Project CARS 2 Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yea, that's the track I tried. I really want to like PC2, it's a really immersive game and looks fantastic, but I just can't get on with the physics in any cars at all.
Make sure you use jack spade ffb files otherwise pc2 feels like racing with hovercrafts :D

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Make sure you use jack spade ffb files otherwise pc2 feels like racing with hovercrafts :D

I tried those before and it made the handling worse for me. I need to spend time to look at it again.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From fanatec forum:

CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 / CSL Elite Wheel Base + / CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4™

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080 (shown as 108 on some displays)
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100*
BRF User Preference
FEI 080

*SPR only affects the wheel centering in the menu. DPR values have no effect.

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):
Flavour: Raw**
Gain: 100
Volume: 60
Tone: 50
FX: 50

**Alternatively select 'Custom' in combination with Jack Spade's Custom Files (found on the official Project CARS Forum)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I downloaded the Jack Spade files again, I'm not seeing them in the game. All FFB settings are the same no matter what preset I select.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From fanatec forum:

Where is this done? The FFB menu in game only has 5 settings to change? I can't see this in the Fanatec software either?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Go here for ffb files Link

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great, even more confusion. I'm not clever enough to work all this out, watched some YT videos on thJack Spade files and they have installed them into the files differently than the guide. Some are deleting parts of the file names to make them work etc. Why is it such a faff?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great, even more confusion. I'm not clever enough to work all this out, watched some YT videos on thJack Spade files and they have installed them into the files differently than the guide. Some are deleting parts of the file names to make them work etc. Why is it such a faff?
It's all there from 'Installation' on ....

"Installation:
I've included the latest version of the file below.
- Download the latest file below
- Open the zip file and look inside the folder that suits your wheel. Logitech wheels require the 'Gear driven' file, all others the 'Belt/DD driven' file.
- Extract the "ffb_custom_s..............."

Et cetera

And the zip file at the bottom
20200402_183831.png

Plus you are much younger than me and native speaker .... so should be a piece of cake ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It all usually falls at the very first hurdle when people talk about extracting files and putting them in a certain location. Instructions are never clear, especially when the folders are given names that don't follow the file names in the games filing system. Take AC for example. You extract a zip file and you get a folder called 'content'. You then copy that into the main folder of AC, as there is already a content folder which it then replaces and overwrites what was there before. With the Jack Spades one at least, it extracts a folder called 'jack spades blah blah'. Tells you to put this inside the documents/project cars 2 folder. Well, that actually doesn't work. You appear to have to go into the sub folders, copy those individual files, and put them into the folder manually. All well and good for people who know what they're looking at. For noobs - and I've been a PC 'noob' for over 10 years - it is not clear how to do these things, at all. I get hugely frustrated at these processes, and I end up walking away from it all.

Not having a go at anyone here at all for helping, it's all very much appreciated. I just find thi9s install stuff very difficult. Adding that to a game I want to enjoy but can't, because IMO, the physics are absolutely shocking compared to any other sim I've ever raced.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is why I always created instructions that adhered to what I called my "dad test". Whenever I wrote out a set of instructions for a customer to follow, I'd hand them to my father and say "assume nothing, do only what's in the instructions". If he struggled or failed to complete the process, I'd re-write the instructions.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
So, I was going to sign up for the last 2 rounds. I just drove the car. Oh my word, what an awful set of physics this game has. It's like the car is steering from the rear!! Are people making big set up changes to this car?
Older cars on older tyres are driven like that. Steering with the throttle. Most cars are not stuck to the road like modern race cars are on radial slicks!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Absolutely understand that, but I would expect most cars in the game, including 90s TC/DTM cars to not feel like they are either steering from the rear of the car, or pivoting from the centre of the car. Even when the car is up to temperature I feel I have to tip toe around every corner for fear of it oversteering. I've followed loads of guides on setting up the cars and nothing seems to make any difference.

Take a GT3 car, the 488 for example. In PC2 I'm about 10 seconds a lap slower than I am with ACC in the same car and track. In ACC the car feels balanced, I can tell when the tyres are on the limit. In PC2, it feels like I'm on ice, and the car wants to oversteer in every corner. On entry, mid corner, and exit.

There is one caveat here. I'm c*#p ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Absolutely understand that, but I would expect most cars in the game, including 90s TC/DTM cars to not feel like they are either steering from the rear of the car, or pivoting from the centre of the car. Even when the car is up to temperature I feel I have to tip toe around every corner for fear of it oversteering. I've followed loads of guides on setting up the cars and nothing seems to make any difference.

Take a GT3 car, the 488 for example. In PC2 I'm about 10 seconds a lap slower than I am with ACC in the same car and track. In ACC the car feels balanced, I can tell when the tyres are on the limit. In PC2, it feels like I'm on ice, and the car wants to oversteer in every corner. On entry, mid corner, and exit.

There is one caveat here. I'm c*#p ;)
lol you ACC fan boi lol

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
;) I’m as far from a fanboi as you can imagine

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, I've been doing more laps around Bathurst. Has anyone got an indication of lap times? I can't get under 2:28, which is 16 seconds off the world record. Also, trying out those Jack Spade files seems to have removed all FFB from the game.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, I've been doing more laps around Bathurst. Has anyone got an indication of lap times? I can't get under 2:28, which is 16 seconds off the world record. Also, trying out those Jack Spade files seems to have removed all FFB from the game.
I bet world record is from Cluck :chicken:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I bet world record is from Cluck :chicken:
depends on the car aha
pretty sure i hold it for the BAC mono, or I did at one point

Users who are viewing this thread