Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 2: Silverstone (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 2: Silverstone
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, June 4, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Can somebody send me R2 replay file so I can find out who destroyed my start (or maybe it was just my extremely noobish driving) :)

I promise not to lift it to stewards because I was disconnected from the race later anyway. I'm just really curious ;)

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best racing I’ve ever had on PC2, some great battles. Felt good in this car in the wet. Two top ten finishes are my best ever results in PC2 league racing by far.

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Can somebody send me R2 replay file so I can find out who destroyed my start :)

I promise not to lift it to stewards because I was disconnected from the race later anyway. I'm just really curious ;)
Replay Race 2

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Qualifying - Oaft this was close initially losing to @CatchAGlimpse by 0.009s. My final attempt was going so well, I was 0.4s up prior to T5. The chicane was a bit of a disaster from my point of view, messy & I was unsure if I had cut the first chicane. If some one has the replay & can check for me I'd be grateful. If I did happy to take a time penalty or quali ban.
Sprint race - A very nervous start having both @Puffpirat & @CatchAGlimpse right behind me. Thankfully everyone was super chill & we had a clean battle up to T4. After this I settled into a pace I was happy with & kept going to the end. I think I only had 1 obvious mistake which let @miagi through into P2. Thankfully I had enough pace to keep P3 ahead of @Taorminator for my 2nd official RSR league podium. (My first was waaaaay back in the first league racing the BAC Mono, around Silverstone :cool:)
Feature Race - A good clean start in the mid field. Had to try avoid @xIbraGiox in T6 as he locked under braking trying to avoid someone in front of him. Unfortunately the contact with me spun him around so I waited off circuit for him to rejoin ahead of me.
After that it was a sweet ride to the finish. I will say some back markers sure didn't make it easy to lap haha. Happy to be able to fight back up to 4th position but battling with @CatchAGlimpse was too much fun, hope @Darksi enjoyed the view :D.

Amazing racing tonight, thanks as always & can not wait for the next round :pompous:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well race 1 was great had a fab battle with @JustG and i believe there was another an apology's i cant remember but G that was a mental battle swapping positions every lap lol great fight man had me sweating loads.

race 2 not so good lol i had been given the wrong tires but tried to go with it but it went horribly wrong so i pitted early and got fresh rubber and ended last so started the fight back and eventually ended in p9 nice come back and surprised my tires lasted all that way..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
We should be looking pretty handy in the team championship now @Jonno :cool:

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
After another disastrous race, being crashed on both races just as barcelona, this picture resumes the only great and fun thing od both races. Racing with @Pierre CREUSEVAULT. Thanks mate, this pictures are a great example of a great battle.
ss181139.jpg
ss182243.jpg
ss182457.jpg

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
After another disastrous race, being crashed on both races just as barcelona, this picture resumes the only great and fun thing od both races. Racing with @Pierre CREUSEVAULT. Thanks mate, this pictures are a great example of a great battle.View attachment 9122View attachment 9123View attachment 9124
Well at least you have some amazing pictures of the event, really beautiful.
I only had the disastrous races.
Quali went ok with an 8th place on the grid. Start race 1 went ok keeping position and moved to 7th in second lap. Car was rubbish ... or maybe it was me last night... after a few laps I lost pace and couldn't attack nor defend anymore. There also was a lag issue where I got hit in the back and lost about 7 positions.... Finished the race in 19th position.
Race 2 starting from 19th position, I had the luck some messed up in front of me and went off track. Highest position was 10 I think. Same as race 1 at some point I was no longer able to attack/defend. @Jonno was closing in and defending was useless, I tried to defend but not risking to destroy his car/race I let him go, my car was sliding all over the place. I couldn't close in to the car in front of me so when @Imthecrabby showed up behind me, I just moved aside so maybe he could have a nice battle with the car in front of me. Finished 12th.
2nd race 1st time I adjusted brake balance on the fly, bit difficult to find the rotation button with VR glasses on but will get used to it I'm sure.
Surely need to practise more in the rain. Also would like to know, from those who had good quali and good race pace, what the big differences/changes were between the dry and the wet setup.
See you all at COTA!
Ps: with a good setup, I'll aim at finishing inside the top 10

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

xIbraGiox

Community Member
Reaction score
Qualifying - Oaft this was close initially losing to @CatchAGlimpse by 0.009s. My final attempt was going so well, I was 0.4s up prior to T5. The chicane was a bit of a disaster from my point of view, messy & I was unsure if I had cut the first chicane. If some one has the replay & can check for me I'd be grateful. If I did happy to take a time penalty or quali ban.
Sprint race - A very nervous start having both @Puffpirat & @CatchAGlimpse right behind me. Thankfully everyone was super chill & we had a clean battle up to T4. After this I settled into a pace I was happy with & kept going to the end. I think I only had 1 obvious mistake which let @miagi through into P2. Thankfully I had enough pace to keep P3 ahead of @Taorminator for my 2nd official RSR league podium. (My first was waaaaay back in the first league racing the BAC Mono, around Silverstone :cool:)
Feature Race - A good clean start in the mid field. Had to try avoid @xIbraGiox in T6 as he locked under braking trying to avoid someone in front of him. Unfortunately the contact with me spun him around so I waited off circuit for him to rejoin ahead of me.
After that it was a sweet ride to the finish. I will say some back markers sure didn't make it easy to lap haha. Happy to be able to fight back up to 4th position but battling with @CatchAGlimpse was too much fun, hope @Darksi enjoyed the view :D.

Amazing racing tonight, thanks as always & can not wait for the next round :pompous:

Thank you FuBii, that you have waited off circuit. I have seen that. Lost more than 10 Positions i think, anyway good race and battles :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did notice yesterday a few people in the same livery as my team mate was bloody confusing at times ol.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well at least you have some amazing pictures of the event, really beautiful.
I only had the disastrous races.
Quali went ok with an 8th place on the grid. Start race 1 went ok keeping position and moved to 7th in second lap. Car was rubbish ... or maybe it was me last night... after a few laps I lost pace and couldn't attack nor defend anymore. There also was a lag issue where I got hit in the back and lost about 7 positions.... Finished the race in 19th position.
Race 2 starting from 19th position, I had the luck some messed up in front of me and went off track. Highest position was 10 I think. Same as race 1 at some point I was no longer able to attack/defend. @Jonno was closing in and defending was useless, I tried to defend but not risking to destroy his car/race I let him go, my car was sliding all over the place. I couldn't close in to the car in front of me so when @Imthecrabby showed up behind me, I just moved aside so maybe he could have a nice battle with the car in front of me. Finished 12th.
2nd race 1st time I adjusted brake balance on the fly, bit difficult to find the rotation button with VR glasses on but will get used to it I'm sure.
Surely need to practise more in the rain. Also would like to know, from those who had good quali and good race pace, what the big differences/changes were between the dry and the wet setup.
See you all at COTA!
Ps: with a good setup, I'll aim at finishing inside the top 10
Couldn't tell you my wet setup was undrivable in the dry ^^' couldn't do better than p8 I think. I could share you some return of experience about the wet setup, it worked quite well in R2

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you my wet setup was undrivable in the dry ^^' couldn't do better than p8 I think. I could share you some return of experience about the wet setup, it worked quite well in R2
Speak for yourself mate.. I nearly put it on pole :p:cool:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Speak for yourself mate.. I nearly put it on pole :p:cool:
the only difference between my wet & dry setups was the tyres, gear ratios, ducts, fuel & radiator.
I did try to make a specific wet setup, slightly raised ride height(8mm), softer springs all round(2 clicks), a small touch of downforce(1) etc but found i was much slower over the course of a race run

Users who are viewing this thread