General PC help/advice (2 Viewers)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me too xD

Just wondering because pc2 is avx enabled and that may push some overclocked CPUs over the edge.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me too xD

Just wondering because pc2 is avx enabled and that may push some overclocked CPUs over the edge.
Wait hang on lol.. Change the subject lol.So if i run the non avx version of pcars would that reduse the usage on my cpu as it goes from 70 to 90 constantly..

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure if it would reduce the usage per se but it would reduce the strain on the CPU, but also the performance of the game. The AVX version gives a 5-10% increase in FPS :)

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
How do you even swap between the two?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
It will have mate like puffi said it usualy starts with a 0x and says something like your pc encounterd a problem and some error code will show like 0x00000001 or it might say something like APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. You need that error code to know why your pc is doing the bsod without one your pretty screwed..

Even with an overclocked cpu a bsod will still give a code if the cpu is failing i know form experience lol
Ok thanks I’ll look next time it happens

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
You can check the crashes in the event viewer. So you do not need to wait for the next one.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Is a hint for a hardware defect. Did you install new hardware recently, or are you overclocking the CPU/GPU?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
It means your cpu generated a trap and the kernel failed to cathch it... Caused by many factors. Hardwear issues overclocked cpu or gpu faulty usb. A recent windows update. A dirty pc.Your best bet to fix is to try.

1. make sure your gpu and cpu are not overclocked.

2. unplug everything from your pc and see if it continues.(if not plug each item in one at a time to see what the suspect is)

3. boot in safe mode as it only gives you the necessary files to run pc and see if it happens again.( if it does it in safe mode it will point to your cpu)

4. Run a system file scan to see if you have any corrupt files.

4. A clean install of windows(this is a last resort but will fix it for sure unless its your cpu causing the issue and then it means a possible new cpu)

Im not as stupid as i look lol.

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
D056A3AB-B958-4C73-A938-6D475F69FCE3.jpeg
I had a look in event viewer and this is also a problem... what does this mean?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
View attachment 3055 I had a look in event viewer and this is also a problem... what does this mean?
It means a driver is corrupt or they are conflicting with something or windows updater can not update the driver for a certain device.. It says bluetooth so id sugest disabling any bluetooth device you have on the pc or try manually updating the said driver.

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
So I tried re installing windows as my last resort and this comes up.... any solutions fingers crossed I don’t have to buy a new cpu
2EDF31F5-F390-467D-8DAD-224983EFAA7C.jpeg

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
So I tried re installing windows as my last resort and this comes up.... any solutions fingers crossed I don’t have to buy a new cpu View attachment 3111
Is your windows copy bound to a Microsoft Live account? If yes, use the Media Creation Tool to download the appropriate ISO image and burn that on a DVD. Then make a fresh install, and use the LIVE account to activate your Windows copy.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Or, a 4gb USB drive suffices. But instead of making an image directly to USB drive, you need to select to create a local image. Which is around 3GB large. Then use a tool to create a bootable USB using said created image. (Safe-Free tools available).

It is what I did for my dad whose harddisk died, and we only had a 4gb USB stick. Worked like a charm, and windows 10 was installed in matters of minutes.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do a Media Creation Tool lately (it was exactly 3 weeks ago, after the Fall Creators Update) and there it said, minimum of 8GB ...
I know, did so for me as well. But the actual image that is created when you select "create image" instead of "create bootable USB device" is less than 4GB

Users who are viewing this thread