General PC help/advice (1 Viewer)

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i might get crew chief from?
thanks

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all, how's it going?
I got a question in regards to project cars 2.
My current PC is a Asus Tytan ROG G30AB. The processor is an Intel i5-4670k CPU at 3.4GHZ Quad Core (Overclocking capability to 4.0GHZ), 24GB RAM DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB and running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
Will I be able to run Project cars 2 on this system, if not is it a possibility to upgrade the CPU or do I have to invest in a new system??
Any advise will be greatly appriciated

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all, how's it going?
I got a question in regards to project cars 2.
My current PC is a Asus Tytan ROG G30AB. The processor is an Intel i5-4670k CPU at 3.4GHZ Quad Core (Overclocking capability to 4.0GHZ), 24GB RAM DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB and running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
Will I be able to run Project cars 2 on this system, if not is it a possibility to upgrade the CPU or do I have to invest in a new system??
Any advise will be greatly appriciated
If you can run pCars1 on it you should be fine with pCars2, however the weak point of that build would seem to be GPU and not CPU so if you're looking at upgrades that is where you should focus :).

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Many thanks good buddy

Sadly the prices of graphic cards have skyrocketed the last few months, due to cryptominers who are using the cards to mine for new currency. I should wait a couple of months before you choose to upgrade because of those inflated prices. For example here are the prices for a RX 570, a very very decent card:

upload_2017-7-25_13-26-8.png

As you can see the prices have risen by around 50%!

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi Nighttiger. How are you bro?
Saw you racing. Was great to watch. Many thanks for the update. I was looking at prices this morning (Crazy expensive). I shall keep a look out for either a price drop or if possible to get one on finance after reviewing my monthly home budget. Thanks again

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Sadly the prices of graphic cards have skyrocketed the last few months, due to cryptominers who are using the cards to mine for new currency. I should wait a couple of months before you choose to upgrade because of those inflated prices. For example here are the prices for a RX 570, a very very decent card:

View attachment 2106

As you can see the prices have risen by around 50%!
They are on the brink of dropping though because they are too inefficient or something to make it worth while using a gaming card.

Last edited:

SneakyPanda

Community Member
Reaction score
Also a 1050 TI would be a slight upgrade and hasent risen much in price if at all.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Many thanks All. Great help. I saving up to buy one. Hopefully it will give my PC a new lease of life

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice on a monitor: second take
Upped my limit to 450 € and now can't decide between:

and

Gold Phoenix: 4k 28" would be really nice but it's only 75hz in overdrive. Also slightly better price - 395 €

The Red Eagle costs a tad more with 440 € but has 27" 1440p @144hz.

Though decisions...

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Anything gaming related, 1440p 144hz is always better. 4k, even with an absolute beast machine is hard to push past 60FPS in a lot of games. (I have both, and I only ever use 1440p for gaming, and 4k for editing work).

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Anything gaming related, 1440p 144hz is always better. 4k, even with an absolute beast machine is hard to push past 60FPS in a lot of games. (I have both, and I only ever use 1440p for gaming, and 4k for editing work).

You're right when it comes to "now". I only want something future proof. My current screen is 7 or 8 years old and I plan to have the next one for at least 5 years.
So I'm just thinking that 4k would be better in terms of looking a few years ahead. Also the next generation of GPU's shouldn't struggle that much with 4k anymore.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
How long is future proofing?? If you are saying 3-4 years I'd say 1440 with 144hz will cover that period IMO. It's not just the Resolution in monitors that are going to change in the next 3 years. You'll see the technology improve quite a bit too. In a couple of years, you'll also see 144hz 4K so I'd say rather go for more polished technology in a 1440 that early adopter in the 4K space. I've recently gone from a 1080 to 1440 upgrade and it's a fantastic amount of detail even when it's sitting 23" from my face. Not once have I noticed a pixel. :D

Look below in my sig to see the monitor details. I got them for £480 a peice.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Umm... yeah. You're probably right. Both of you.

I think I'll go with the iiyama GB2760QSU-B1 then.

@ramiboo Your Dell looks nice too, but they can't be had below 537 € which is a tad too much for me.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice on a monitor: second take
Upped my limit to 450 € and now can't decide between:

and

Gold Phoenix: 4k 28" would be really nice but it's only 75hz in overdrive. Also slightly better price - 395 €

The Red Eagle costs a tad more with 440 € but has 27" 1440p @144hz.

Though decisions...
What kind of GPU do you have? I would really recommend to jump on the adaptive sync train (freesync/g-sync) if you know what it is. I have a freesync screen for a year now and it extremely enhances the smoothness of your gameplay especially in racing games due to the fast movement.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I think it's the g-sync that pushes the price up. Not so much Freesync, as that's AMD, and why would anyone want one of them.... :troll:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I think it's the g-sync that pushes the price up. Not so much Freesync, as that's AMD, and why would anyone want one of them.... :troll:
Well, anyway. I'm not going to pay yet another premium to Nvidia just because AMD is incapable of offering a proper competition to Nvidia and force them to adapt their pricing-strategy. So I'll either try to use a hack which makes Freesync work on my GTX1080 (hint @Nighttiger ), or I'll cap the FPS at 100 and make sure it doesn't fall much below that value.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, anyway. I'm not going to pay yet another premium to Nvidia just because AMD is incapable of offering a proper competition to Nvidia and force them to adapt their pricing-strategy. So I'll either try to use a hack which makes Freesync work on my GTX1080 (hint @Nighttiger ), or I'll cap the FPS at 100 and make sure it doesn't fall much below that value.
Alright, a 1080 then haha. Yes G-sync is insanely priced, but it really adds something. However when running a 1080 you shouldn't see that much tearing on the high fps.

Users who are viewing this thread