Project CARS 2 6th May 2018 - A Cold Day In Hell (2 Viewers)

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
I was in the BMW, rather than the ford, but yeah, was over 1 sec down at the end of the GP track...
Don't remember if that was wet or not though?

On 1 'flying' lap in storm, I was:
Ginetta: 10:06 (without ABS / TC)
Porsche: 10:14
Aston: Can't remember, was tired, but felt a little slower than Porsche
BMW: 10:20

Track conditions were different each time, as I had to restart the lobby to change cars (makes accurate rain testing impossible.... should be a way to switch Live track off tbh :< ) but that felt about right.

I'm not taking the Ginetta, it's too OP (I didn't have ABS / TC on, and the rear never slipped at all. I locked up under braking, but I didn't know it didn't have ABS, so didn't reduce brake pressure to account for it - So I think it would be even faster...

Depends how competitive I'm feeling* (not going to have any time to practice now as got family over - and going to have to be very rude to leave them to drive this...) So might just take Porsche just because I have half an old setup, and I felt the others would be a little too frustrating. But part of the reason for still wanting to take part is to try and compare the Wet conditions against what other ppl have. I'm still convinced it's not syncing correctly.
(With that in mind, if anyone is recording to YouTube / etc, please can you let me know your channel, as I'd love to see different ppl's live viewpoint - Thanks)

*By default, not very

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't trust the ginetta in the wet, that's the only reason I'm not driving it :p

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Ginetta should clearly be the fastest on the GP track, but on the Nordschleife power matters alot more. I think over a whole lap the Porsche or Aston might be a bit faster. In the rain race at Silverstone we had a while back the Mustang RTR was actually one of the best cars imo. Dont count out the BMW out aswell, great straight line speed only 2nd to the old Mustang when I tested it. So Porsche and Aston are great overall. Ginetta quick but will be a handful to drive in the wet. In the end being consistent on that track, specially in these conditions, will be the most important factor.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How exactly do you adjust hot pressures correctly? I'm always having problems..
So let's say you are aiming for 1.8 bar..Cold tires are 1.5 bar and after few laps the tires heat up to 1.9 bar.
What do you do?
Do you need to lower the pressure to e.g. 1.4 (although in this way you're are getting more tire to road contact + more heat) or do you need to raise the pressure even more (to have less friction & contact with the road)?
My procedure is :

1. Take the car on the track for 2 laps, check brake pressure and bias => adjust accordingly
2. Drive 2 laps and record brake temps (with Pcars Profiler or HUD)=> adjust brake ducts to reach 700°C max & around 300°C mean. Brake ducts have a huge influence on hot tyre pressures so get them right before you adjust cold pressures
3. Do a long run (4-5 laps depending on the compound) => If hot pressure on a tyre is above 1.8bars then reduce cold pressure accordingly. You might have to do multiple adjustments as 1.85bars hot doesn't mean you have to bleed off 0.5bars cold (there is a proportionality between hot and cold pressures but this can only be determined with experiment) because this is track, car and weather dependent
4. If you change suspension/geometry setup you might have to adjust tyre pressures again

I hope it will help you to tune this :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Definetely going with the Porsche... allthough I love the Aston but I just don't have the time to create a setup for it... and at the moment the rear is horrible in the dry!
Hope I have some time to practise.. and at all join the race as that might be still questionable with my parents visiting (but I'm planning on being there!)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: miagi''
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards?
Be yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Sure, I'm a big boy.
Class:
Clearly GT3

The Quali is only 20 Minutes. The unlucky guys that don't roll out of the box early will only have 1 flying lap. The GT3 guys that get out quick and are quick, might have 2 flying laps. GT4 will only have 1 flying Lap. Wouldn't it be better to do the starting order in TT for this Event?[Guess it's to late for that] Or we make an open 1h Quali (that starts 40 minutes earylier) where ppl can join when they want. Only downside, would need to do Brirfing between Quali and Race. Can we set a sessSes between Quali and Race?

Has anyone put any thought into the setting of this event?

It would take 18 Minutes to do a lap at 80 kph, and do you know where Sector 3 starts?!

Any official statements?

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any official statements?
Qualifying will take place on the GP circuit only. We will start on the GP grid and form up after the Schumacher S with race starting after the NGK chicane(final chicane of GP circuit)

OP is updated for qualifying, starting procedure will be updated later today

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to pull out of this one and let someone race who really wants to.

Just had a full practice race against the AI and quit after an hour. The combo is just too much for me, i didn't enjoy any of it. Just a constant struggle. I expected it in a way (hardest track + rain + night = worst possbile conditions) and thought it would be fun. Well, it isn't. :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to pull out of this one and let someone race who really wants to.

Just had a full practice race against the AI and quit after an hour. The combo is just too much for me, i didn't enjoy any of it. Just a constant struggle. I expected it in a way (hardest track + rain + night = worst possbile conditions) and thought it would be fun. Well, it isn't. :)
No point racing if you're not having fun doing so, so I quite understand why you want to pull out :)

@ProjectPD , you're now in the main list in GT3, I hope you've been practicing just in case ;)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

Luckly I find a car that makes it fun to race for me. Really not an event for Nordschleife beginner though. However I find it so much fun that I raced for an Hour on my own in the two race simulations I started. The flow of the Nordschleife in a car that behaves is addicting. Was never a big fan of that track as some other guys that nearly only race Nordschleife but really looking forward to the event, it will probably be chaos and damage but we will see ^^

Last edited:

img_87

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but thanks for the update :)

That opens a spot for @img_87 , time for you to get some practice in :D

Sorry guys. Won't be able to make this one. Been far too busy preparing for the new arrival that i haven't even been on the game this week and not sure i will even be around tomorrow evening. Hopefully still time for someone to take my place.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys. Won't be able to make this one. Been far too busy preparing for the new arrival that i haven't even been on the game this week and not sure i will even be around tomorrow evening. Hopefully still time for someone to take my place.
OK, thanks for the update :)

@2scoops , you're up :)

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
I would join but I can barely drive for an hour straight, let alone 144 minutes :p

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I would join but I can barely drive for an hour straight, let alone 144 minutes :p

you don't need to drive straight, it's the Nurburgring......

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I would miss Nordschleife race only in case of death.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
:(
More family are staying than expected, so going to earn brownie points with Mrs Andrex and be sociable (with family, rather than friends...), and drop out of this one.

Still interested in how much rain on track ppl get, so if ppl could link me to their live recording, would love to compare.

Have a good one!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up @AndrexUK, it's appreciated :). @Sledgar , you're now in the list for racing tonight. Get your game face on!

Sledgar

Community Member
Reaction score
Yea nice. Already looking forward to the race :)

Users who are viewing this thread