Project CARS 2 R1: Road America (1 Viewer)

R1: Road America
Posted by t0daY
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

hinesy32

I usually watch everything in front of me at T1. Road America isn't too bad. Famous last words.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
Steam
View
Aye i am up for some racing at the back, sounds good to me

Taorminator

That's given with these cars w/o TC... Soften the rear as much as possible, but not the 3rd spring, as the car could bottom out easily. Then up it click by click until you have a good balance. I have 350N/mm on the front ARB and 60 on the rear IIRC. What about preload? Did you try to fiddle with that?
Also I am running the engine braking on 10 to prevent too much weight transfer going off-throttle on turn-in.
Also always make sure throttle is applied at the right time. Sometimes you cure your driving habits with setup changes. If that s only a little weigt transfer problem you might wanna make a damper adjustment. Or too much accel diff lock?

fab. ICEMAN

Steam
View
Question... Do the commentators fill up a driver spot when joining a lobby or can we have a full grid + director and broadcaster?

Last edited:

Shepard

Steam
View
The latter, me thinks. You have to join the lobby, then get assigned the director/broadcaster role, then the 2 slots are free for drivers, IIRC
Post automatically merged:

On a serious note, to all the non-aliens: avoid the curbs at all cost. They'll just drag you off-track or turn you around in no-time. I tried even with the biggest ride height, and it didn't cure it, also you loose a lot of pace when not running low.

Last edited:

hinesy32

On a serious note, to all the non-aliens: avoid the curbs at all cost. They'll just drag you off-track or turn you around in no-time. I tried even with the biggest ride height, and it didn't cure it, also you loose a lot of pace when not running low.
Yes, I noticed this within 3 corners! Hard to run off kerb in a few of the faster corners.

Born2BSlow

As a long time lurker, this is my first official season, so I’m hoping I won’t embaress myself or my team mate @CatchAGlimpse too much. My pace is a mid 58 if I get lucky in quali, but I’m just keeping my head down and keeping it clean in the race and see where I end up. No heroics, just want to get to the end clean and simple. Let the aliens have their fun out front.

Good luck everyone!

hinesy32

With those sorts of times, that's a very misleading forum name ;)

Owfier

Question... Do the commentators fill up a driver spot when joining a lobby or can we have a full grid + director and broadcaster?
Director and commentator spots are different from driver grid so you won't pick up any spots

kobusnell

Steam
View
Avoid the curbs at all cost. They'll just drag you off-track or turn you around in no-time. I tried even with the biggest ride height, and it didn't cure it, also you loose a lot of pace when not running low.
They are brutal. Absolutely brutal. I rather go a second a lap slower, costing you 15 seconds in the race, where a spin can either kill your race, or the rejoin takes forever.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and turn 1... Let's get through there safely.

Last edited:

hinesy32

Er, has TS changed? Just tried to connect as normal, it brought me to voice.teamspeak.com

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
Steam
View
That sounds like the default server @hinesy32 sent you details in pm

fab. ICEMAN

Steam
View
For all non-drivers: Official Broadcast is here :)

Born2BSlow

I'm viewing race 2 because I had a technical failure :( not a good start to the season. Sorry to my teammate @CatchAGlimpse , at least now you're the clear No.1 driver ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)