Project CARS 2 Quattro Challenge (1 Viewer)

Quattro Challenge
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 18:30
Until: Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
2x means a weather slot is 30mins :)
To expand on that, a weather 'slot' is 1-hour, so all weather acceleration is based on that. It is also worth remembering that weather never goes from one condition to another, there is always a gradual change, so if rain is the 2nd slot in an event, the rain will arrive earlier than the time would suggest and gradually build in intensity until it reaches the normal amount of rain for that type of weather :)

As an example, if you have a 1-hour race going from Heavy Cloud -> Rain, with 2x time acceleration then you can expect rain to start falling at around the 20 minute mark (maybe earlier), reaching the proper 'Rain' weather at around the 30-minute mark. You will also find rain easing off in the last 10 minutes or so as the weather transitions again back to dry.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: sharkyob
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Sonic

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Apologies for the late notification but I am not going to be able to make it tonight, I have done zero testing on either track or car and would be a menace out there.

EcHoTec

Community Member
Reaction score

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Consider me semi-reserve. I'm still racing, but I might finish early (i have developed a serious case of man-flu accompanied with a headache), depending how i feel.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Laiders

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry can't drive tonight.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
got again a disconnect :mad:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Was a nice Race, had much fun. But one negative thing was @Sonic for me, he was offtrack in the last 5 laps or so at least 2 - 3 times per lap and often gained advantage about me, that's not really nice...

Don't know yet if i will go to the stewards with this, have to watch the replay tomorrow.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

My car after turn 3 on the background, i got a bit salty but watching the replay to be honest it is unclear what happened and since i'm using my phone connection well...s*** happens.

Nonetheless was a really fun race and i was able to get back to P7 after a P9 start and being in last place at turn 3, so i'm pretty Happy.

Really fun car and it's a shame we can't have an RSR championship with Group A car. For me they are the right balance between, speed, close racing, accessibility, fun and vintage factor.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
Great video Battenberg, really enjoyed that battle with you for 7th.

It's definitely taught me a lesson too, you can run tyres with far higher tyre wear than I thought. I think my second stop was completely unnecessary. I also need to avoid overdriving in the rain, it's really obvious I was at start of our battle.

Reactions: Tom

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Good drive @Battenberg !
Was catching you when the rain started, and you pitted a lap (maybe 2) early imo - I think the crossover point was when doing about 1:37's. So I managed to jump you in the pits.
But In the proper rain were able to close me down.
Was no point in fighting really, so was going to let you past anyway, but on braking on the river in the stadium section i felt you were going to into the back of me, so I lifted off the brakes. As I said, I was planning to let you past anyway, so all good!
Was hoping to follow you up to Dama, but couldn't quite keep up.
But still, well chuffed with 6th!

Out of interest, what wings were ppl running?
I had 4 front splitter and 0 rear wing....

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had the default loose setup, but in the rain had turned the in car ARB's to max softness on the front, and max stiffness on the rear - and it still wasn't enough! Brake bias was around 37-40, which seemed to help a lot.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice race for me after long time absence from driving. Really didn't practice at all (although Hockenheim is well known racetrack) but I didn't want to jump race, just wanted to drive.
I used default loose setup as didn't have time (or knowlege :) ) to setup up better one. So 5th place in the end is a bit surprising and rewarding for me.

Very nice battle with @Battenberg last 10 minutes (sorry for few bumps ...)

Users who are viewing this thread