Assetto Corsa Round 1: Zolder (2 Viewers)

Round 1: Zolder
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 7, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 7, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry @t0daY I didn't note the error message. The links work for me now. I can try again and see if it fails. I have been having some browser issues since the last Firefox update.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I already have everything on low/off, no SS etc So it’s already the best it can achieve, it’s just unfortunate you can’t limit the number of cars (Visually) like in iRacing/Raceroom/ACC.
Do you have AC apps on your screen when driving? If yes I would suggest to turn them off (especially standings and realtime app) as they can eat up to 10-15 fps.
Other than that there's only option, swallow the bitter pill and go for a 1080/1080ti :-/

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
Do you have AC apps on your screen when driving? If yes I would suggest to turn them off (especially standings and realtime app) as they can eat up to 10-15 fps.
Other than that there's only option, swallow the bitter pill and go for a 1080/1080ti :-/

Already have a 1080, and I only have helicorsa.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No problems in the rift but with a 1080ti. Echo are you on rift or vive? Because SteamVR has automatic SS and it’s iirc 150% for the 1080, 200% for the 1080ti.

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
I use the Rift and AC doesn’t use Steam VR? It uses Oculus I thought.
I could handle the 32 or so at Mugello, just about, 45 with few freezes etc, not ideal, but the increase to 38 with no testing, pretty much guarantee I won’t be able to race.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Already have a 1080, and I only have helicorsa.
Wow, sorry to say it like that, but I think something is wrong at your end...
I didn't had any issue at Mugello at all, not at the start, not being between the front runners in the first half of a lap or after I spun chasing the field.
I have a 1080 Ti and I know it is around 30% faster than a 1080, but I can race with more than 30 drivers with 45 fps and ASW on pretty high settings (PP on, 4x AA, 16xAF, High Quality Mirrors 1,5 PPD, etc.). I dont think this is just the difference of a 1080 and a 1080 Ti...
Maybe try to join a pretty populated online server (offline AI racing isn't a good example because of the high CPU load) and check what is bottlenecking your system (MSI Afterburner has good analysis plots)... maybe your GPU or CPU is damaged or something like that :-/
Also you could try to OC your GPU with MSI Afterburner. Just set the power and the voltage limit to the maximum percentage, race a little bit and see if your GPU temperatures stay in their limits. By just increasing the power limit you can gain a lot of performance GPU wise.

Cheers,
Exited

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Could we increase the grip on the server? Feels a bit pointless to pratice at 94 - 95% if the Quali will be at 97%.

Edit: hmm in the next session it was 96%. What's going on?

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
How many people are eligible to race? Do reserves have to declare themselves available before each race? Am I a reserve or am I eligible to race?
Some clarifications pls.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm available as well! Finally!

However i can't download any of the files.

Regards

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Did you guys updated to the V13 version of cars and V2 version of track pack on the server? I get "checksum" failed" error.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Did you guys updated to the V13 version of cars and V2 version of track pack on the server? I get "checksum" failed" error.
we are aware, we should release a new car pack later today/tomorrow.
sorry for any inconvenience
Post automatically merged:

Regards
You need to sign up in order to race, and unfortunately the signups are closed for this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to say it like that, but I think something is wrong at your end...
I didn't had any issue at Mugello at all, not at the start, not being between the front runners in the first half of a lap or after I spun chasing the field.
I have a 1080 Ti and I know it is around 30% faster than a 1080, but I can race with more than 30 drivers with 45 fps and ASW on pretty high settings (PP on, 4x AA, 16xAF, High Quality Mirrors 1,5 PPD, etc.). I dont think this is just the difference of a 1080 and a 1080 Ti...
Maybe try to join a pretty populated online server (offline AI racing isn't a good example because of the high CPU load) and check what is bottlenecking your system (MSI Afterburner has good analysis plots)... maybe your GPU or CPU is damaged or something like that :-/
Also you could try to OC your GPU with MSI Afterburner. Just set the power and the voltage limit to the maximum percentage, race a little bit and see if your GPU temperatures stay in their limits. By just increasing the power limit you can gain a lot of performance GPU wise.

Cheers,
Exited

No I hardly think that its my PC, all other sims run fine, even AC with a resonable 30 cars is fine, I ran in a Raceroom league with 38 cars but obviously I can set the amount of visable cars to render, this isnt possible with AC, and you guys have to mod the tracks to make it phyisically possible to have that amount of cars, AC wasn't designed for that amount.
No way of testing that amount of cars on track, no lobby has that, only when the league starts, and with no testing I can imagen things wont go smoothly.
Lower the frames in VR like 45 for example, starts to cause nausea which isn't ideal.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Regards

Hello Angel aka Checamon for those who might know him ;)

Will need a talk with @Noztra and @Ricardo Macieira but maybe we could make an exception here. But probably after Zolder.

Stay tuned :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

GinchaA

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys I wont be able to attend to the first round tomorrow, I will have to work late tomorrow, Sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread