Project CARS 2 Ginetta Challenge R2: Oulton Park - 31st May 2018 (5 Viewers)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: kobusnell
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Born2BSlow

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Eugene Flerko
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? yes

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Gosku

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Since my friend @Myron Savytskyi currently cannot access this forum but still wishes to take part in the event, I do the sign-up for him :)

Name: Myron Savytskyi

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Cluck

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: RimanDk

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Jaco P.

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Laserbeak43

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Eagle

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This event is now fully subscribed (as of Jaco's signup), thanks everybody :)

@Laserbeak43 and @eagle , you are on the Reserves List. Any further signups will go into the reserves list in case people drop out or don't show up on the night.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Good thing I'm unable to race this one anyway, this event was posted then subsquently booked out all while I was asleep over here in Aus haha! Good luck everyone, it's sure to be another brilliant race. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: erikhfp

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
Do we really need to sign up for this every single race, and then miss the signups because the race thread is posted at any random time? What the hell? I started in this mini league and I want to participate in all the races. But now I miss this race because I don't F5 this forum every 20 minutes. That's just dumb.

Guess I'll just sign up as a reserve and hope some people couldn't be bothered to show up.

Name: firefly

Last edited by a moderator:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we really need to sign up for this every single race, and then miss the signups because the race thread is posted at any random time? What the hell? I started in this mini league and I want to participate in all the races. But now I miss this race because I don't F5 this forum every 20 minutes. That's just dumb.

Guess I'll just sign up as a reserve and hope some people couldn't be bothered to show up.
I'm sorry you couldn't make it into the main roster right away but could you calm down a little please. I, for one, do not appreciate the attitude of your post.

To address your points.

- We have members all over the world, a time that is "dumb" for one member is perfectly normal for another. I would also strongly argue that 17:00 UTC is not a "dumb" time.
- There are limited places available for this mini-league whether we sign up to individual races or have a sign-up at the start. Couple that with the circuits catering for a different number of grid slots, are we to tell 6 people that signed up for race 1 that they cannot take part in race 2? This is a mini-league being organised for a bit of fun and close racing, it's not an "official' season as such, it's something being organised by us for our members to take part in.
- I know you were exaggerating with the 'every 20 minutes' but all members were tagged in the OP, so even if you're not on the forum regularly through the day, you should have received a notification.
- We would love to run multiple lobbies but aside from the additional organisation required (we need to make sure we have enough staff on hand to run the additional lobbies), we almost always experience some drop-outs from events and, as such, we would need to have at least 55 sign-ups to this event before considering running that extra lobby. None of us want to race on an empty race track.

I nearly missed out on this event myself, as I was away all weekend and didn't get home until gone 20:30 UK time. If I missed out I would have shrugged my shoulders and said "maybe next time".

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
To couple what Cluck said above: For the previous event I was registered as 6th reserve driver, but still I was able to drive due to sign-outs prior the race. So there is no reason to overreact.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Yammie916

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
- I know you were exaggerating with the 'every 20 minutes' but all members were tagged in the OP, so even if you're not on the forum regularly through the day, you should have received a notification.
These have never worked for me. No mail/in-forum alert.

Regarding the "mini league" part. I would like to argue not calling a league then. Either sign up for a "league" or signup for "individual races with a common theme that contribute to your overall standing".

Also, perhaps better if you do go for the "mini league" theme to use tracks that have the same amount of race slots or only use a fixed maximum slots determined by the least slots available.

[edit]
I know these are fillers to fill the gap and add some fun. And I respect that, but I too am a bit sad right now that I would have to spend my very precious time available for a race where I have a small chance of competing in. (I am not going to, so in the theme of a "league" what use would it have to join the rest of the races as well?)

Last edited:

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck yeah you're right. Don't mind me, I'm just being grumpy

Is there a possibility of letting everyone know when the thread is going to be posted? I check the forum pretty regularly but I was just really unlucky that this thread was posted at the exact moment I didn't come back for half a day. I already practiced for the track and was really looking forward to it so I was kinda pissed (as you may have noticed).

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Mearcat

Reserves, no site visits this time.

Users who are viewing this thread