Project CARS 2 Ginetta Challenge R2: Oulton Park - 31st May 2018 (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Whatever we do, Ashnoom, it's not going to be universally popular, we've been doing this long enough to know that only too well :). It is of course always sad that some people miss out but we can't please everybody.

I would respectively ask that this topic is now regarded as 'closed'

As Eugene rightly pointed out, sign up, you never know who will drop out before the race begins :)

@Cluck yeah you're right. Don't mind me, I'm just being grumpy

Is there a possibility of letting everyone know when the thread is going to be posted? I check the forum pretty regularly but I was just really unlucky that this thread was posted at the exact moment I didn't come back for half a day. I already practiced for the track and was really looking forward to it so I was kinda pissed (as you may have noticed).
I understand, but please also understand that the staff here are also human, that's all I ask :)

I was away all weekend, so if the thread had gone up on Saturday, Sunday or even Monday morning, I would also have missed out. And yes, that would have made me sad, especially as I utterly adore racing at Oulton Park, but if I missed out I missed out, nothing I can do about it.

As for notifying people that the thread is going up, we can't really do any more than add the (at)Members tag.

But again, as per my pre-edit version, this specific topic is now closed. Back to reserves signups and other discussions regarding the event itself may re-commence :)

Last edited:

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck "all human"? I thought you were a chiken. Are you lying to us?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Darn - I forgot to signup. I'll go on as a reserve. Not holding out much hope though :(

Name: UnstopaPaul
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Darn - I forgot to signup. I'll go on as a reserve. Not holding out much hope though :(
For the future, can you add the 'template' text to your post if you're signing up so that those keeping the OP up to date don't miss you, ta :)

Zenny

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the short notice but my parents decided to make plans and I won't be able to make the race tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience, good luck and hope it all goes well.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for the short notice but my parents decided to make plans and I won't be able to make the race tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience, good luck and hope it all goes well.

I have updated the OP with details @Laserbeak43 you are up to the main roster.

Myron Savytskyi

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure i will be able to race this one. Pls. swap me with someone from the reserve list.

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly I'm still not able to race, so I will have to drop out. :(
@Erik you are the next in line. Enjoy! ;)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@admins well - with no sign that i'll make it onto the grid I'm going to withdraw and spend my evening profitably elsewhere. GL guys have a great race

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With a last minute withdrawal from Cluck. @firefly your on the main roster

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. I tried but things got too hectic here with the baby. Sorry all, have a good one.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
absolutely disappointing.

Quali was alright, could have done .2 better probably but P6 was allright.

Race, after the hairpin James had a problem with his wheel and his car just went into mine. Dmg car lost 3 or 4 positions. Ended in P10.

Race 2, total carnage on turn 1 and i was just behind the car that spinned right in the middle of the corner: i think my car went to the moon and back over the next 5 seconds.
Race over.

Cya next week gonna vent my frustration somewhere else.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
absolutely disappointing.

Quali was alright, could have done .2 better probably but P6 was allright.

Race, after the hairpin James had a problem with his wheel and his car just went into mine. Dmg car lost 3 or 4 positions. Ended in P10.

Race 2, total carnage on turn 1 and i was just behind the car that spinned right in the middle of the corner: i think my car went to the moon and back over the next 5 seconds.
Race over.

Cya next week gonna vent my frustration somewhere else.
I apologies, totally my fault. :(

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a blast commentating you guys again, and I hope to make myself a nuisance in your commentary box in the future

Race 1

Race 2

Will be available when YT finishes digesting them.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
20180531212731_1.jpg
Really excited after Quali, but expected to go backwards in Race 1, I wasn't disappointed on that point. I didn't expect to spin out and end up way back but as I couldn't re-enter the track due to traffic, I ended up way down..

Race 2, I have to apologise to Drukqs, after watching the replay I tightened my line in turn 1 when i should have stayed wider, he had nowhere to go, turned me around and the ensuing carnage was all my fault. Just call me Grosjean.

Really sorry guys, I can do better than this...I will be reporting myself for driving standards.

Last edited:

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
great race guys. Especially the first race was awesome for me. Great result while fighting @Eugene Flerko for about the whole duration of the race. very intense!

Second race was good too, but included some setbacks. I had an absolute flying start but unfortunately I got wiped out on the first corner due to a crash unrelated to me.

I would show you my footage, but I think this footage from @fab. ICEMAN is a lot better ;)

edit: I'm also including this. I thought it was a really cool overtake and wanted to share.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread