(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great stuff tonight, im excited for what's still to come. I was very surprised to get pole for race 1, but I knew I didn't have the race pace to back it up. So im still happy I held on as long as I did, and still surprised I finished as high as 2nd.

Race 2 began to fall apart as I took a late apex into @Taorminator's nose on lap 1 (I think) and fell to the back. I thought I was clear, and it was the smallest of taps, so Im leaving it as a racing incident, just one of those things. I had some fun moments coming back through the field, but I made too many mistakes and ended up play fighting with @Jamesl91 at the back for the last 10 minutes.

I'll add my video sometime tomorrow...

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Firstly I am glad that so many have showed interest in Assetto Corsa and that so many people showed up. :)

Second, this was for the many of us the first race at RSR, and I really appreciate how friendly and welcome people have been.

The race for my part wasn't that good, but I had some nice battles. I started P9 and took it careful trough T1 and T2. At T2 i forgot that I had cold tires, so I spun on the exit and was last. Stupid mistake. :p Made some small mistakes during the race and finished P17.

Second race was much better and I somehow managed to get into P8 until @ramiboo came storming from the back and passed me. Tried to keep up, but he was just to fast. Some guys in front collied during the later part of the race and in the end i finished P6. :)

Next week the plan is that we are gonna do a IR18 race on Watkins Glen. The outcome of the race will decide what we are gonna do league wise. If people have any suggestions for car/tracks combos for the league, please write it in the General Discussion.

So far the plan is IR18 with all American tracks.

Track list so far is:

1. Sebring International Raceway
2. Watkins Glen International
3. Barber Motorsports Park
4. WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
5. Detroit Grand Prix (Belle Isle Park)
6. Road America
7. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course

Last thing I think the driving standards where pretty good last night. Of course there will always be some small bumps and fender bending, but overall it was pretty good. :)

Like Robert Duvall would have said; "Rubbing is racing"

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome stuff yesterday guys!
I do really love this car, fits my driving style so perfectly in combination with this imo awesome FFB, it's just a pleasure to drive. Also loving this neat little track!
Also loved the driving of you guys yesterday, had really awesome, fair, hard battles in R1 and R2, hats off to @t0daY @Battenberg @Duppy and everybody else (sorry don't really know who I have raced yesterday, as there are no driver names in VR :p ).
Think I was on my way to Pole position, but binned it at the exit of the last corner and spun, so P27 for R1. Made really good progress in the first few laps and ended up somehow in P3 :)
Start of R2 was a little bit messy as guys in front of me braked again after the race was already started, so I had to overtook some of before the start-finish straight. Sorry for that if that is not within the rules :) Had a really nice battle with @Duppy where we went half a lap side to side just giving each other enough room to survive :) passed him in the end and had another great battle with @t0daY for several laps, before I could build a little gap to him and bring it home.

Really looking forward to next week, had a lot of fun yesterday!

Cheers,
Exited

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello all well i dont know if you noticed but i snuck in last night flew under the radar lol...and as the title says a new hope and i was testing to see if it was i really wanted to get back to racing however still not 100% sure.. The event was good i actualy really enjoyed it car and track combo was brill my battle with @Darksi was really good. A big HOWEVER some track etiquette was largly missing track rejoins and just poor driving. I am not faultless i done my own but only having 2 to 3 hours on the game mine was lack of understanding. Anyway im sure once the RSR Gurus have had a sit down discussed rules and regs and put some guidlines down i can honestly see this being a massive part of rsr. I lost all my faith in racing with pc2 im hoping ac will bring me back to the fold..good start tho fingers crossedfor more...

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for missing the race. Was without internet since Friday :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Like Robert Duvall would have said; "Rubbing is racing"

We still encourage people to not make contact with other cars. Contact to a certain extend can happen but ultimately we want to see fair racing without rubbing :)

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice event guys, really enjoyed it. Sorry for some of the mess i created. I blaim it on the UI. :) Still needs a bit of tweaking and getting used to.

ps: There are AC dicsounts available on Steam at the moment (also for DLC and ultimate edition)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great races yesterday guys ! Have had some great battles . Unfortunately race 1 i made a mistake ending me in the wall but race 2 was more like it. Last few laps i had great battle with @t0daY i saw you also were streaming so i checked the last laps also to look how my defending looked like for you but i think i am right in point with it not to aggressive but fight for the position. How was your point of view @t0daY ? Maybe i need to improve or change you know.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great races yesterday guys ! Have had some great battles . Unfortunately race 1 i made a mistake ending me in the wall but race 2 was more like it. Last few laps i had great battle with @t0daY i saw you also were streaming so i checked the last laps also to look how my defending looked like for you but i think i am right in point with it not to aggressive but fight for the position. How was your point of view @t0daY ? Maybe i need to improve or change you know.

Was all good and fair, really enjoyed it. I was a tad faster but at the same time there are not many overtake spots on Snetterton.

P1 in the first ever AC race at RSR is the best gift for me. P3 in the second race made if a full success for me personal but also overall for RSR.

I want more! :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks everyone for showing up on our first event here,was really nice to see full grid with our old friends from #nozgate and see some new guys interested in AC.
About my race,quali wasn't different from my other events qualified at the back.
Race 1 had a decent start and "thanks" to other people spins climbed up to p19 then i started to make little mistakes and ended up p22 still not bad for me.
Race 2 formation was a bit messi,i think i "stole" a position and ended up on the wrong side(sorry about that),tried to climb a few positions but lost everything with some mistakes so ended at last.
See you guys on track next week :D

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Was all good and fair, really enjoyed it. I was a tad faster but at the same time there are not many overtake spots on Snetterton.

P1 in the first ever AC race at RSR is the best gift for me. P3 in the second race made if a full success for me personal but also overall for RSR.

I want more! :)

I think someone did a engine swap on your car. :p

Berserkmir

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys pretty good race yesterday if someone does not push me out in both of the race maybe I can do better but no problem my man still going to broken some leg ;-) as soon I try to leave some video to make evidence for the mistake all have to try not to do, me either of course, in any case, I felt very nice good ambient and good people I hope we have another race soon.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Glad to hear the races went well :)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Shame my internet dicided to play up did manage to get it back on again but it was too laggy for me, hoping to see you at future races.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Since there are a certain number of new drivers i think maybe its wise to before start of new season we have a chat about gentlemens agreements and racing rules. I just know people do not read them most of the time so maybe a idea to do al little drivers chat or something ? in example track joining when you crash that kinda stuff. After many seasons done most of the time you always see the same incidents occuring what shouldnt have been happened if people know how to handle the situations better.. (just my thoughts)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Since there are a certain number of new drivers i think maybe its wise to before start of new season we have a chat about gentlemens agreements and racing rules. I just know people do not read them most of the time so maybe a idea to do al little drivers chat or something ? in example track joining when you crash that kinda stuff. After many seasons done most of the time you always see the same incidents occuring what shouldnt have been happened if people know how to handle the situations better.. (just my thoughts)
Thats the idea of @t0daY drivers briefing, but like @Noztra said on ts after the race even F1 professional drivers crash into each other

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I knew there was something wrong with @t0daY car in the race.. I couldn't figure out why he was so fast, until I saw the replay..

All jokes a side, I made a special "manu" tune of the Ginetta. Now it has a Lambo 6,5 V12 engine with 600HP / 650NM from the Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT.

If people wanna try to tune, they can download it here. :)

Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

We have something like this in place: https://revolutionsimracing.com/pages/driving-standards/
> When you sign up for any event you agree to follow these driving standards.

Thats the idea of @t0daY drivers briefing, but like @Noztra said on ts after the race even F1 professional drivers crash into each other

Can we please go away from this "Even F1 professionals crashing as well" please? That does not justify anything. Rule 1.1.2 of RSR Driving Standards:
  • 1.1.2 - You should, at all times, try to avoid any intentional contact during our events. We understand that a degree of contact is inevitable but, this must always be kept to a minimum, even if you have to compromise your race to do so.

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
i really enjoyed for 2 races after long time:)
race1 was not bad until i hit front driver, srry i don't know who was :) after my hit i was waiting him to rejoin to track outside of track, after 9 or 10 seconds somebody hit me from back.how you did it mate.:D it was so funny time.
race 2 was not bad again until before last chiqane one guy was trying to rejoin track but he got failure and he spinned center of track :Di was just watching to crash.what a moment.
honestly, i really enjoyed all races guys,
full grid wow,great job by @Noztra,@Ricardo Macieira and all staff
it was my second races on RSR.
thanks to all of you guys .
cya next races

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those who are interested, here are my setup changes for the Ginetta on Monday:
- Ride height front/rear to minimum
Pretty much a no brainer for me as snetterton is quite flat and you don't have to take huge kerbs

- softer front ARB (3-4 clicks)
The Ginetta was to understeery in low speed corners for me, so I gave the front ARB some clicks to the softer side

- more front camber (to -3,3 deg)
For me it felt like the Ginetta was missing some front axle grip during the corners whereas the rear end was quite stable all the time. So there was some lateral force to gain.

- Toe front to maximum negative and rear toe to maximum positive (real values displayed at the car on the right side of the setup screen)
Rear end was little bit unstable during braking and positive toe on the rear tires makes the rear end more stable. Front toe was only because of the low tire temps and more toe does increase the tyre heat

- Front dampers bump increased (5 clicks) rear dampers bump increased (5 clicks or so)
During practice I could feel that the weight transfer during braking and accelerating was too fast. So the front tires were loaded too much during braking and were too less loaded on accelerating. This causes understeer during braking and power understeer while applying throttle at the end of a corner

Cheers,
Exited

Users who are viewing this thread