iRacing Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let's hope that the GT3 version will follow soon after. Would love to drive a Ferrari in BSS

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
They said it will be the first of more Ferrari's so lets hope so

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wonder which way they'll go. The Porsche teaser suggested the 911 RSR (hey thats our car) is also coming which is a GTE car too. Wonder if they split GT3 and GTE or bop them together.

Also 911 Cup is replacing the RUF Cup as soon as it's available. Thankfully I haven't bought the RUF yet. Then again the RUF was more cars in one while they will make you pay for every 911 variant separately.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I hope they will have GT3 and GTE separate and have a WEC class.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That would be awesome with 919 as LMP1, HPD LMP2 und Ferrari Porsche GTE.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
They have the Aston and Cadillac, so they could be converted to WEC spec too, how cool would that be.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That may be too much for the speed of the development team at iRacing ;)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Definitely should be interesting how they plan on doing this with the new cars. I very much enjoyed the RUF. Mainly the Cspec as that was a beast of a car to properly drive quick. Can't wait to try the official Porsche Cup though and all the other cars.

The March build should bring Dirt and with it some "minor" graphical improvements to the sim. Hopefully it won't be too long after that we get day/night transitions. Just in time for LeMans hopefully. Now that dx9 is gone we should start seeing some quicker work on other areas of the sim.

On another note. I just read that Sector 3 announced a audacious plan for RaceRoom. They basically want to compete with iRacing and this year will make sweeping changes to the multiplayer. Adding race series like iRacing with scheduled races. Should be interesting to see what they will do. Lots of work for them ahead though. More competition the better as it only benefits us.

Last edited:
G

Gopher04

Raceroom do have big plans this year, they have been pottering around in the background for awhile now, but this year I think there will be alot of movement, I'm really hoping they get the Porsche/Ferrari licence this year, as I know they want the GT3's to be the latest batch, but then again I would like to be able to sit at my rig for more than half and hour at a time, and win the lottery.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Would be good not to have to wait a year from the announcement to releasing the actual car as well. Still waiting for the BMW M6 and the Mclaren 650 announced early last year.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a long wait with Sector3 for releasing content, so, I'll be back to Raceroom as soon as they finish the GT3 field, (at least Audi LMS,Merc AMG,BMW M6 and Mclaren 650) so, I'm guessing 2018/19? :smug:

Changing back to iRacing, do we have a share set ups thread? just wondering cuz I want to do some races at SPA with the maniacs GT3s, although I haven't race in ages.. Maybe someone has a set up wandering around....:rolleyes:

Edit: Set up for the Audi or the Merc

Last edited:

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Changing back to iRacing, do we have a share set ups thread? just wondering cuz I want to do some races at SPA with the maniacs GT3s, although I haven't race in ages.. Maybe someone has a set up wandering around....:rolleyes:

Edit: Set up for the Audi or the Merc

Merc
Audi

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Having a really hard time at the moment, and really struggling to find the will to race :(

Haemorrhaged 300 iRating over the last two weeks, which I could handle if it was down to my bad driving. Seems i'm either getting stuck in a high SOF race ranked 28th so i'm lucky finish above where I start even if i'm racing the best times of my life and lose iRating or, get placed in a balanced SOF race and get taken out by a crash.

In the balanced SOF races 9/10 i'm getting rammed from behind or smashed into from people that think the yellow flag or a car spinning in the track is a signal to floor the throttle, my SR is taking a hammering aswell, over 75% of the incident points are from rear end collisions, seem to be stuck in a downwards spiral and losing moral fast :(

upload_2017-1-8_19-14-56.png

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Don't give up, Daytona this week so should be great practice for the 24hrs and good for you to get your Confidence back up, just concentrate on rhythm.

I have an Audi setup, but can't upload til the morning.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Bassetts, don't worry too much about losing iRating the past week or 2. That's part of the 1500-2500 IR racers that you get rammed from the back or get placed in odd splits. Next week is Daytona which a lot of people will use to train for the 24 hours, meaning safer driving!
I lost 350 iR in 5 races because I spun, got hit from the back or got black flagged before the race began because somebdy parked his car on the side. It sucks, but the sun will always rise, as will you.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Can you get rid of the control panel when watching replays?

Users who are viewing this thread