Project CARS 2 Question Thread (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Guys, you overthink it by far. H shifter and nonH shifter is like pro and am. Thats it. No Bop needed, no seperate qualy needed, no blue flags needed. Aaargh
Wow, this went way off topic. I guess the answer to my question was "no one cares about my question" :D. Which is fine, business as usual, just don't shift from 5th to1st and it will all be fine.:cool:

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
Daft question, do we have to use the clutch? :cool: *hides under desk*

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
What hot tyre temps (bar) should I aim for?
Struggling with the car doing a lousy 1:47.....

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anyone testet if Merc is faster on all tracks or is it just in Dubai?
Normally I choose the car what looks or feels better to me. But this time it seems the BMW is clearly more than 1sec slower all around.
I just posting this because it would be sad if we all drive the Merc only because it is faster. I think the cup deserves to be evenly divided - just for the fun of it. :)
I hope some people drive the BMW too! (Still, I‘m not responsible for your points :p)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I chose the merc because I remember growing up watching them with my dad (yes I'm old) & still like the styling of the car over its opponents at the time. The sonax livery is as timeless as the lotus jps, Williams martini, Jordans 7 up livery

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
I chose the merc because I remember growing up watching them with my dad (yes I'm old) & still like the styling of the car over its opponents at the time. The sonax livery is as timeless as the lotus jps, Williams martini, Jordans 7 up livery

I am a Sierra Cosworth fan myself, was a couple of years to early for me, but some great clips out there.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anyone testet if Merc is faster on all tracks or is it just in Dubai?
Normally I choose the car what looks or feels better to me. But this time it seems the BMW is clearly more than 1sec slower all around.
I just posting this because it would be sad if we all drive the Merc only because it is faster. I think the cup deserves to be evenly divided - just for the fun of it. :)
I hope some people drive the BMW too! (Still, I‘m not responsible for your points :p)
I chose the Merc because the red livery reminds me of the alfa 155 dtm x)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
mine are floating around 2.04 hot

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is the in game date same as actual date ?

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't know, nighttiger s guide says 2-2.15 bars for touring cars but I don't know where that number comes from. You'd better experiment what gives the best lap time and tyre life. I have mine around 1.95 but that s on pure feel, it seems to work but maybe not the best

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hello guys! I saw there is a lot of excitement about this series and many people asking questions/sharing info so I'd like to suggest something I've been thinking for a while :

I'd like to coordinate some kind of workshop aimed at learning a track, review driving technique, identifying handling problems and create a baseline setup for the season. The worshop would be mainly for beginners but more experienced drivers are more than welcome.
My method is to use a single setup and a free telemetry software (pcars profiler) to analyse data to give personalized feedback to the drivers and target areas of improvement. The second part is to discuss in group the feeling of the car and identify handling issues. This would lead to the creation of a baseline setup.

To summarize the structure as I see it now :
- The driver has to do offline practice to gather data
- Data comparison to a reference lap from the coach and per driver feedback
- Group online practice to apply feedback and discussion about handling issues
- Creation of a baseline setup and check lap time/consistency gain

I would suggest to start this workshop with Brands Hatch (rnd 3) as a case study. If you are interested, please let me know by replying to this post so I can organize the workshop :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was watching @WIS-RoryMcCann last night & saw that his braking input was only peaking around 40% input, throttle input wasn't reaching 100%.
Happy to help get basic stuff sorted if required.

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
I was watching @WIS-RoryMcCann last night & saw that his braking input was only peaking around 40% input, throttle input wasn't reaching 100%.

Yeah not had much time to sort it out, dont you worry about me :cool:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It looks like a worn out potentiometer to me, I had the same problem on my pedal set. Easy and cheap repair though, you just need to replace it or swap it with the potentiometer from the clutch
Post automatically merged:

Yeah not had much time to sort it out, dont you worry about me :cool:
How was your first race btw, had fun? :)

Users who are viewing this thread