iRacing Chit Chat (3 Viewers)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
@Bassetts you still wanting to do some Blancpain enduros? :p

I was doing some testing in the Audi and was doing high 1.24 too, like you I know there is 2 seconds to find, but I didn't think the conditions were right because I was on the edge.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Just suddenly thought, we drive different cars :oops:

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
Also i joined iracing last week (i didnt know even it was the last week of season). I got my D license and ready for season 1 of 17.. Fresh starts always good. I prefer road races and currently playing on division 8 i guess :S

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Excellent, keep at it. It's more important to keep it clean and finish races and your ratings will grow quickly,
I dropped ovals really quickly, I just didn't get the excitement.

Zincau

Community Member
Reaction score
ovals also fun but its not my favorite that's for sure

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well moved from Division 8 last season to Division 3 this season and had a reasonable start to the 2017 Season 1, Managed to finish the first race which is always a good start.

It was quite a clean race to be honest. Not too many major shunts across the pack, and it went pretty well smoothly. I started 14th and crept upto 9th at one point from the undercut at the pit stop. I didn't have to pace of the people I undercut, so dropped back down to 11th. Was looking at a pretty solid 11th place until about 5 laps from then end when I had a little bit of a moment after getting a bit ragged entering turn eight after an over take and lost the back end dropping a place and finishing 12th.

About the best start of a week I've had in a while, normally they end up as train wrecks :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Hopefully be doing my first race tomorrow, were the times any different?

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
My fastest was 1:24:8 but average was 1:27.5 with traffic, pits and spin. clean laps were around the high 1:24's mid 1:25's.

That's pretty much mid pack in the 2k SoF

It's my breaking I need to sort out, but that will have to wait until the dampener turns up. I'm not going to mess around changing everything now and get adjusted then change it again in a couple of weeks when I fit the dampner

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Is that another Christmas present to yourself :D

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Formula Carbon Rim and CSP V3 Dampener Set arrived last week. They are sitting in the boxes teasing me, I ordered them on behalf of the children/wife as my xmas presents so I can't use them :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Well I'm in division 6 now, first race of the new season done, qualified 8th, spun coming out of Graham Hill bend, went down to 13th and managed to finish 10th, all in all uninspiring. Still some work to do on the setup, can't work out if I've got mid corner or corner exit oversteer. I've got to stop getting nervous and twitchy before the start of races, takes me a few laps to calm down.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
You finished, onwards and upwards :)

I'm stuck in lovely Pall Mall this evening so no racing for me tonight.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey @Bassetts how did it go, hope it was better than mine, shame we were not in the same split. Survived the franetic start and pitted in the lead. I use short codes to tell the crew what I want, after 10 seconds I realised it wasn't refuelling so then frantically searched for the fuelling black box. came back out in 7th 6 seconds behind 6th, managed to chase him down by the last lap, but didn't manage to get passed. Such a tricky circuit to overtake on.
We should have a blancpain thread.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I found the race completely different to the practice session, was the race hotter ?

In practice I felt great , was a really friendly chap in the session and knocked 0.4 secs of my personal best. The car felt really stable(relatively speaking) Heading into qualifying and bang, wake up call. The car felt like it had no grip and I was struggling like hell to keep it on the track and doing mid 1:25's

Started 14th? And managed to not get wrecked in some major carnage and gt3 pinballs games during the first few laps, got up to 10th but always felt like I was struggling with the grip and had no confidence in the car through pretty much every corner. After the pit stop it just felt like a boat, but managed to get it across the line after 4x1x's from running out a few times and fighting hard at the end to keep my position.

Finished 11th, gained 20 iracing so as I've been working away it wasn't too bad.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It felt the same for me, I had that at Watkins! though.. That should be the whole point of the practice session to sync your car with the conditions for the race, it's the last chance you get. I did a personal best too a 1.24.4, Chipping away, will get in the 22s in a few years maybe :D

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I think the mismatch between practice and race is a common complaint. Have to say I love the track, one of those that definitely engages me, even if I'm sh1t.

I love tracks that punish people if your not racing on the edge you may as well go and play forza. ... roll on Bathurst.

I think formula Renault is at the glen this week so need to split my time between GT3 and fr 2.0 as the glen is great too.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yup that's one of my major complaints. I hate how they do that. Should be the same temps or very close to it. Maybe one day they will listen to everyone calling for it.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I think the mismatch between practice and race is a common complaint. Have to say I love the track, one of those that definitely engages me, even if I'm sh1t.

I love tracks that punish people if your not racing on the edge you may as well go and play forza. ... roll on Bathurst.

I think formula Renault is at the glen this week so need to split my time between GT3 and fr 2.0 as the glen is great too.

I've never driven a GT3 around Bathurst so that should be enlightening :D I did try FR2.0 but didn't take to it, I heard a rumour that there is a 3.0 formula in development. I run the occasional HPD, but my brain struggles with the speed things are coming at me, it is great fun though :p I do need a regular 2nd car though, I may do the IMSA in a different GT3 or take a look at the Lotus 79, did a test with it when the servers were down and it's quite a hoot.

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
When you race @F1-Masa...and you win :p
http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=18373820&custid=174327

Messy race though, first few laps people were getting slow down penalties left and right which was frustrating, and I only just held out for the lead on the last lap. Cooldown lap though was cool!! Masa still had fuel so he carried on round and I decided to chase him, he blew his engine in Porsche Curves (on purpose) and I ended up pushing him back to the pitlane. #RSRSpirit

Users who are viewing this thread