30th Apr 2017 - 2 Hours Monza - Crossover with PRD (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ford Gr. 5 default boost with a good radiator setting gives me about 1 engine damage per lap.
Radiator to 0% starts of with 1 per lap and rapidly increase to about 5 per lap =P

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I personally spent an afternoon testing out this situation because.... more boost is better right?

Well after testing all 3 vehicles I found that:
C9 is only affected by radiator settings (engine getting too hot).
Group 5 (both cars), are affected directly by the amount of boost.

Group 5:
-Group 5 takes damage, regardless of radiator setting.
-Default boost levels still incur about 2-3% damage (IIRC been a bit), per lap.
-Full boost in Gr.5, incurs roughly 5-6% damage, per lap.
-This damage was incurred with 100% radiator (~80c water temp).

General Pcars:
-Most cars start taking heavier damage (from overheating), at around 105c water temp.
-Heavier damage to engine implies 2-3% per lap

This is the reason sadly that the C9 is unlimited (thank you admins), and that Gr.5 is limited to the default boost agreement.

With that said both cars are a handful to drive. The Group 5's are particularly interesting in the Lesmos and Parabolica, while C9 is prone to complete destruction coming out of Ascari if you go over the bump wrong.

Scottmik

Community Member
Reaction score
Have had a small delay in getting the the livery pack together. It will be completed tomorrow night. I'll post a link in here for the download and newly (much easier) installation instructions.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there still a place left? Briefing is a bit early but should be possible for 95% to be there.
Name: Rider Nakor
What Class do you want to drive? Group 5

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We are running 2 lobbies with cross-results. So it is still room! :)

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
The weather looks fine for Sunday. Don't mind the current weather that is there. I will have actual projected weather tomorrow morning.

Final weather about 4 hours before race.

Sadly (or for the better for some PRD members after a brutal league rain race), it looks like there will not be any rain.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Great! No rain is totally fine with me! :D
And I didn't think I'll live to see that day - but in the Capri I have actually found a car where I could comfortably do double stints with the tires. Usually I burn my tires way before I've burned my fuel, but today I had to pit for fuel whilst my tires were still 90% green.

Imthecrabby

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I may not be able to make it, as the sesh is real when I get back to uni on Saturday. Is there a way of keeping me a reserve in my class, thanks.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I hope the weather gets better for Sunday :eek:

Yes,, I hope It's Heavy rain :smug:

What's the average lap time for the grp5? Just wondering, cuz I feel painfully slow. I did a practice session with full tank and was running high/lows 50's, some were 49's in a pretty much default set up, just wing for cornering.
@lap 23 engine damage was 77%, So I guess one stop for fuel and fix will be enough to finish the race. I think...

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes,, I hope It's Heavy rain :smug:

What's the average lap time for the grp5? Just wondering, cuz I feel painfully slow. I did a practice session with full tank and was running high/lows 50's, some were 49's in a pretty much default set up, just wing for cornering.
@lap 23 engine damage was 77%, So I guess one stop for fuel and fix will be enough to finish the race. I think...

With full fuel I'm in the 47's, going into 46's when half the fuel is burned. But will probably need to stop twice as I burn roughly 4,25 L per lap with the default boost. Even if I only manage 60 laps before the race is over, my car wants over 250L untill the end.

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What's a good race pace for the sauber? I've been working on the setup for hours but not really made progress. My best was low 33s.

Fuel was about 3.5l per lap for me so two stops it is. Not sure of the tires will hold up, guess the race will show :D

Last edited:
B

Blue Monkey

What's a good race pace for the sauber? I've been working on the setup for hours but not really made progress. My best was low 33s.

Fuel was about 3.5l per lap for me so two stops it is. Not sure of the tires will hold up, guess the race will show :D
Hoooooooooow? I'm in the 36s :(

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
The weather looks fine for Sunday. Don't mind the current weather that is there. I will have actual projected weather tomorrow morning.

Final weather about 4 hours before race.

Sadly (or for the better for some PRD members after a brutal league rain race), it looks like there will not be any rain.
Well that throws a spanner in the works for my hours and hours of practice. I was going off the projected weather...

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Did few tweaks to the set up, now I'm in the 47's, and If the grp5 has to do 60 laps, then I'll have more than enough fuel to the checker flag (hoping one set of tyres last for all the race). So, one pit stop is my strategy.:bucktooth:

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry Silly,

I thought the posts on April 15th regardimg that were pretty clear. Projected weather is always posted the day before the race, Final weather the day of.

Anything that was up there prior to today should have been disregarded.

With that said...

Projected weather is now posted. Final weather will post on Sunday at roughly 1300 UTC

static_energy

Community Member
Reaction score

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry Silly,

I thought the posts on April 15th regardimg that were pretty clear. Projected weather is always posted the day before the race, Final weather the day of.

Anything that was up there prior to today should have been disregarded.

With that said...

Projected weather is now posted. Final weather will post on Sunday at roughly 1300 UTC
Yeah was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, not that serious of an issue. I was just using the projected weather for a baseline, makes strategy easier if anything.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Did few tweaks to the set up, now I'm in the 47's, and If the grp5 has to do 60 laps, then I'll have more than enough fuel to the checker flag (hoping one set of tyres last for all the race). So, one pit stop is my strategy.:bucktooth:
Maths isn't my strongest subject but are you sure about those numbers...?

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Maths isn't my strongest subject but are you sure about those numbers...?

Let's see....

3.8 lts per lap
x
60 laps (thinking we'll do 20 less than the mercs)

Processing....................:writer: = 228 Lts.

The full tank in the bmw is 120 lts, meaning I have a total of 240 with 2 full tanks, If all these is right, then I can stop with almost empty tank and fill it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread