Oculus Rift and Touch price cut announced (1 Viewer)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
When I first got Oculus, it worked but if i even just touch it to move it on my face it disconnects (HDMI). Then I use it about 30 minutes driving everything fine, and then i tried it to take it off it disconnects.... all that then first bsod happned- That night second dsod and after that I couldn't set it up anymore - Oculus hardware error. Due to all that I think this device was faulty from the start. They didn't ask me too much on support when I send them printcsreens, serial no and error logs. They just told me that they are gonna send me a new one.

Too much trouble about that kind of expensive gear. :(

Im having the same problem Dama,if i touch the headset it will disconnect.I contacted support today, so will have to see what they do about it.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Im having the same problem Dama,if i touch the headset it will disconnect.I contacted support today, so will have to see what they do about it.
You just bought Rift or used it long time?

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have it it a couple of months now,thought it was a problem with my usb ports at first

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
It was my problem exactly. They send me a new one.
I don't know what to think about it really.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It sounds the same problem,the slightest touch can make it disconnect.there are a lot of people having the same problem .

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
If that happens again, i am buying HTC Vive :D

because I can't without VR anymore
:penguin:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
A friend of mine uses the vive ,it is very stable

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well I have just sent my rift back to the Netherlands for an exchange.Dont know how long this will take so I am back to using triple screens. Not a happy boy

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I have just sent my rift back to the Netherlands for an exchange.Dont know how long this will take so I am back to using triple screens. Not a happy boy
8-12 work days

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Usb card installed and working, now i only need that "thing" to plug there :rolleyes:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I did it!! I ordered rift!!
I was a bit undecided because of psu but then i noticed my old gtx580 had about 100W more usage than my 970 so psu should work well

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Rift just arrived! Any1 who has a guide on how to get started with win10 and pcars?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward to get going with PCars.
  • Install Oculus home - do all the setup things.
  • Install Oculus Tray Tool (if you brought that USB3 card I linked to a while ago)
  • Launch PCars from steam, you should have an option to launch in oculus rift mode.
  • Map a button for 'Re-centre HMD'
  • Oculus mode has different graphics settings, so you might have to turn things down for performance.
  • Fun!

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Rift just arrived! Any1 who has a guide on how to get started with win10 and pcars?
Congrats :)

It was all pretty much plug and play after you go to the Oculus website.

First thing ensure to be setup with the right USB slots as per the instructions.

Once your setup have some fun with the demos and enjoy giggling like a 5 year old school girl :)

In terms of Project cars...
Reduce your graphics settings to pretty much low everything to start (no shadows etc...)

Minimise VR sickness:
http://www.paradigmshiftracing.com/...-settings-can-cause-vr-sickness-how-to-fix-it

Get in game and ignore the look - just figure out if its smooth or not.
Do not reverse - you will get sick immediately ! If you have to close your eyes first - no joke.

If you feel remotely ill - stop playing until you feel ok again and build up tolerance very slowly
Playing through the sickness if you get it is a really bad idea it can make you feel like you want to throw up for hours...

Once your reasonably comfortable and it all works as intended:

lets see where we are performance wise using the oculus debug tool:
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-debug-tool/

They say 90fps plus is what your aiming for but the rift does some fancy trickery that makes 45fps plus perfectly playable.

Some are perfectly happy with 45+ others insist on 90fps plus and hence depending on your stance on this that will massively determine your graphics settings.

EDIT: You do not want to go below 45fps - the trickery aspect will make it unplayable and induces sickness quickly.

In game settings....

Sort Pixel density - if you have a decent card (ie 980ti/1070/1080/1080ti) start with 1.5. You may want lower or higher depending on fps...
https://forums.oculus.com/community...r-supersampling-option-to-games-settings-file.

For me with 980ti/6700k (rain performance is tbh a bit too big a hit with these settings - remove shadows / and low particles help loads).

Capture.PNG

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Personally, I would leave Reflections and Environment Mapping on Low and increase the other settings to as high as you can go. If you've still got headroom then increase one of them to Medium and try again, until you find the happy medium between performance and image quality.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would leave Reflections and Environment Mapping on Low and increase the other settings to as high as you can go. If you've still got headroom then increase one of them to Medium and try again, until you find the happy medium between performance and image quality.
And it needs to be done in a quick race setting where is storm and 25 to 30 cars in grid :) When he gets there with 45+ FPS after that all is smooth always ;)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
How to reset visual when i find myself seating at the back seat?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread