Assetto Corsa Round 1: Zolder (1 Viewer)

Round 1: Zolder
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 7, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 7, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies to anyone I took out in the first corner..I locked up and spun...

I felt really bad about it and my head just wasn't in it anymore after that...

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Enjoyed that, despite messing up qualifying and starting 3rd from last. Managed to stay calm and keep out of trouble and finished in 16th. Was chased down hard by @Stokemon for quite a few laps. You also slowed down when you didn't have too when I was avoiding a couple of spinners. You didn't have too, good sportsmanship :) I took on too much fuel and you beat me in the pits. Also had a short battle (well, I mean trying not to get passed!) with @Jamesl91 Good pass into the chicane.

See you at the next round.

Firstly, I never want to take a place off someone like that. Hence lifting.

Secondly, you took the right amount of fuel, I was 3 litres short and ended my race silently in the gravel with none left.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Secondly, you took the right amount of fuel, I was 3 litres short and ended my race silently in the gravel with none left.

I wouldn't have blamed you for taking advantage at all. That's a shame you ran out

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I took 60+30 litres, but towards the end saw it won't be enough. Wen't for a splash (10l) 10 minutes to go, but again almost ran out. Had only 1l left at the end. :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

noooo stokemon noooooo lol... bants man bants lol

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Overall:
I am very happy with what happened at this race. The PLP app was working very well, apart from the start I didn't notice anyone lagging, I had a constant 100FPS (I have it capped), the car felt good and they look great in our liveries. :woot:
In my opinion the changes (rules, apps, set-up...) that have been made during pre-season (including the latest ones) have all worked well in finding that sweet spot and balancing out the variety in 38 humans (which is an impossible task).
Regarding the talking points at the end I do have the advantage of being part of the last season in "That other league ;)" that Noztra and the others ran and although I can understand some of the points being made and learnt the hard way on some of them. Believe me when I say that once people's understanding of how Assetto Corsa works (inc. the apps), how to use the replay system and the fairness of the Stewards (I have used them a few times :eek:) Most of the talking points can be addressed after the race to a "Fair as possible" solution.

Great work to everyone involved in making this happen, I am very happy here and love where this is going. Great start and I can only see it getting better with your dedication and passion.

Race summary:
Q:22 - Slow and steady I would call my lap, on this track the slightest missed braking point spells disaster so went for the safe option, Would like to be faster but happy with it.

R:27 - Although lower than qualifying position I was happy with my race as a whole and was only really defined by two incidents where the 1st I forgot to change my brake bias which resulted in me spinning out at the 1st chicane and taking over 30s to get back on track :banghead: (I'm such a NOOB). The second was me pushing too hard an loosing it at the same chicane. I didn't tangle with anyone, I avoided a number of incidents and when I was racing with people around me I felt I had good pace and am very much looking forward to the next race. That was a tough track for me due to the heavy braking zones (something I really need to work on) but really enjoyed it.

See you all next week :).

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
first of all ultimate job from RSR stuffs.Big thanks to all joined friends.
congratz to all podium drivers especially @Puffpirat i think he has next level of driving abilities.

qualify: i think i took 25 th place not a good result but i can manage to up during the race.
race:
my strategy was 1 pit stop and took 55lt fuel.and it gives me a idea for next races :) i changed my top gear :)to 233 km.
i had nice batle especially with @Mr AlcoN,@Stokemon @miagi @cheekymunkey78 .i really enjoyed racing with you guys.i had battle especially @Mr AlcoN until to pit stop.:)
i had a pit stop at the same time with @Mr AlcoN .what a pit stop.i missed stopping the car on red square:) and lost time also taking fuel and fix damages:).
i think i was 7th places.
after the pit i was 14 th places.and car was unstable i remember i had changed my tyre pressures.it was bad idea.i lost times everylaps until to last lap.i think @Stokemon had fuel problem?i passed him i was 13th place but @miagi was coming to fast.and finally he passed me at the sector1 chiqane.good pasing mate.:cool:and i finished 14th place.
finally,
i really enjoyed racing with you guys .and i m really happy in RSR.
i hope everybody has good races from next rounds.
thanks and cya next track guys.

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

My full stream. Caution NSFW language used. Particularly after running out of fuel.

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
From now on im just going to use a full tank of fuel. So tired of this game's fuel estimations screwing me over. Had 101L fuel which it said was fine for 40 laps.

LAST LAP I HAD TO PIT COZ 0L. Thanks AC <3

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From now on im just going to use a full tank of fuel. So tired of this game's fuel estimations screwing me over. Had 101L fuel which it said was fine for 40 laps.

will teach you to believe the game and not check it :D :D

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
For those of struggling with fuel capacity i am using this very usefull app whos missing on the play store but can be find on google : https://github.com/amocarski/FuelManager/releases/tag/0.2
SmartSelect_20190108-011733_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20190108-011800_FuelManager.jpg

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, it is been 1 year and 1 month since my last league race and going into this race, I expected just to have some fun battles hopefully in mid/backfield.

I took quali lap too cautious, so It wasn't great time, but around 15th place. That will do.

Start was OK, there was some spins, I avoided all cars and found myself sitting 8th already after 1st lap. Thank you very much. Then I had preety nice battle with somebody that I can't remember sadly as he used his real name I guess. I passed him after some laps and was really trying to close the gap to @Jeff[NL] in fron in 5th. There was a lot of backmarkers so I wasn't bored at any point of the race. All backmarkers let me by really nicely so thanks for that.

After I pitted, I found myself right behind @Jeff[NL] @Alex Salmon and @Duppy. I think @Alex Salmon overtook both of them and got a gap, but us three, we had a fight. Great fight, running really close together for most of the time. We passed each other several times, there were some really close and hard battles, but it didn't end up in tears. One time, we were running 3 abreast into the 1st chicane, I was on the outside, so I backed out of it and lost touch with the two. In last lap I closed them down but we finished close to each other.

Really great racing, I guess I need to look on the replay :)

The car felt fantastic, and I am really looking forward to the season.

And if you are locking your wheels, then use ABS

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I had 115l in the tank in total and I had like 4l left at the finish line, was pretty accurate for me as I was going for 40l. You have to be careful, when you do a lot of outlaps in practice or so the fuel calculation will be screwed over when you don't push hard on the outlap.
I use a app which also calculates the fuel used per lap on a average and also shows you an comparison between this average and your current lap. So I always know if I'm driving very fuel intensive or not. App is called fuel usage if I remember correctly :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
About the fuel.... If you do only 2 or 3 laps everytime or cancel your lap or not using the gas normal in a lap the game just calculates what is used. So. Do a good few laps on your pace and then look how much fuel you need. In total I used around 104L had 1.5lap left in tank. 62l and 42l. Stints

Anyway. Was a really good race! Good fights with @Mazy CZ smart fair clean thank you ( sorry about my mistake squeezing bit second last corner) and @Duppy strong defending very on the edge btw and A short one with @Alex Salmon which looked like a dive bomb in chicane (impossible place imo) obviously hitting each other.
Also I would like to mention the backmarkers which 90% of the time were prepared and acted quick thanks guys!

After about 40min my VR set causing me some head pains of pressure I was fiddling around while driving else I couldn't make it that was a bit distracting not optimal.

Overall view of the race from my perspective very good. Many drivers were surprised in grip level first corner. Check the app and adjust your driving.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Practice: Who care about practice. :p

Qualify: Was very cautious on my quali lap, especially in the two chicanes but somehow ended up P9 on the grid. Went to out to take a pis, and came back with 20 secs left to start, so caught it pretty close.

Race: Well both good and bad. :) In the start i gave @Exited a love tap into T1, and I went a little wide, but luckily nothing major happened. Then unfortunately into the first chicane @Pwox hit the rear of my car and I ended up getting stuck it the concrete bollards. Had some big damage to the front of the car and had to wait for everyone to pas, which was the end of my race. When everyone had passed I tried to reverse back on the grid, but apparently @JetPistol have had some kind of accident earlier, so I reversed into him. Sorry for that. And thanks to @Pwox for wating even though it costed him 30 places. Really good sportsmanship. :) After the accident I went into the pit and refueled and changed tires and went out on the track again. Was pretty alone for most of the race and my tires was completed completely gone after the race and the car was sliding around, but i managed to climb my way back to P19 because of other people's mistakes and penalties. :)

So pretty sad about the first lap (Shit happens, so no fuzz about it) but a pretty decent recovery drive and a decent quali which netted me P19 in the first race. :)

Salzburgring here we come!
Post automatically merged:

Bad race for me, again i sincerely apologise to @Noztra my tyres blocked and i couldn't do anything.. I made mistakes on mistakes...

Also, i had to do a drive through penalty like it was shown on my screen, but apparently it was a stop and go penalty as i leaved the pit i still had the penalty over my head, weird...

Shit happens and I know you are not that kind of a driver, so no fuzz about mate. :)

I dont think there is stop-and-go penalties in AC? Only drive trough.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the great racing everyone, really enjoyed the race (very high levels of stress though).

Where did all that pace come from? :)

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am glad that many people enjoyed first official race in Assetto Corsa league, but for me it was disaster. And it is my "fault" completely. Last month I just played iRacing, nothing else, and it caught me so good that I am super exited when it comes to my time in the day (about 22-23h CET) that I din't do anything else just iRacing until 1-2AM CET every night ( I was on Christmas vacation :) ) I know Zolder very good, and I thought that I don't need practice in Assetto Corsa and everything will be fine.

And in practice session before race did very well, managed to go 1:26 high what was ok to me, but I didn't feel the car at all. After iRacing, where I can feel everything (specially back end) here I just lost it (not to talk about Project cars where now I just literally sliding around the track - Toyota Rocket Bunny).

First problem for me was two days ago where plastic gear on gas pedal potentiometer went off (few "tooth" broke) (I have CLS Elite pedals LC) and I switched clutch pedal to gas pedal, and now clutch don't go ingame to 100% press, but just about 80% (can not calibrate it). In Assetto Corsa I used to go with clutch for start and last night, at the start of the race, I pressed clutch, 1st gear at red lights, car went on it's own for a meter - I got penalty.... :mad: When I realized that, I went to neutral gear, but then green lights turned on, shifted to 1st gear without gas applied, and car started to move like bicycle (I apologize to people who was behind me in grid).....

I thought OK... here we go... but just until first corner when somebody spinned in front of me and hit me so I ended up in fence. :mad::mad::mad:

I didn't wanted to quit, even after drive-through penalty, so I just cruise on the track for rest of 1 hour race just to practice for next event. After all I am in my time of the day to play around.

I apologize to my teammate @Nada that didn't gain any points for team, but I promise, next time will be totally different.

Also I had problem with FPS in game, it was constantly 45 in ASW and felt so bad. So after race, I searched for best graphic settings and I think I found solution even with 1.5 SS/4x MSAA/16xAnisoptric - I couldn't test with 38 cars because of CPU, but with 15 cars it was locked 90.

I did about half hour practice for Salzburgring and I feel good about that track. But in VR it was so dark, that I couldn't see track fine. Read a bit about that problem and solution is to install Natural mode - now it is OK.

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
My replay of quali and race

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also I had problem with FPS in game, it was constantly 45 in ASW and felt so bad. So after race, I searched for best graphic settings and I think I found solution even with 1.5 SS/4x MSAA/16xAnisoptric - I couldn't test with 38 cars because of CPU, but with 15 cars it was locked 90.

I did about half hour practice for Salzburgring and I feel good about that track. But in VR it was so dark, that I couldn't see track fine. Read a bit about that problem and solution is to install Natural mode - now it is OK.

When in practice i noticed the FPS was pretty bad also with my Rift. So i changed my SS to 1.0 just to be sure but it was actually not looking very good. FPS was 45 all the time but it looked just like shit. I hope it was a Zolder thing looked like the mod of this track was not optimized for VR. Next race i will try more SS again to see what happens or maybe we can arrange a testrace/practice with 20 cars or so ?

Users who are viewing this thread