Project CARS 2 Renault ESport Series (1 Viewer)

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
If I could do that consistently on that track, I'd be OK. I feel like I need to do most of my driving practice in GT3, it usually gives me enough skill to handle the slower cars a bit better. So back to the M6!!!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck how do you know if people are not eligible to go through.???

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck how do you know if people are not eligible to go through.???
I was checking their Steam profiles. Those that showed a non-UK location were pretty obviously going to get excluded :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was checking their Steam profiles. Those that showed a non-UK location were pretty obviously going to get excluded :)
ahhh right ok so i just got to hope that 14 people are excluded from this then and ill be in top 6 lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, any that have already qualified will also be excluded :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
got my fingers crossed then lol

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You must have crossed them pretty hard ;)

Congrats @Jonno and @Born2BSlow , you're also through to the semi-finals. Be interested to know what split you've been put into :)
What really omfg really...

Yeaahhhh i had everyrhing crossed man lol.. Well done @Born2BSlow your lap was brill i couldnt catch you at all...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What really omfg really...

Yeaahhhh i had everyrhing crossed man lol.. Well done @Born2BSlow your lap was brill i couldnt catch you at all...
As I said, the events were open to everybody to take part in but the only times that would count were people who had registered to take part. On top of that, you could exclude those that had already qualified. Given that you qualified in 4th, that means 16 people above you were excluded.

The semi-finals are interesting. Because there is no way of creating a private 'event', they are running 2-hour sessions that you need to pick a time to run it, join the lobby set up for yourself and set your time in. You will be the only person on track and you can do as many laps as you like in the 2 hours available but the pressure is on because there is just that one session to do it in. I'm running on Saturday afternoon, to give me a bit of time to practice beforehand (god knows I need it, Spa really isn't my favourite circuit)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I said, the events were open to everybody to take part in but the only times that would count were people who had registered to take part. On top of that, you could exclude those that had already qualified. Given that you qualified in 4th, that means 16 people above you were excluded.

The semi-finals are interesting. Because there is no way of creating a private 'event', they are running 2-hour sessions that you need to pick a time to run it, join the lobby set up for yourself and set your time in. You will be the only person on track and you can do as many laps as you like in the 2 hours available but the pressure is on because there is just that one session to do it in. I'm running on Saturday afternoon, to give me a bit of time to practice beforehand (god knows I need it, Spa really isn't my favourite circuit)
ohh really how do i do that then please

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ohh really how do i do that then please
You'll have an e-mail from the organisers, so keep an eye open (including the spam folder - my first e-mail from them went into there!) :). It will contain a lot of the info but, in short, you'll either be in the Formula Renault 3.5 at Monza or the Renault Sport R.S. 01 at Spa. You need to give them a time that you want to run (the last slot available will be ~9pm on Monday 18th, since the round ends at 11:59pm) and they will create a lobby for you, e-mailing you the password to join just a few minutes beforehand. You then get that 2 hour lobby all to yourself, to do as many laps as you like. They will take your fastest lap during that time. You don't get a second chance, once the 2 hours are up, that's it.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok so iv had the email and iv replayed to that with a time and day.. im assuming thats all i do.???? sorry to be a pain cluck lol

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im in your split @Cluck lol thats me done then lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok so iv had the email and iv replayed to that with a time and day.. im assuming thats all i do.???? sorry to be a pain cluck lol
Mate, I barely know more than you :D . I got a reply today to say that my slot is now reserved, the rest of the info I've posted here is only from the e-mails I've had from the organisers (the same e-mails they've sent to everybody) :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
its ok bud iv seen the emails and read them all i know is iv got my worst track and a good car lol

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Jonno @Cluck I'm doing mine 7-9 tonight, my sister is having a baby today so will be busy tomorrow munching with the new niece/nephew and Sunday I'll be on the beer and/or back at hospital as my 12yo son has volunteered to cook bbq for me as it's father's day :0

My lap was the result of many many failed laps Jonno...I got P6 overall but qualified P2. Pretty happy with that.

Also in Split2 RS01 @ Spa. I'm struggling to get into the 2.10's as I keep overheating the rear tyres...will let you know how I do, or I'll tell I managed to pull of a 2:06 so you push too hard and bin it lol.

I'm already at Silverstone on Sunday 8th for my first ever GP compliments of free tickets through my boss/work :) . I also got 2 free Palmersports days with the overclockers competition a couple of years ago, brilliant day for whoever wins, especially racing F3000's in torrential rain, wow I papped myself lol

Anyway good luck guys, I hope one of us gets through. I'm not expecting it to be me with the mighty chicken in the mix ;)

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck tonight B2B :)

Just to note, if you find anything that you think can be 'exploited', e-mail the organisers about it and don't try it yourself - I e-mailed the organisers yesterday regarding one such possible thing and they said they will be keeping a close eye on the driver throughout the 2-hour session, looking for anything untoward. In case you hadn't worked it out already, the session will be a 'qualifying' session in the lobby, running for 2 hours. Fixed at 'default date', clear weather, no time acceleration, no fuel or tyre depletion and real assists (though you can run without TC if you disable it in Gameplay). You cannot change ABS or TC levels via the ICM, but if they are disabled in Gameplay Options then they will be disabled in the lobby.

Was interesting to see lots of the quali front runners set their fastest times using 'Steering Assist'. I wonder how many will try the same in these semi-finals.

Obviously, I'm curious to know what time you manage tonight but I will understand if you don't post it. I won't be posting mine until the semi-finals have ended, at which point I'll upload the live recording of my lap :)

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Cool. Can't wait.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How do you know there using steering assist.?????

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mines tomorow @ 7 to 9.. I wish both you guys the best of luck.. be real nice if we could all get through (i know im clutching at straws lol)

Users who are viewing this thread