9th Mar 2017 - FG1000 Sprint Series (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think he gave his best.

The key is low DF, but not too low. 0/0 made my middle sector and parts of the last sector quite undrivable. One click less on the rear than the front gives you a bit more oversteer on the turn in which helps me personally a lot.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I just changed the fuel and brake bias, and got 2.20s. Are you guys gonna' do full setups? Idk if I can be bothered with that, hate open wheelers. o.o

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just changed the fuel and brake bias, and got 2.20s. Are you guys gonna' do full setups? Idk if I can be bothered with that, hate open wheelers. o.o

I can share mine later and you can give it a try! :)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I can share mine later and you can give it a try! :)

I'll try it, but I like twitchy cars. Most people setup for perfect balance, I like a little imbalance on the rear, hence my hatred for FWD.

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll try it, but I like twitchy cars. Most people setup for perfect balance, I like a little imbalance on the rear, hence my hatred for FWD

That's how I like to drive, too. I'd be willing to share my setup with you, if I knew how to make one :p

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
That's how I like to drive, too. I'd be willing to share my setup with you, if I knew how to make one :p

It's ok. I could make one myself, but honestly, I'm not keen on open wheelers. Only really put time into touring cars, Le Mans, GT etc. Probably will race, just won't setup.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Gulf action :wideyed::wideyed:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I have been practicing offline for this, but going to have to miss this one aswell, as still no internet. :-(

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this one. Something came up and I'm going to have to go out of state tomorrow afternoon :dead:

Seven

Community Member
Reaction score
Haha well it all works out in the end, then :p

Reiche

Community Member
Reaction score
Yay, I got permission to race tonight :playful:

Some general setup questions:
Will the second-longest final drive work as it does for racing with the AI or will the extra amount of slipstream push the cars into the rev limit then?
Is lowest camber still the fastest way? Got my fastest lap practicing with -0,8/-0,2 or -0,6/0 I think, but my performance can't be a reference :D
30 liters of fuel are sufficient for race two, but we shouldn't gamble with less fuel, should we?

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I tried 2 different final drives, one you don't reach the limiter, but I thought may help with slipstreaming and the other you reach the rev limit before half way down the straight, but is a couple of seconds quicker. You can gamble with the fuel, but you might not make it :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I ran a few laps last night. No idea how on earth Suomy got a 2m18.4, the best I'm capable of is a 2m18.8 (I fluffed up the last sector on my fastest lap, which was a 2m19.0)

For what it's worth, I'd definitely say it's worth running the longer gearing (one click to the right of default IIRC). If you run the shorter gearing, you don't stand a chance of passing somebody if you're in their slipstream as you'll run out of revs long before you can make the pass - not just on the first long straight but also the long back section drag to the stadium, as you'll be flat out from the moment you pass the S2 marker, all the way up to the right/left chicane that leads into the stadium complex :).

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh, and with careful tweaks to the setup, it is perfectly feasibly to run 0 wing and still have a pretty stable setup through the middle-section. You won't have as much ability to just 'get on the throttle', as you do with a small amount of wing, but you can still get through that section without too much fuss.

Don't ask me what changes I made, I honestly can't remember. I know I didn't adjust the ride-height or any of the damper settings but I'm fairly certain I adjusted the spring stiffness a fraction and adjusted the front/rear rollbars quite a bit from their defaults (more to suit my style of driving than anything else) but I really couldn't tell you which way I dragged the slider bars - I made a change, tried it, liked it and didn't look at it again :eek:. Other than that, 0 wing and one notch up on the final drive.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am just about at my limit of patience right now. I finally get a nice clear track ahead of me, I've got enough time to finish the lap I'm on and it's a stormer. I'm more than 0.3s up on my best in the session. I'm on for a 1m18 lap. I hit the braking point beautifully for the final corner. I turn in.

Hey!

Who turned the lights out?

My Rift display had gone completely black. It was still switched on and it was responding - as I could see the image on my monitor - but no image at all in the Rift itself.

In the final lap of qualifying. In the final corner. On a likely pole-setting lap. My Rift decides to kick me in the bollocks.

Somebody, somewhere, really effing hates me, it can be the only reason.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
race1...
hit the wall in s2...drive to box for repair but forget to set also engine repair...drive out and
bam...engine damage
bam.jpg

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT : From the post-race discussion, it would appear that I am a little unfair with what follows. However, given that I did not see the cause of the carnage, I can only go by what I saw - after I had recovered from being tapped out. Imagine yourself driving up the straight, seeing cars strewn all over the track, I think most of us would come to the same conclusion - especially after being taken out just a few hundred yards previously. That is where my post comes from, with the added emotional left-over from what happened to me in qualifying (which really was nobody's fault of course :) )

I am going to be extremely blunt re. the opening lap of the 2nd race.

If that is the standard of driving some of you think is acceptable then I am NOT racing with you again. That opening first sector was a disgrace and has no place in this community.

As for myself, I got tapped out at the top of Eau Rouge, despite being way over to the left, barely even keeping it in the track limits. After rejoining the track, I find carnage, cars everywhere ... on the damn straight. I made my way up through, only to collide with Mo, who had come shooting across the track in front of me - I'm sorry Mo, I had nowhere to go and nowhere near enough time to think about reacting. Because I had no pit strategy set up, I couldn't get the damage repaired (despite my default strategy having repairs enabled, it chose to do nothing and sent me on my way within 2 seconds of stopping) and so I retired. With my top speed already some 5-10mph off what it should be, there was no way I was going to carry on in the race.

Seriously folks, just calm it down and settle in to the race, do NOT try and overtake everybody in the first sector because all that you'll get is what we had tonight. Carnage.

And no, that 2nd race did nothing to calm my mood from my Rift failing in qualifying.

We are all better than this, so let's see that in action in the next race :)

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well that was one of the least enjoyable nights of racing I've had with RSR.

Driving standards were too poor, far too much avoidable contact, myself included. Felt like being in the bottom split on iRacing. I'm sure the front of the field would have had a great clean race and the combo has potential to make for good racing.

Dislike the chat ban.

Very sorry @Stormin for driving into the back of you on the straight, I did slow down and wait, obviously couldn't apologise due to the chat rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread