Fanatec V3' (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
can't hide your age eh :p
My 200SX had a cable-operated throttle, so there. And that was built, erm, yeah OK, so that was built in the last millennium. Fair point.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My 200SX had a cable-operated throttle, so there. And that was built, erm, yeah OK, so that was built in the last millennium. Fair point.
My first car had a cable-operated throttle too ;)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I certainly concur on the throttle pedal. I can't recall driving a car that required any effort, whatsoever, in pushing the loud pedal - it's only moving a cable in real life, after all :)
Well, yeah, the cable, but also the springs on the butterflies.

This fly by wire stuff is only for the SIM's!! LOL

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah, manual choke, happy days :D. You're not a real man until you've got your tappet feelers out* and poured Redex into the carbs :D.

* for the ladies

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
New points and condenser every service.Good old days.

G

Gopher04

Ah, manual choke, happy days :D. You're not a real man until you've got your tappet feelers out* and poured Redex into the carbs :D.

Dude..Redex..lol, I use to have a Capri 280 special, and we stuck Redex down each of the spark plug holes, and then went for a drive, we must off drove 2 miles one direction then came back the same way traveling through our own smoke..

As for tappets, must of done them atleast once a month, and the bloody points..Oh happy days.

Last edited by a moderator:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't think I liked older cars as a kid, now I seem to have become an iconic 80's collector overnight...

Probably not as old as the cars you guys are talking about (calling an '83 & '91 old might be a joke to you :p) but throttle cables got me thinking of my two, and the AE86 has a carby in it at the moment, soon to be a 20v 4AGE most likely after a full resto-mod, hillclimb/track build. :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
IMG_3302.JPG
I certainly concur on the throttle pedal. I can't recall driving a car that required any effort, whatsoever, in pushing the loud pedal - it's only moving a cable in real life, after all :)
This is my setup, the cable is really only a minor thing here!! But as I said, I like a fairly light pedal on the throttle, so despite all these springs the ratio of the lever makes it still quite light. :D

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
This is my setup, the cable is really only a minor thing here!! But as I said, I like a fairly light pedal on the throttle, so despite all these springs the ratio of the lever makes it still quite light. :D
That needs a NSFW warning. I'm sat uncomfortably right under my desk right now ;)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I see your new rig build is coming along :D

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, it's all getting a bit realistic!! :D

The aluminium profile was going to be shipped today I think!! Getting excited.

G

Gopher04

Did anyone else know of the new version of the V3 pedals being released? You can now get them inverted..

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I just got a mail about that! They look very awkward! :confused:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Inverted Fanatec V3's, they look odd.
Price I believe was 600 Euros

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
My CSR Elite pedals are inverted and I really like them. They are starting to give me hassle though, I wonder how much of an improvement these are above mine? Little on the pricey side at 600 Euros perhaps though?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
On top of that I assume you all saw this little bomb dropped on the iRacing forums too! Nice of them too finally confirm it's being worked on.

Hey guys,

it seems that there is some interest in this Topic.

It is an open secret that we are working on a DD since quite some time. The products will speak for themselves so there is no need to hype them. Therefore there is not really anything I can tell you at this point.

We are also not looking for betatesters yet. I will let you know when this starts. So far we only do internal testing.

It will be a fully custom solution so things take more time as we need to build everything from scratch. Really everything so this takes some time.

Our target Launch date is this year and we want to have it sooner than later but quality comes first.

As soon as we start shipping the products we will announce all the details.

A DD Wheel will not replace our ClubSport Wheel. We just lowered the price so it stays competitive for a very long time to come.

Bye

Thomas Jackermeier

PS: All your Clubsport steering wheels will be compatible for sure

Users who are viewing this thread