9th Mar 2017 - FG1000 Sprint Series (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Race2
Start crash from behind

Last edited:

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Good to be back for a race for the first time in a while, for me it was amazing, the first couple of laps of both races were very hectic but I managed to come through both unscathed with a bit of luck and a lot of tentative driving.

Big thanks to everyone involved, shame about the big incident at the start but these things happen in Motorsport, both real and simulated. My early judgement of it from the quick videos I have seen is that it was a very minor racing incident that happened to occur at the top of Eau Rouge and therefore spiralled into a major crash.

Big shout out to @Hbuzz (I assume Hbuzz is Haydden) had an epic battle in the last few laps of both races, final corner pass in race 1 for 7th and an attempt at the same that was well defended in race 2, awesome stuff mate and I hope to battle with you track again soon.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for that video Thomas, at least I now know who hit me in Eau Rouge :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dislike the chat ban.

Well it is not a chat ban in this sense. You can still talk through "Push to Talk". We might need to think about people who are using another laptop for push to talk and/or using a rift. Anyway, thanks for the straight forward feedback, we will test further :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
First race was okay, could have been better though. Got 11 aero damage early on from a really really minor tap with @PatatorJohn. It didn't even unsettle my car...
Second race... Well. Forget about it. Spun in the parade lap, started from the pits, worked my way back up to ninth place with three laps to go. Spun and crashed with light suspension damage. Spun again a lap later which ripped off both front wheels. Race over.

Stormin

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was one of the least enjoyable nights of racing I've had with RSR.

Driving standards were too poor, far too much avoidable contact, myself included. Felt like being in the bottom split on iRacing. I'm sure the front of the field would have had a great clean race and the combo has potential to make for good racing.

Dislike the chat ban.

Very sorry @Stormin for driving into the back of you on the straight, I did slow down and wait, obviously couldn't apologise due to the chat rule.

I noticed you had pulled over thanks for that, the damage was too great so had to pit in the end. Cheers for saying tho ;)

Hbuzz

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Pamellaaa that was great racing indeed. The the first race being particularly enjoyable with lap after lap being side by side in the corners and slip streaming down the straights. You unluckiness in the second race with what was presumably a mistake brought us into play again for the last few laps. I had my own moment early in the last lap and thought it'd be an exact rendition of the first race all over again at La Source when you caught onto the back of me. Thank you for your honesty regarding the result in the 2nd race and apologies for not replying on TS at the end there (I'd switched off my wheel by then and was wondering why my push to talk button wasn't working!) I to hope for many more close battles like that. You're right I'm Haydnbuzz on TS.

I certainly approve of the push to talk being a thing. I've just viewed the footage of the incident on the opening lap on the second race and that was a big one and very unfortunate for all involved.

B

Blue Monkey

My point of view of that Race 2 Start & Crash on top of Eau Rouge
I was the guy directly ahead and it all happen in my mirror and I was watching the mirror and my jaw dropped :eek: when I saw a car going airborne
Added a slowmo with zoom in

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score

03:45 Onwards
Now in 4k :) Sorry for the disruption to the race though guys. Hugely disappointed.

Last edited:

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First race was okay, could have been better though. Got 11 aero damage early on from a really really minor tap with @PatatorJohn. It didn't even unsettle my car...
Second race... Well. Forget about it. Spun in the parade lap, started from the pits, worked my way back up to ninth place with three laps to go. Spun and crashed with light suspension damage. Spun again a lap later which ripped off both front wheels. Race over.
I had a lot of lag on the first race, that was barely playable, so I suppose this lag counted in some way. I had a contact with a car that was drifting away, and mine got seriously damaged after that. I'm not sure that's the incident @Invincible is talking about.

Then I came to the pits and did the best I could. But passing an opponent with so much lag really was a pain. My 'CrewChief' was claiming 'clear' then the opposite a tenth after. :banghead: I even hit @SillySausage in the straight, as I was getting his slipstream but his car was teleporting away and further all along. I'm not sure he even noticed. But in any case I'm sorry if I touched anybody.

For the second race, I luckily went through the spectacular crash without damage and settled my pace. The lag was still there, especially a 'L'arrêt d'autobus', but manageable. :cool:

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
First of all, the push-to-talk thing. I dislike it. In all seriousness, I didn't buy an expensive headset and soundcard combo, which is very good at only picking up my voice, to be pushing buttons when I do need to speak, which usually is at moments when I would be too busy controlling my car (after a spin for ex, when one would normally say something like spinner in x corner, inside). Besides that it takes away from the concentration when you have to remember to push a button to talk. If this rule will be enforced I'll probably just go quiet. Not because I want to rebel or anything. But I had to unbind a button which I use. The rest of all my other buttons are necessary as well or too far away to use as a push to talk.

Secondly, the race was awesome. Lots of fun. Nice battles, clean battles. Had no problems with people doing unsafe rejoins or anything.
Bummer about the huge crash at the second race, sorry to all that got involved.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed my first event with you guys, some really great racing especially in the first race. The 2nd race was really unfortunate after Eau Rouge and sorry for my part in it. But after watching the replays i need to say a big sorry to Jago i totally forgot but i switched sides and went up the inside of him at the hairpin a lap or two after the big accident and gave him a tap as he turned in, Totally my fault so sorry for that i should have been more patient. The 2nd race was a real struggle i probably should have pitted in hindsight as i was loosing a lot of speed and steering was off centre. Luckily i managed to get it to the end without sticking it in the barrier after a few very sideways moments.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
My take on the push to talk thing; it certainly worked in terms of reducing chatter but as @Ashnoom says there was at least one time when I would have wanted to announce an incident but wasn't able to because I was too busy to push the button. I doubt this contributed to the incident seen today but its something that definitely could influence or worsen other incidents in the future.

I personally never really had any issues with the chatter as it doesn't tend to distract me too badly (I was also one of those that often ended up talking a bit too often) but I appreciate it could be a lot more of an issue for others, particularly those for whom English is not their mother tongue.

I also prefer using voice activated, it makes my life easier, frees up buttons and does make quick shout outs easier but I suppose it comes down to having everyone disciplined enough to use it and maintain similar communication levels to those seen today (with the understanding that some things today probably should have been called out but weren't due to the push to talk system and therefore slightly more communication would be heard)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well what a combination! I have to out myself, that was my wish combination and I loved it!

First race I qualified 3rd behind @Blue Monkey and @SBart_uk. Monkey and I managed to overtake Bart with enough draft after Eau Rouge. After that I stayed most of the time behind Blue Monkey, with a static gap of 2 seconds. All of a sudden there was like a 4-way battle for P2 with @Dama_The_Crow, @SBart_uk and @Feanor. 2-wide, 3-wide, changing positions all the time, that was massive fun!

At one point @SBart_uk took the chance and overtook me and built up a good gap because I was still fighting with the others. That was not even enough, @ramiboo joined a bit later the battle for P3 aswell, again 2-wide, 3-wide like it would be the most normal thing in racing :D

All in all I managed to finish P3 in front of @Feanor. Was really a good battle in the end, and what a brave move down the straight on the last lap, epic! :)

Second race I started from P8 duo the reversed grid. Had a really good start and was soon-ish P2, directly behind @Blue Monkey again. The gear ratio change back to default helped a lot, so I could keep up with @Blue Monkey, was some intense fighting!

But then it happens... Shifting issues out of nowhere, I could not shift anymore, but watch it yourself:

Luckily I did not hit the wall and could "re-join" the race behind @PatatorJohn. Was a hell of a fight back but in the end I managed to finish P2. Also a big shoutout to @Blue Monkey who waited for me after I managed to regain P2 duo my shifting problems. Was an awesome last lap! Congratz to your double victory tonight! :)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of lag on the first race, that was barely playable, so I suppose this lag counted in some way. I had a contact with a car that was drifting away, and mine got seriously damaged after that. I'm not sure that's the incident @Invincible is talking about.

Then I came to the pits and did the best I could. But passing an opponent with so much lag really was a pain. My 'CrewChief' was claiming 'clear' then the opposite a tenth after. :banghead: I even hit @SillySausage in the straight, as I was getting his slipstream but his car was teleporting away and further all along. I'm not sure he even noticed. But in any case I'm sorry if I touched anybody.

For the second race, I luckily went through the spectacular crash without damage and settled my pace. The lag was still there, especially a 'L'arrêt d'autobus', but manageable. :cool:
Your lag almost wrote off my car

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Also, forgot to add,

The race ended for me with a strange feeling. I felt very disconnected with the race compared to previous races. What made racing with RSR fun for me was the kindness and forgivingness of the people that I was driving with. Small tap here, missing braking point there would always end up in a quick "sorry!" None of that today really. It was too quiet, as if you were driving against an AI. No feeling of driving with "the family".

Sure I am against the occasional chatter about whose fault was what action etc. And sure every now and then there was too much taking going on in other races.

And then the biggest annoyance for me was "shush!!!!!".

You don't shush people, it is rude! And very unpleasant and aggressive. I don't know who it was and I don't care either but it gave me a bitter taste the first race. I did not sign up with RSR to be shushed. (I wasnt shushed cause I had no mic the first race).

Just my two extra cents

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well i am probably one of the biggest culprits for chatting so i will leave the push to talk on for myself until i can control myself lol..

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Race 1, Should also be in 4k when YouTube decides to do it's thing. Enjoyed this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread