Fanatec V3' (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat You should apply and get into the beta test program lol. Then I can come visit and hog out your rig while I try it out haha.

G

Gopher04

Well we all new that DD was coming, so I will put my horse in it's stall and say 1800euro's just for the base..
The inverted pedals, as some already have said look awkward..

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Gopher04 I don't think it will be that much lol. They have to hit $1500 or less. I believe it will come around $1000-1200 for the base. That way it can compete with OSW. Accuforce Pro is around $1700 too.

G

Gopher04

Yeh you would like to think, but not forgetting they have just stuck 200euro's on the V3's just for a ugly bit of metal, but yeh do agree they nip to keep the price below other D/drives out there already.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I think price point is key as most are already saying, the CSWv2 is a capable wheel for the mid-high end with not may direct competitors. When you go into direct drive segment the big challenge with be vs the OSW setups.

With the recent release of the SimUCube system they have removed a lot of the complexity in setting up your own direct drive system, so while these wouldn't be turn-key like a Fanatec solution would be, they are no longer rocket science and accessible to most hobbyists.

Remember for around £1000-1100 you can get a Simucube With either the 20Nm or 30Nm MIGE with a 10K encoder, So this will be one of the main competitors unless you absolutely need a turnkey solution.

A couple of key areas for Fanatec will be the choice/specification of the motor, and preserving rim compatibility. You see that alot of the DD setups take the Fanatec rims and adapt as custom DD rims are expensive for anything more than a very basic rim.

I'm on the fence here, especially allready having a CSWv2 that's got to have had over 1000 hours of driving put in on it. I had been starting to save for a SimUCube setup but that was always going to take a while, so it will be interesting to see how this story develops over the coming months.

G

Gopher04

Just thought I stick this up, love the V3's, I use the pedal extenders as it suits my position, the only down side to them is the hard plastic and the grove that has been cut out where the bolts go through to mount them, which you really feel on a half decent length race also every so often I found my foot could slide abit, so I looked for a cheap solution, I found these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/self-adhe...725567?hash=item41c55794ff:g:NtUAAOSw4A5Y2lPP

When I brought them he was selling in packs of 15, but as long as they are 50x150mm all is good, the width is spot on, all you have to do is stick 4 together as they are only 1mm thick then cut the length to 100mm, these things give me such a improved feel and grip now on the pedal, and no pattern being imprinted onto my foot anymore, and now weather is getting better I can go back to bare foot driving again, pics not good one but it shows enough.
IMAG0261.png

Users who are viewing this thread