Assetto Corsa Round 3: Tor Poznan (1 Viewer)

Round 3: Tor Poznan
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
pit window opens 1 min after start of tge race(during lap 1)

Duppy

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't race. Got to much school work to do :(

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
Sry. Wont be able to race tonight. I Will need to put some extra hours at work.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
and nobody knew that way before...

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
What an amazing competitive race! Thx everyone for doing such intense racing. Especially @Mr AlcoN that was an really intense but fair racing. Thx for that!

The only thing I can complain about is, that if you're in the midfield of the grid there is a high propability that you have to leave the track sometimes. To not get rid of PLP I would suggest to increase the amound of warnings at least to 6 or even more. I stopped fighting @miagi because of that which reduced the intensitivity of the racing experience :).

But to say that clearly, thx RSR for providing us such a great league!

[e] oh damn this was so intense (without helicorsa it would be even harder)

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well at least I was only 1 lap down in the end....

Overall I enjoyed the racing again. I had some nice little battles, but lost out in all of them. I am too soft when it comes to defending in this game. For example, @t0daY I was prepared to have you go through on the inside so gave you too much room in the end. I could possibly have been a bit harder in defending but I didn't want to cause any contact.

I was chasing down @CrisBCros near the end after being passed by him and @Alex Salmon.

Regarding the PLP, I know it is frustrating in certain scenarios. Does everyone know how it works? The coloured box changes, depending on your speed when you are 'commiting your crime'. If it stays red, you're going too fast to rejoin. So, you can escape your penalty if you are careful enough.

Oh and congrats @Exited for the win, and for my teammate @Mazy CZ for a great 3rd place!

See you guys next week.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
will there be a seperate thread regarding PLP topic or can I write about it here?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Race Rundown:

Practice(Briefing): :D:D:D really enjoyed hearing my name mentioned multiple times being on the receiving end of so many incidents last week (made me laugh). :D:D:D

Q: >P30 - 1st half of lap was okay but I lost control in the 2nd half, cut the track so abandoned back to the pits. :rolleyes:

R: P27 - arguably the worst position, I seem to learn a new thing every race and this week was Tyre management. I had no pace in the 1st stint and realised I could not get any heat in my tyres as I had too low pressures, I was sliding all over the place and lost it a few times. During the pit I changed my pressures by adding only 1psi to each tyre and I could drive again. Interesting thing with all this (and I know you more experienced guys will know this) is - you can not take it easy, if you do you loose temps and spiral down from there.

So far this season I have learnt:
1.Clutch control + Gear change without clutch
2.Hard Braking
3.Livery design
4.Tyre management
5. @t0daY is the dirtiest driver :wacky:;):D
6.I suck but won't stop trying

See you all at the next race.

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
My greatest quali (P11) despite Mugello, but i guess this doesn't count :'(

Good start for me at race but made some little mistakes and i had to serve a drive through...

Although, concerning PLP App, imo i really don't think its a big deal. If you signed up to this league it's because you agree with the terms of the leagues, and discussed the league rules and format because you had to serve a drive through is pretty sad considering the amount of work this league need. I'm allowing myself to say this because i also had to serve a drive through when the 4th warning was unfair (lost the rear, managed to saved it, lost time but cut the inside curb..)
I know some people fight for the top 5 but in that case be more carefull, finding the limit and be competitive is also managing the track limits with PLP App in mind. The limits may be harsh, but i think it is pretty fair and if you got 3 warnings before, its because you spun too much and then didn't practice enough, or because you are not respecting the limits of the track.

Anyway, had one major battle with @Microlander but it was just trying to keep his pace.

Congrats to my mate @Snouffy for his first DTM race it was pretty hard for him but he really enjoyed it and found everyone very fair and competitive. 1548108682889.png

Cheers guys and see you next week!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats to my mate @Snouffy for his first DTM race it was pretty hard for him but he really enjoyed it and found everyone very fair and competitive.

Had a contact with @Jomba which unsettled my car and I hit @Snouffy :( :(

Felt really bad, first race and get taken out by a stupid coincidence... Waited for you buddy, hope the rest of the race was good! @Snouffy

GinchaA

Community Member
Reaction score
The start of the race was brilliant,the cleanest I have expierenced,I gained some positions at the start and then I was making a mistake after the mistake and my car was bouncing all over the place. I havent had enough practice and didnt practice with the tires at all and I worn them out very quicly. As I was doing more laps I kept on making mistakes and spinning out wheres I gave up sorry about my performance today

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
that's 2 races in a row now that I've actually felt I was part of the race.....at least initially for this one. Apologies to @Vernux for nudging you off track coming onto the start fin straight. There was a car across the track and had to make a quick move* to come across to avoid it. Thought I could get in behind the Hoonigan car and follow it through but clipped you. I managed to do a complete 360 on the grass and carry on all be it in last place.
Came in to do a Drive Thru but forgot and stopped in the pitbox by mistake...then had to pit again the following lap to do the DT..
The pace gap wasn't as big as I'd anticipated. during practice I was only doing 1.25's...did my fastest lap on the last lap (following someone)..1.22.6

*i was going to write 'manoeuvre' but couldn't spell it, when i looked it up it says "series of moves requiring skill and care" - and that didn't really fit!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I stopped fighting @miagi because of that which reduced the intensitivity of the racing experience :).
So basically you are trying to say "@miagi tricked me into a mistake in a fair manner, to prevent me from getting on his nerves." :cool:

Just kidding, on a serious note, it was an awesome layout, not easy to overtake but lots of fun to drive. Really cool idea to race here and great organization. Also exceptionally good first turn(s), very well done guys!

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Blast of a race.

Really didn't expect that. In practice, it looked I am in midfield with my 1:22's race pace while some were doing low 21's or even high 20's. The Qualy went really well and I could manage mid 1:21's which was only 0,3s off the pole in the end and the field looked on the same pace again. So P7 on the grid was really nice for me.

The start was good. I sticked right behind @miagi and we all navigated through first few turns. I think I gained some places and I was following @miagi. I had the simmilar pace and could keep up which was a suprice as the car felt fantastic out of the box. I was really confident. @David Siska was in front of @miagi, then it was me and behind @JetPistol and @Jeff[NL] . We were together for some laps but then I lost a little bit, I was divebombed by @Jeff[NL] as I went on the brakes into T2 a bit early so I scared him but he went to the inside nad passed me. @JetPistol wanted to sneak aswell but there was still place for me. After that, as it was already 25mins into the race, it was too intense and could end up in some incident, I decided to go into the pits. I left just around 10th and was trying to push. I saw purple time after few laps on my name so that was good. Somebody exiting pits, and it is @Jeff[NL] and from this moment I dont really remember much. We were just on the same place at the same time, taking tenths out of each other. I was in front for majority of time, but then I lost a bit of speed in last turn so he could close me up. I went to cover the inside, but then I noticed some backmarker exiting pits and going on the inside line, so I braked just to be safe and @Jeff[NL] took my place. So I was following him closely like 10 laps to go. But there was nothing I could do. It was just "in the zone" moment for both of us I believe. 2 laps to go I saw @CrisBCros rejoining and @Jeff[NL] managed to sneak by, but I was hold up. Quite badly, so it was frustrating, but in the end, it didn't change much. He said sorry after the race so no problem.

Really happy with the race, this car is just fantastic to drive for me and I hope @Jeff[NL] we can meet on the track again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread