite rapidly by lap 10, at which point it was safe to come in for wets (could get right on the pace without overheating them at that point). The track was then wet until lap 28, ie, dry tyres were struggling for grip even in laps 26 and 27. At lap 26, when I came in, I was down to 1m53 on the wet tyres but they were starting to overheat at that point (I'd already pitted for a fresh set as I'd spun and hit a wall - trying to be too cocky coming out of the Mercedes Complex :eek:) and I'm not sure they'd have lasted another 2 laps with any sort of control or pace.

One spin in the wet and you can probably say goodbye to your tyres lasting the entire wet stint.

That was in the Marek LMP2 by the way, I don't how other cars are going to behave.

One thing's for sure, it's going to require some finesse to do the race on a single set of rain tyres. Good luck everybody and see you on track in a couple of hours :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I just ran a quick MP session with the race conditions and found that the track started to get wet around lap 8 :eek:. Pace dropped off quite rapidly by lap 10, at which point it was safe to come in for wets (could get right on the pace without overheating them at that point). The track was then wet until lap 28, ie, dry tyres were struggling for grip even in laps 26 and 27. At lap 26, when I came in, I was down to 1m53 on the wet tyres but they were starting to overheat at that point (I'd already pitted for a fresh set as I'd spun and hit a wall - trying to be too cocky coming out of the Mercedes Complex :eek:) and I'm no:)t sure they'd have lasted another 2 laps with any sort of control or pace.

One spin in the wet and you can probably say goodbye to your tyres lasting the entire wet stint.

That was in the Marek LMP2 by the way, I don't how other cars are going to behave.

One thing's for sure, it's going to require some finesse to do the race on a single set of rain tyres. Good luck everybody and see you on track in a couple of hours

Looks like i can start with wet tyres and change at pit stop after rain ends, or maybe not :D, btw how many laps are gt3 supposed to do? 46/47?

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't think there's any "supposed to do" number. If your name is @ramiboo , then they'll last 50 races of this race length. If your name is Cluck then they'll last 3 laps :).

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Kawalsky

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well pCars just thought - "Hey! Let's ruin Manu's race."

First got disconnected 7 minutes before the qualy ends with a 1:45.2xx and after that a second disconnect in the parade lap. My internet had no hiccup, checked it twice. Really frustrating to be honest...

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a great race!
A bit of a mashup in the first corner, but then I slowly worked my way back up, had some great fights with @Corbs and managed to pass him in the pits. Then I slowly got away from him for a couple of laps until I overcooked it when I think @Mark Baggaley was lapping me - I was on the inside, trying not to get on his outside line whilst accelarating. Bad choice. I should have let the car roll for a second. But I kept up the throttle and spun out and the managed to stall my engine. Great! I lost like three or four places, but I got some of them back and got my first podium in the end! 3rd of GT3! Yay! :D

Elmo

SMS Developer
Community Member
Reaction score
Had a blast, GT3 drivers were great and I liked the result too :)

Elmo 3rd.jpg

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Well pCars just thought - "Hey! Let's ruin Manu's race."

First got disconnected 7 minutes before the qualy ends with a 1:45.2xx and after that a second disconnect in the parade lap. My internet had no hiccup, checked it twice. Really frustrating to be honest...
It could have been worse... You could have my race ._.

SaltPacket

Community Member
Reaction score
As a GT3:
Had a relatively unique strategy for the first part of the race – starting on wet tires. Managed to hold up a lot of the field (sorry guys!) which helped me immensely. Shot up the placings when everyone eventually made their stops to near the podium places.

When the rain started to subsided, I felt I came in to the tips a lap too early got jumped by @Invincible after the stops. Then a mistake clipping the gravel near the end meant @FlyingKman was nipping at my coattails. Managed to fend him off (maybe a bit too aggressively, sorry, still learning I guess) to finish just outside the podium places in fourth.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It could have been worse... You could have my race ._.

Be happy that we do not have a "Disagree" button here :D

Results are up and can be found here. Rankings will be updated at some point tomorrow :)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
My 'race' as streamed. Expected to be last in class to be honest but enjoyed my first race in the faster of the two classes. Just hope I did not hinder any GT3 drivers too much. Cheers!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quite gutting for Manu as he definitely had the pace and could have been a fantastic race :(.

I really struggled in this race. Not quite as extreme as the Ford Falcon race at Bathurst, but the car tonight was very different to what I've been driving over the last 48 hours. I tested the same race conditions just earlier today and was putting in 1m46 laps from the start, whilst tonight I didn't even break into the 1m46 territory. The car was, like in the Ford Falcon race, a complete mystery to me in qualifying and, if I'm honest, it felt like it was down on power (but didn't have the cornering performance to suggest that the setup had reverted to default, for example). Feedback through my wheel was 'muted' compared to normal, so it was mostly guesswork trying to drive it.

Oddly, it was only in the rain that I found any kind of performance and feel for the car, posting times that I was more than happy with (v.low 1m53 for example, quick enough to match and, at times, catch Puffy ahead of me).

Once I had a coming together with one of the GT3 guys in the chicane, my race was over. I can only apologise to whoever it was that I hit after spinning. In hindsight, I should have stayed back until after the chicane, but it appeared - from my perspective - as if you had both tried to make space for me, and it caught me out mid-chicane :( . The car was then damaged quite badly and Puffy was 20+ seconds up the road, so that was it. I short-shifted the remaining 10-15 laps and kept a watchful eye on Elmo in P3 (awesome result there mate :) ), managing the gap at 40s or so for the last chunk of the race.

Having seen the qualifying pace of @Puffpirat , @ramiboo , @miagi i and @t0daY , I'm more than happy with bringing the car home in 2nd place.

I would also like to add that, from my perspective, lapping slower cars was absolutely no trouble at all, you all did a fantastic job tonight, thank you :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY - the qualifying results you've posted on the first page are incorrect. From my video footage the results were as below (confirmed by our starting positions on the grid)

Also, Ramiboo posted the fastest LMP2 lap, with a 1m46.116s lap vs Puffy's 1m46.180 :)

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I didn't practice that much so i took yorkie's wet setup from website and car felt great especially in the rain and very predictable , too bad i couldn't keep mohamed behind, probably i shoul've refueled less at 2nd pit stop since i finished with maybe more than 20L, some nice battles too

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck you seem to be getting hit with this setup "bug" a lot more. Might be time to reinstall the game entirely.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck you seem to be getting hit with this setup "bug" a lot more. Might be time to reinstall the game entirely.
Maybe, but the pair of races at Oulton Park, for example, for absolutely fine for me (although I think @ramiboo struggled in the 2nd race). I'll see how it goes over the next few races.

You might be onto something there falcon. I can't go into details but the timing does match up with something. I'll try and do a full re-install during the week, cheers :)

Last edited:

Soulah

Community Member
Reaction score
For this race I haven't practiced a lot, I took my setup I used for Spa in aor gt3 league with a bit more downforce. When I wanted to pit for the second time to change back to slicks I got a pitbox occupied message. Then I came back to the pits the next lap and a wheel nut was jammed. After being 16 seconds ahead of p2 I came out in p3 after my pitstop but after very nice battling with @Corbs I managed to take my first win in RSR.

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Looked like a good race! I watched from Mo's livestream while doing pc2 things, was actually really cool to see from the rift's perspective! I'll be watching more from you I think Mo :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread