Assetto Corsa Competizione Blancpain Challenge - Rd 5: Paul Ricard (1 Viewer)

Blancpain Challenge - Rd 5: Paul Ricard
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Sunday, August 9, 2020 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, August 9, 2020 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Interesting, i thought the merc would be one of the fastest. Maybe was setup?

I was running 0 wing on the Nissan, hit 278Kph
My max speed in the Ferrari has been 283kph at the end of straight while overtaking someone.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Interesting, i thought the merc would be one of the fastest. Maybe was setup?

I was running 0 wing on the Nissan, hit 278Kph
7 or 8 rear df, with rain during race would have been useful, without not so much

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Definitely too much wing then. Ferrari was 2 (out of 12 I believe) and I was reaching 280kph.
Don’t know if it was you but I passed a Merc rather "early" in the straight, I must say it felt a bit weird. o_O

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
with a backmakers in my back untill the checkered flag

That was me. I asked on TS a couple of times if I could unlap myself, but perhaps my P2T wasn't working correctly during the race. I was closing in on P15 and P16, who actually had a last lap last corner incident, so I potentially could have finished a little further up the field. I didn't want to force my way past without communication.

My qualifying was a mess, just couldn't put a good lap together. I had another half second to gain, but kept making a mess of sector 3. So started P13. After the incident, I pitted to get fully repaired and rejoined in last place. Was close to giving up but decided to stay out. It was a long race and some fortune granted me P17 in the end. I did notice my second set of tyres were much better than the first, I was easily faster in the second half of the race. There was some dark clouds gathering with 20 minutes to go, but the rain never came. Would have made for an interesting finish.

See you all at Bathurst.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was me. I asked on TS a couple of times if I could unlap myself, but perhaps my P2T wasn't working correctly during the race.

I did not hear anyone asking to unlap themselfs (altough i might have been distracted). so maybe your p2t was not working.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I did not hear anyone asking to unlap themselfs (altough i might have been distracted). so maybe your p2t was not working.
I also didn't hear anybody say that. So it must have been the p2t.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Hmmm, strange one. Thanks for the confirmation. Either that or I was pushing the wrong button, which I've done before :banghead:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was me. I asked on TS a couple of times if I could unlap myself, but perhaps my P2T wasn't working correctly during the race. I was closing in on P15 and P16, who actually had a last lap last corner incident, so I potentially could have finished a little further up the field. I didn't want to force my way past without communication.
That was me trying a verstappen move on the inside of last turn that didn't end well after going wide and being passed at the end of the straight, sorry to S.Scott for that

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For my first ever race on ACC and Paul Ricard on- and offline I must day I reached al my objectives.

-Don't qualify last ✓
-Don't mess up the formation lap ✓
-Don't take anyone out ✓
-Don't finish last ✓

Low standards, but that means I can only be delighted by my result.

All in all I was very slow. First stint my tyres were just shit and my car understeerd in every corner.

Second stint after the pitstop me new set of tyres sent me flying and they felt amazing. Sadly it was a bit of a lonely race for since I was so slow on this track because I only learned the game and the track 2 days before hand and these types of tracks have never been my best ones on any sim.

Only reason I managed to not finish last is because of DT's of other people and retirements.

Sorry for the few guys who saw a Bentley fly by of the track and got a little heart attack. This was mostly me thinking I my car was a bit more flexible than it actually was and then me realising it mid move and sending it off cours to avoid you.

Conclusion of this race:
Hate the track
Love the game
Way too hot outside
Hope I see you soon when I am more competitive!
Post automatically merged:

Btw sorry to the red merc (I believe) that bumped in to me pretty early on the race in sector 3. I lost controle of my car because a car cutted infront of me.

Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was me trying a verstappen move on the inside of last turn that didn't end well after going wide and being passed at the end of the straight, sorry to S.Scott for that
No worries, there was no harm done.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
a mythbuster about top speeds here:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Second stint after the pitstop me new set of tyres sent me flying and they felt amazing. Sadly it was a bit of a lonely race for since I was so slow on this track because I only learned the game and the track 2 days before hand and these types of tracks have never been my best ones on any sim.
Are you sure that tyres at start and the ones you put at pit were at the same pressure? Are you sure you didn't start the race with worn tyres?
Dry tyre sets are numbered from 1 to 30, so if your quali setup uses tyre set 1 and so does your race setup then when you load race setup after quali it will automatically use tyre set 1 used for quali, other than that i see no reason to have an increase in performance except for track rubbering but track was already at optimal grip at the start...

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Are you sure that tyres at start and the ones you put at pit were at the same pressure? Are you sure you didn't start the race with worn tyres?
Dry tyre sets are numbered from 1 to 30, so if your quali setup uses tyre set 1 and so does your race setup then when you load race setup after quali it will automatically use tyre set 1 used for quali, other than that i see no reason to have an increase in performance except for track rubbering but track was already at optimal grip at the start...
Yea I am pretty sure I had a used set on in stint 1, but I don't know enough of it yet to change it haha

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was me. I asked on TS a couple of times if I could unlap myself, but perhaps my P2T wasn't working correctly during the race.

I am sorry i didnt heard you. You should have flashed your lights to show your intentions if you felt you could go faster than me. I saw you where faster in some parts of the circuit and i was wondering why you were 1 lap behind as your car seemed competitive.

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
I finally finished an ACC race without major troubles :)

Qualy went well and I was happy with the time i did - Started on P9. I lost one position during the first lap as I was very cautious but gained some positions due to crashes/spins in front. The I was sitting behind Battenberg and couldn't find a way past until he spun out on the curb. But I was still in traffic and felt like I could drive much faster without the traffic that I couldn't manage to overtake. As my teammate was closing in on the long straight I let him pass to give him a chance to try to overtake the cars in front of us. Then I decided to make an early pit stop to get out of traffic and drive some fast laps on my own.
I pitted after 30min into the race and could drive some faster laps as I had not much traffic after the stop. My plan seemed to work out as I could overtake some of the guys that were running in front of me before the pit stop. But with their fresh tyres they could soon overtake me and I was in P9 again. With around 30 min to go I could feel my tyres getting worse and it got a lot worse during the last 15 mins. I lost around 2 sec per lap on my fastest lap time and was holding up a lapped car during the last part of the race. But I managed to finish in front of my teammate in P8 :).

Thanks for the race and I hope I can join the last race at Bathurst.

I was nearly dying during the race as it was so hot in my room :dead:

Last edited:

Def

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea I am pretty sure I had a used set on in stint 1, but I don't know enough of it yet to change it haha

Use the time between quali and race start to adjust fuel & tyre set. It will be under Fuel & Strategy or something along those lines. You can see the wear of the tyre set selected, too (in millimeters).
usually I go for tire set 50 at race start and 49 for the pitstop, that way I’m sure I have fresh tyres.

I wish the server wasn’t restarted so soon, didn’t have time to save replay or watch the results - although I’m not sure admins have any control over that, plus I was the last one to lap.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Use the time between quali and race start to adjust fuel & tyre set. It will be under Fuel & Strategy or something along those lines. You can see the wear of the tyre set selected, too (in millimeters).
usually I go for tire set 50 at race start and 49 for the pitstop, that way I’m sure I have fresh tyres.

I wish the server wasn’t restarted so soon, didn’t have time to save replay or watch the results - although I’m not sure admins have any control over that, plus I was the last one to lap.
Use autosave

Users who are viewing this thread