Project CARS 2 Ginetta Challenge R2: Oulton Park - 31st May 2018 (1 Viewer)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
I got to watch the end of the first race and the entire second race via @Battenberg's stream. It was great stuff! I sure wish I wasn't at work today. Would've been great to mix it up with you guys.

I did get a couple odd looks from my co-workers as I exclaimed, "Oh $#!~" out loud during the exciting moments, though.
:nailbiting:

Reactions: Tom

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Damn and blast. Sorry I made that too easy for you @fab. ICEMAN. Well done mate :).

I beat @Puffpirat though :-D

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
all good Born2Slow, it can happen. We are not pro drivers and in the heat of racing people this can happen.

Im chill now and Brands Hatch is just around the corner

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, that went mehhh last night.

As in the practice sessions before, I couldn't find any pace on this track and qualy spat me out on P20.

In R1 I killed myself in lap 4 by touching the left-hand barrier on the way from last turn to straight/finish. It spun me right into the pit entrance, but as the repair time seemed to be infinitely long, I retired.

The DNF put me on P21 for R2. I gained some places upon the start, but got caught out in the turn1 incident. Limped to the pits with nearly undriveable 35 front and 19 suspension damage, and was dead last at that point. I came out of the pits and soon had to let pass the leaders, but I settled down in the mid-field with one lap back. I was happy about the fact, that I could keep up with the guys around P10-P15 pace-wise, but my race was over already at that point.

After this experience, I have mixed feeling in regard to Brands Hatch...

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
after unusually being able to find the server straight away without restarting my pc I tried to join and the game froze so I had to restart anyhoo.
missed most of Quali in the process (not that I would have done much better had I done all of it).
would have started last had somebody not spun on the formation lap and put themselves behind me.
I got a good start and fought my way thru a bit (yes you read that correctly "fought" as in overtook!) and with some others spinning or going off track I made it up to 19th (woohoo) I would have been quite content to stay there for a while, I was close to the peeps in front and there was a gap behind. But circumstances conspired against me and had other idea's. I was struggling with the car. For some reason I get terrible wheel shake in this car (esp going round Shell Oils corner). I made some FFB changes before the race start to try and calm the wheel down but this left me with no feeling of what the car was doing. The car was awful over kerbs and was up on 2 wheels a couple of times. Bizarre as in online testing I'd been able to virtually drift the car and hit all the kerbs with no problem.

A couple of laps in one of these kerbs put me in the wall, but too damaged to continue so would have required a pit. I didn't have the pace to come back from that so retired.

since I broke my knee I haven't been able to fully straighten my right leg and I think my pedals must have moved back(after my mate came round for a go with his lead foot). When going to full throttle it was just at that point where I was extending the leg past it's comfort zone and it started shaking like a shakey thing being shaken in a shakey shaker.

with all this going on there was no point even starting race 2.

*...back to plan A for me I think.

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
would have started last had somebody not spun on the formation lap and put themselves behind me.
it must have been one of those white cars they seem to always spin out on formation laps when racing ginettas :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
it must have been one of those white cars they seem to always spin out on formation laps when racing ginettas :D
haha not this time! i waited until after shell corner to :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
'JAMES CAR IS UTTERLY DESTROYED' by @King-Kodiak

We need to create a meme for that with your car turned upside down :D
Upside down you turnin me xD

8A5B5CDC-6968-488E-A768-B854EA014F4C.jpeg

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just greatful I don’t have VR otherwise I would have probably been sick haha!

The meme could also have “what’s the worst that could happen” haha

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had a blast commentating you guys again, and I hope to make myself a nuisance in your commentary box in the future

Race 1

Race 2

Will be available when YT finishes digesting them.
Awesome stuff again mate. Thanks so much for doing this. Sadly I didn't get to race, but now I can feel part of the whole thing :). I feel like RSR just added an additional extra secret sauce on top of their secret sauce...

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
It is a great pleasure to commentate for you guys, and I appreciate the kind feedback as well, thank you. I hope to be a nuisance far more often on your commentary box.

A couple of you pointed out that I had @Darksi name wrong. My brain had inexplicably (without explainaition, for those who don't know the word) put a rogue K in his name, making it Darkski. Whilst I am sure he has been called worse, I am always very keen on getting people's name right, So I apologise for me apparent inability to read and will do better next time

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It is a great pleasure to commentate for you guys, and I appreciate the kind feedback as well, thank you. I hope to be a nuisance far more often on your commentary box.

A couple of you pointed out that I had @Darksi name wrong. My brain had inexplicably (without explainaition, for those who don't know the word) put a rogue K in his name, making it Darkski. Whilst I am sure he has been called worse, I am always very keen on getting people's name right, So I apologise for me apparent inability to read and will do better next time
I think we were just intending to change his name.

"A commentator never pronounces a name wrong. He says it exactly the way he means to..."

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mmmmh yeah... not the best race for me. One mistake cost me the top 5 in race 1 and I had heavy damage after the turn 1 carnage in race 2 => race over. Not that I care about the result but I feel quite disappointed that I missed the party and did my race alone. I was glad to have a ginetta series so we could have very close battles but it seems I missed it all this race... I hope Brands Hatch will be better

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

hahah no harm no foul. i found it quite amusing actually, i always hear different permutations and answer to most, but it is pronounced "dark si".

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Regarding the race 2 incident, I don't know how it could have been avoided but after watching the replay it seems to me that the field was too bunched up and something like that was definetly going to happen (people were 3 or 4 wide...). Even though I took the outside waaaay wide on purpose to avoid this kind of collision I still got involved in the mess. What I should have done was to take the grass and fly away undamaged but the initial contact happened in my blind spot so I couldn't anticipate. I think we should not take unnecessary risk in turn 1 especially in a 30 min race were all the people in front of you have virtually less pace than you do (reversed grid). You'll have plenty of time to pass. I ended up 8th starting 20th after only 1 lap because of the many incidents in lap one. If I didn't have heavy damage it could have been a great race... Please let's do a cleaner race next time ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
hahah no harm no foul. i found it quite amusing actually, i always hear different permutations and answer to most, but it is pronounced "dark si".
Admit it, you're a Russian imposter, Mr Darkski ;)

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This car and mini-series is incredible - action on every lap!! Thank you to all the admins and @King-Kodiak again for the superb quality commentary (you need to take Crofty's job on Sky F1, 100x better :D).

Great racing last night guys, thanks a lot. The hype from watching last week was real. Here's my POV:

Lots of blocked nose breathing on this one, will get PTT sorted in OBS next time...

Great battling with you @Battenberg, really good fun! After spending near-on a lap side-by-side I'm glad we both came out the other side.

My other highlight of the night was defending heavily from @Puffpirat in the 2nd race... in particular the moment when we were both side-by-side into the chicane where I managed to keep ahead (see video below).

Shout out to @Jaco P. who spent most of the night kissing my rear number plate - I was defending hard all night and he didn't once hit me or pull anything untowards so big thumbs up dude, pleasure racing with you!

Users who are viewing this thread