iRacing 6h of the Glen - 5-6th August 2017 | Various Times (1 Viewer)

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Are there any streams going yet or is the racing only going to be tomorrow

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
So how did everyone do? Me and Manu got into top split and were doing decent until an error by me which costs us some time. After that we started moving our way back into 8th place when we had another incident with a GT3 car. That was the race for us sadly. I personally wasn't feeling my best which is a shame as we had pace. Onward to the next race. :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
2 Battered cars finished the 6 hours of Watkins. Solid pace from both the #66 and #698 around the Glen. Unfortunatly we both struck some bad luck after a solid year during the 24 hour events. But hey, we enjoyed every minute of it, battled from the mid / rear of the pack to the top 10 in proper fashion. But due to the bad luck, relegated to top 30. Thank you to @stolnikas @Bassetts and @Corbs to participate in the 17GMT race on Saturday.

On to Petit LeMans @ Atlanta!

Watkins6.png

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So how did everyone do? Me and Manu got into top split and were doing decent until an error by me which costs us some time. After that we started moving our way back into 8th place when we had another incident with a GT3 car. That was the race for us sadly. I personally wasn't feeling my best which is a shame as we had pace. Onward to the next race. :)
I woke up this morning, tuned into t0day's channel, just to see it happen live :( I think RSR really need a way to find some luck now

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Me and @Puffpirat had a pretty fun and enjoyable race. Started P5 which held for quite a while following the leaders in a nice little train. Managed to get into P4 at one point but a small off track in the bus stop got me a slow down and was back in P6. A few laps before hand over to Puffi, had a slight lapse of concentration and scraped the wall to give us 3mins 30 repair time.

Car got fixed up and Puffi battled his way back through the GT3 field, picking off a couple of GTE's that were having troubles. Puffi managed to find his pace and rhythm and got up to speed nice and quick and started closing gaps down to other GTE cars. Over the remainder of the race, we battled back from P19 in class to P11, and were chasing down P10 real hard, who was also battling with P9. They made contact in T2 causing a big crash that put us into P9. P8 was unfortunately out of reach but it was fun fighting back.

Overall I enjoyed it. The mistake that cost us repair time was a big frustration for me, as after that we were consistently half a second down off our time going into the bus stop, but the rest of the lap we could keep pace. We were faster and more consistent than everyone else in the class bar the top 3, so providing we had a trouble free race, we could have been right up there at the front. Either way, was a good fun! Glad finally to got drive with Puffi too! :p

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a blast too, although the result didn't work out for us, both myself and Thomas had some really good pace and were contending for a P5 finish.

The first stint was full on bumper to bumper, and it was great having the other RSR car right behind as we tried to cut through the pack.

It all came crashing down in the 4th hour when I came around toe(8th corner) and there was a car at 90 degrees to the track around the blind corner, I went down the inside to avoid a head on, but just as I made that call he blipped the throttle to pull around and bang, front suspension damage and 11 mins of repairs, I was truly gutted as we were chasing down the pack hard at that stage.

Tomas also drove a great first stint passing through the track with great pace, unfortunately we then tagged the barrier into the bus stop and had to take another bunch of repairs.

I tell you when we took the car out after the last incident I was ragging the car for all it was worth, lines felt great and was getting the power down in all the right places and even putting in green sectors in the low speed sections, but lost a good 1-2 seconds through the high speed.

What a way to break in the direct drive wheel, it worked me hard but god it was so much fun :)

Thanks again to all.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pfffft... you mean “Discovery”...

May as well call you David Attleborough from now on...

Let's leave it here now, please.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
#67 Mid race update: I pranged it.

Sitting in the pits with 6 mins of repairs to go. I ran wide in the penultimate corner, and had a half spin into the wall. :(
We survived a few crashes earlier, and were running well in the top 8 with the car feeling great.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well we had a last minute entry to the 15:00 GMT race,

Pulling out from a lorry with barely minutes to the grid RevolutionSimRacing#698 managed to cobble together a working car with everyone's spare parts from the weekend.

Originally with one driver going to the grid ( @Corbs ) a last minute call to into the #66 driver pool and @Bassetts rocked up to run the middle 2 hour stint before jetting of on his holiday.

Update with 1:15 to go currently running in P3 in class with P2 only 7 seconds up the road.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score

20 Mins to go, running in P2 with P1 14 seconds up the road, going to be a nail biting last 20 mins

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
And that's a P2 finish awesome job to @Corbs who ran nearly 4 hours of the race today, glad I could do my bit for race participation and make the result stick :)

Not bad for a last minute snap decisions to put a team together.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow P2. Last minute decision to race before walking the dog quickly, only to come back to find i have a teamate in @Bassetts thanks mate, great race and almost completly clean, till the last 15 minutes.
p2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread