Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 2: Silverstone (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 2: Silverstone
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Any news on the track limits just before the back straight @t0daY?

Grabbed this from the Clios thread:

View attachment 9118
Yeah thats fine, added to OP.

I'd say we've left it a little late considering some have been practicing for a number of days now... Though I doubt the cones would last more than 2 laps anyway
You can literally just turn wider into this corner, you really need to adjust to that? Hard to believe for me, sorry :(

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
actually I like to take the corner tight in the rain, with or without cones.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
actually I like to take the corner tight in the rain, with or without cones.
Yeah its not difficult to take that corner within the limits... But some people need the extra help lol..

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not difficult to take that corner within the limits... But some people need the extra help lol..
That's not what I said. I ment it is faster to take it tight. I do miss the corner sometimes, then I do cross the cones in testing. With the way the tire and water saturation changes, can't always nail it.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's not what I said. I ment it is faster to take it tight. I do miss the corner sometimes, then I do cross the cones in testing. With the way the tire and water saturation changes, can't always nail it.
But my comment still stands its not hard to keep it within the set out limits.. Ofcourse mistakes happen and sometimes youll run wide or your fighting so you have no option to run wide but as i said above its really not that difficult to keep it in the limits.;)
Post automatically merged:

Tbh im not botherd about extending or not im just here to pass time until i go back to work lol

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Well relying on moveable objects is never a good idea.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I think it should be kept free, as long as you stay on the tarmac. The short line is faster anyway and it is very difficult to judge this corner without the cones.
One thing we could add is that the car going over the white line has to yield, so a car taking the proper line won't get a penalty when hitting someone who's unavoidable.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Reminder for pit stop strategy race 2.

Don't forget to select WETS for the tyre change.

Just found out I'm terribly slow with slicks on a wet track :facepalm: :wacky:
My pit crew was extremely fast though :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Not that I’m want to weigh in on the rights or wrongs of the track limit decision, gutted I can’t make it tonight as a wet race at Silverstone is exactly my cup of tea!

But I agree with Miagi here in real life it’s definitely faster to not cut the track on the exit and not the line the pros teach and use. Not sure how accurate the Pcars2 track is, it’s got quite an abrupt elevation change in reality as you rejoin the GP circuit so you want to turn in later and get driving out the corner earlier than you’d expect, especially in the rain!

I see the issue here .... you can't see the black line when the track is wet :wideyed:

This is very realistic for Silverstone! My first ever real race was in the pouring rain on the National circuit. They were using a road sweeper between races to try and clear the standing water off the apexes of the Liffield complex, but after a couple of laps the white lines and kerbs were completely submerged and invisible :p

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ignore

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really there shouldn't be much discussion here. A strictly practical argument is that when the cones will be displaced there is no visible feature to show where the limit is. We really have no choice but to extend them

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
unless of course ip rated for the situation

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be able to race tonight. Work commitments. Our lockdown is starting to ease and the economy is starting up and the clients expect everything to be done yesterday.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I won't be able to race tonight. Work commitments. Our lockdown is starting to ease and the economy is starting up and the clients expect everything to be done yesterday.
Had a longer chat with @kobusnell, fully understandable. But glad that your economy is firing up again, this is also a good thing! Stay safe and see you next round :)

Squill

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, what time are we racing at? The calendar just says 17:00. No time zone.
Post automatically merged:

Never mind! Found it

Iceman07

Community Member
Reaction score
My internet crashed again :( (it did already on sunday befor the ACC race). I lost connection exacly after the Qualy, before the first race and again exactly before the second race. I don't know the reason but there seems to be a problem with my pc because the internet was still working with wifi on my phone :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread