(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m struggling to get into the 1:46’s in qually or race trim. I have also found after a few laps in qually mode with low fuel, I can get in with race fuel and almost match my q times, bizarre really.
Try front camber on -2.5 rear i think was -1.6 ride heigjt front 105 rear 110 that will give you a good start..gives the car some rear rake helps with grip on the front reduces under over steer.

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well this is quite an interesting little motor the more fuel in it the quicker it goes or so it seems to me... had a few laps in quali trim and really being aggressive and pushing the very limits of the track i managed a 1.46.277 i could of gone faster but i would of had to cut at least 1 corner to get in the 45s.. in race trim and 39L i can comfortably sit mid to high 46s.. altho you may breath a sigh of relief as im not racing in this one lol.... (((((setup available on request...)))) not for the faster guys tho lol
Com'n Jonno, give us a video. Some of us (me) have no idea how to drive this car. Managed a high 1:47 for quali... And I was ecstatic.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@kobusnell
here you go not the best of laps but i tried to keep it smooth..

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@kobusnell
here you go not the best of laps but i tried to keep it smooth..
Thanks! Very cool. You are making such small movements with your wheel... Which is totally different to how I was driving. I'll have to try this. I feel like I'm constantly turning and correcting and turning and correcting.
It's also clear that you have to use as much curb as possible though. The first and second chicane is so close to the limit. I've tried following some TT cars and they are able to exceed the RSR track limits at the chicanes.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks! Very cool. You are making such small movements with your wheel... Which is totally different to how I was driving. I'll have to try this. I feel like I'm constantly turning and correcting and turning and correcting.
It's also clear that you have to use as much curb as possible though. The first and second chicane is so close to the limit. I've tried following some TT cars and they are able to exceed the RSR track limits at the chicanes.
yeah the chicane's are a little tricky and you have no choice but to use some kerb i watched some rl races round there and most of em pretty much straight line em lol. im sure rsr will allow some lea way with the chicane's

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
yeah the chicane's are a little tricky and you have no choice but to use some kerb i watched some rl races round there and most of em pretty much straight line em lol. im sure rsr will allow some lea way with the chicane's
Thanks for the video Jonno! I did a 46:480 with a near perfect quali lap and there is very little difference when I see you driving. The only difference is the 2nd chicane where you take the full kerb on the 2nd apex. From my experience when you take it like that you put all 4 wheels in it so I thought it would not be legal... The thing is it can earn you quite a lot of time because your are better placed on the track for the entry of the right hander coming next. If it is considered legal, I think a 46:0 or 45:9 is achievable but otherwise 46:5 is the lowest I can go

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could we clarify this admins in regards to the first chicane as there is quite a lot of time to be gained by taking the kerbs aggressively with a high risk of having all 4 wheels outside the white lines momentarily.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There isn't anything to confirm, as far as I'm concerned. If we were going to "relax" the rules for this race, we would have mentioned it by now so, in the absence of any such announcement, our normal rule of "2 wheels within the white lines at all times" applies :)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Checking the driver conduct again, does the white line count as part of the track or not? If two wheels are touching the line does that count as on the track? Of course I won't be able to aim that precisely, but I was wondering about it when checking my AC track limits as well.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The white line counts as the track, yes, so it's 2 wheels on or inside those lines. We very rarely relax those rules but exceptions are sometimes necessary.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the video Jonno! I did a 46:480 with a near perfect quali lap and there is very little difference when I see you driving. The only difference is the 2nd chicane where you take the full kerb on the 2nd apex. From my experience when you take it like that you put all 4 wheels in it so I thought it would not be legal... The thing is it can earn you quite a lot of time because your are better placed on the track for the entry of the right hander coming next. If it is considered legal, I think a 46:0 or 45:9 is achievable but otherwise 46:5 is the lowest I can go
I dont usualy take it like that tbh lol turned in just a little too soon for my liking i did say it was a scruffy lap lol.
Post automatically merged:

Also just like to clarify i was not implying the rules need to be slack or bent i was just trying to say sometimes things happen brake late turn early etc if you feel you have cut then lift off as to not gain anymore time..

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I dont usualy take it like that tbh lol turned in just a little too soon for my liking i did say it was a scruffy lap lol.
Post automatically merged:

Also just like to clarify i was not implying the rules need to be slack or bent i was just trying to say sometimes things happen brake late turn early etc if you feel you have cut then lift off as to not gain anymore time..
Yeah no worries mate I wad just looking for what was different berween our laps :) pretty darn good lap anyway! :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Good lap Jonno, finally got around to watching it...I'm getting way more oversteer than that. Is it in TT or are you using online server?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looks like I need to fiddle with the diff/ preload after watching your lap @Jonno.
Kudos points to you good sir!

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The white line counts as the track, yes, so it's 2 wheels on or inside those lines. We very rarely relax those rules but exceptions are sometimes necessary.

Since I'm not driving there, I can express my feelings freely, which would be something like this:

"For drivers, not relaxing the limits on the Zolder chicanes is like feeding Lions with Lettuce, pretending they are now vegans, then expect they'll not swallow the next sheep around."

;)

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately guys I have slept awkwardly and cannot move my neck, so I'm going to have to withdraw from tonight's race unless it miraculously fixes itself by 7pm.

Cheers

Rargon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sadly I won't be able to attend today. Have a great race everyone.

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
I'am not able to join tonight because of sickness. Could my place take my team mate Onufmi, who is 9th on reserves, or it automaticaly belongs to 1st reserve driver, who will be online?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It goes in order of sign up for reserves depending who turns up

Users who are viewing this thread