Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you lose against lower ranked drivers you can still lose points.... thats probably why Dutch...

The numbers work fine for me, they are going up :D
It's the letters that change between F and U .... :pompous: a hidden message

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
Think it was on WMD forum, but someone posted about getting better safety ratings if you race clean while in a pack of other cars.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone up for some friendly races tonight.. Bit of fun lots of banter and just kick back and do some various races...

G

Gopher04

Have to say what muppet setup the formation/rolling start in this game..not 2x2 it's staggered but there must be atleast 6 cars lengths behind each other the time you nearly complete the formation lap the cars seem to stretch over half the track, and the amount of crashes and rear ending that happens along the way is ridiculous.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I got a 5 second penalty for speeding whilst leading a formation lap, even though I had no instruction of what speed to stick to :rolleyes:
I got 15 seconds worth of penalties because a lagging car made me hit @Elodyr and then someone went into the back of me which then made me hit @Elodyr again and got 10 seconds for that :mad:

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anybody know how to turn off the downshift blocker? It makes me mad when not allows me to shift when I want.
And always find myself in higher gear than I wanted at heavy braking zones

Thanks

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Does anybody know how to turn off the downshift blocker? It makes me mad when not allows me to shift when I want.
And always find myself in higher gear than I wanted at heavy braking zones

Thanks
You cannot turn it off. And you can downshift as soon as you would come out just below the rev limiter in the lower gear.
If you would bang the rev limiter after your shift, the system doesn't let you shift.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Seems like people are struggling to realise that you can’t change down a gear anymore at stupid rpm. I don’t think it’s over the top either, never have a problem down shifting. I’m glad they added this tbh.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a question guys!! How does it work with the H Shifter? Does the Protection still work? To be honest I don't mind the gear shift protection, but sometimes you do want to shift very fast from 5th to 3rd and then 1st when approaching a hairpin from really high speed like at the Nurburging after the long straight down to the first corner hairpin.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Just leave it as it is, that's the way you are supposed to change down, you can't change down until the engine allows it, lets not go back to arcade driving.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a question guys!! How does it work with the H Shifter? Does the Protection still work? To be honest I don't mind the gear shift protection, but sometimes you do want to shift very fast from 5th to 3rd and then 1st when approaching a hairpin from really high speed like at the Nurburging after the long straight down to the first corner hairpin.
Its down right weird imo in a lot of cars....

Some cars are ok but for instance most of the group C cars and there are numerous others = if you down shift all revs stop until you touch the accelerator. If you heel and toe - its fine.

Edit: I should add the weird bit is the engine essentially cuts out very abruptly - you get no engine braking at all until you hit the gas - its like the whole natural braking of the lower gear being engaged and any semblence of engine activity waits until you press go.

Others you go into neutral and feel like your gonna blow the engine..

My solution for the silverstone race was to enable auto clutch and use paddle shifters to avoid numerous weird things.

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
actually with most of the (also historic) cars you don't need to clutch at all, you can just lift and shift with the H-shifter during upshifts, and blipping the throttle during downshifts to prevent exactly that what you have stated @SlowBloke that the engine works weird on downshifts. Downside of that is that you might damage your engine a bit more than you would with normal clutching but with races up to 1 or 1,5 hrs it shouldn't be dramatic at all.

@Ranj1977 as far as i have experienced it until now, you don't have a protection with H-shifter cars (but only when using H-shifter on H-shifter cars). For example i was able to slam down into 3rd from 5th in the qualy for the Group C/Group A event. But again as earlier said you will kill your engine when doing this all the time

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
actually with most of the (also historic) cars you don't need to clutch at all, you can just lift and shift with the H-shifter during upshifts, and blipping the throttle during downshifts to prevent exactly that what you have stated @SlowBloke that the engine works weird on downshifts. Downside of that is that you might damage your engine a bit more than you would with normal clutching but with races up to 1 or 1,5 hrs it shouldn't be dramatic at all.

@Ranj1977 as far as i have experienced it until now, you don't have a protection with H-shifter cars (but only when using H-shifter on H-shifter cars). For example i was able to slam down into 3rd from 5th in the qualy for the Group C/Group A event. But again as earlier said you will kill your engine when doing this all the time
Many thanks for the Info Wayfaerer

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
You cannot turn it off. And you can downshift as soon as you would come out just below the rev limiter in the lower gear.
If you would bang the rev limiter after your shift, the system doesn't let you shift.

I know I cannot... But this is sh*t... I know when I want and how many gears to change....

Seems like people are struggling to realise that you can’t change down a gear anymore at stupid rpm. I don’t think it’s over the top either, never have a problem down shifting. I’m glad they added this tbh.

Maybe this could be OK for other people... But this could be an aid as brake or steering... And would be turn on or off

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know I cannot... But this is sh*t... I know when I want and how many gears to change....

Maybe this could be OK for other people... But this could be an aid as brake or steering... And would be turn on or off

It is a realism setting. Either it has to be forced for everyone or none. Imagine we have the downshift protection and u can just slam the downshifts like a crazy.

First of all it wouldn't be realistic. Secondly u would have an unfair advantage.

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
It is a realism setting. Either it has to be forced for everyone or none. Imagine we have the downshift protection and u can just slam the downshifts like a crazy.

First of all it wouldn't be realistic. Secondly u would have an unfair advantage.
Let s do this... And if anyone can't use it normally let him damage the engine and or transmission

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
This Gear Downshifting Protection is also in Assetto Corsa (gives a little symbol on screen when revs are too high for gear). I think it is a gr8 feature to have. It sure beats having the engine blow up instantaneously due to too high revs and instant retirement

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let s do this... And if anyone can't use it normally let him damage the engine and or transmission

We can't turn it off @zevme, that was mentioned already a couple times. It is realistic, we are driving a sim and not an arcade game a la Forza.

You will have to deal with it..

Users who are viewing this thread