Assetto Corsa Round 3: Tor Poznan (1 Viewer)

Round 3: Tor Poznan
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Lessions learnt from this is that 0 practice = You are f*cked. :p

Did 0 practice for htis race, due to lack off time. So first time I drove some laps on this track was after driving briefing, which really wasn't enough.

Qualify was really bad and probably shouldn't have changed ARB settings right up to quali. Think i qualified P22-P23, which was pretty bad.

In the actually race I did a lot better and was very cautious in the start, which mostly everyone else, which was very good to see. :)

I tried to do a long first stint and before pitting if was up to P8, and came out P17-P18 and chased down @Jomba. Finished P15 after some good battles with particular @Dangerous Gianetta, @Mr AlcoN, @Microlander, @steveg200

Really looking forward to Hungaroring and probably have to do some practice for this one. :)

Like always some negative stuff.

People who know me and race with me over the years, know that I normally don't call out out people on the forum, but this time I feel like its justified.

@Alex Salmon I know what happened you sucked, and I get it.
I know that you had bad day, and I get it.

The job sucks, the wife left you, the dog ran away and car broke down. I get it, we all been there. But that's life, so grow up and deal with it. If you had a bad day at work and don't feel like racing, then sit out.

Whats you did last night was not fair towards, @t0daY, @Ricardo Macieira and myself who spend hours making sure that you have a place to race. I know all of us had pretty thick skin, so we will manage.
But I find it incredible disrespectful against your follow RSR members / drivers. People come here to race and have fun. To get away from their everyday problems and have a fun evening, and not listening to a kid moaning about an unfair penalty. What you did pretty much did was kill all the positive, good, fun, cool vibe that 30 or so people had after a race, which I think was actually pretty good. I was a very selfish act and imo you own the rest of the drivers an apology.

People might dislike this post, but just my opinion, because I was actually pretty annoyed last night about this.

Cya all at Hungaroring.

/Noz

Last edited:

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
So basically you are trying to say "@miagi tricked me into a mistake in a fair manner, to prevent me from getting on his nerves." :cool:

Exactly. It was right on the edge but that makes it so intense and fun :cool:

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Has anyone Got a replay file that they could post please? I can't see the full replay again :(

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I will have it, but can't post it at the mo. Will post it later unless somebody else can do so in the meantime.

If you use Content Manager you can increase the amount of time you want to record for and it varies depending on quality level & no of cars in race so for 38 cars I set it to record for about 3hrs to get a 1hr race in. (don't know if you can do this in std game - never played it)

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Has anyone Got a replay file that they could post please? I can't see the full replay again :(
They are providing replay + stats of the race when the standing is updated all the time.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Will be uploaded tonight. Had no more time yesterday. Can be found in the download section.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
I will have it, but can't post it at the mo. Will post it later unless somebody else can do so in the meantime.

If you use Content Manager you can increase the amount of time you want to record for and it varies depending on quality level & no of cars in race so for 38 cars I set it to record for about 3hrs to get a 1hr race in. (don't know if you can do this in std game - never played it)
Yeah I still need to work out that bit, I thought I had changed it but it still isn't giving me the entire race so need to double check. Thanks

Will be uploaded tonight. Had no more time yesterday. Can be found in the download section.
No worries, Thank you!

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
What a race that was! Such fun to race you guys and just love the close and fair racing! Am actually proud to race with you all cuz even though i make your life hard you still keep your head cool and search different approaches when the fist, second or what ever attempt didnt work. Is has happened so many times (in other leagues, other communitys, wont name it by name "A(cough)R" :p ) that at the end ive finally got pushed out by frustrating drivers when the overtake becomes difficult, but not by you guys, kudos to you for that! :)

Regarding PLP: its the same for all, learn how it works, adapt your driving.

Here is my stream from last night! Hope you will enjoy it as much as i did.

See you in two weeks! Happy Hollidays all! :snaphappy: :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race that was! Such fun to race you guys and just love the close and fair racing! Am actually proud to race with you all cuz even though i make your life hard you still keep your head cool and search different approaches when the fist, second or what ever attempt didnt work. Is has happened so many times (in other leagues, other communitys, wont name it by name "A(cough)R" :p ) that at the end ive finally got pushed out by frustrating drivers when the overtake becomes difficult, but not by you guys, kudos to you for that! :)

Regarding PLP: its the same for all, learn how it works, adapt your driving.

Here is my stream from last night! Hope you will enjoy it as much as i did.

See you in two weeks! Happy Hollidays all! :snaphappy: :D

Next time we are fighting again ;)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
fight.jpg

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow what a fanastic night for me!
I do really love Tor Poznan since I drove it the first time maybe 2 years ago. This track has such a nice flow after the left handed hairpin (T2), the back part with the sweeping left to right hander followed by the fast left hander is really amazing, especially in a car with a little bit of aero!
But even though the track is one of my favorites, I had a hard time while practicing because I was constantly losing the rear end in T1 and wasn't able to get in 21 or even 22. But yesterday it just clicked in the practice after drivers briefing and suddenly I was able to get into high 20 (minor setup change included) :)

Qualy was quite good, didn't get a clean lap but was still on P2 which I was really happy with.

Didn't get a really good start and lost P2 to @Alex Salmon before T1, but that was alright for me. Settled into P3 and tried to find my rythm, because I knew how easy it is to make an error on this track in this car. @JetPistol and @Alex Salmon did me the favor and took themselves out in L3 or so and I knew this was my chance. Nevertheless a shame, could have been an awesome three way fight for the win as we had pretty much the same speed in the first couple of laps. Kept my head down and constantly fired in mid 21 as the car felt more and more amazing. Extended my first stint a little bit to not get into traffic by people who do a really long first stint. Lost a little bit my concentration in the second stint and went off track really stupidly three times which gave me one warning and 10 seconds time loss because I stayed so long on the grass and wait for the PLP to turn green again :)

Really happy with that win and I hope I can continue that in the 2nd part of the season. Good points for the team championship aswell!

See you in two weeks!

Cheers,
exited

Last edited:

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After a long break from an AC league, I'm slowly getting back the rhythm. My races are getting better and better.
I couldn't do much practice because I had prepared for the 24 hours of Daytona last week. I couldn't believe that I can do a proper race, but I quickly found the speed.
In the first part of the race @miagi , @Mazy CZ , @JetPistol and @Jeff[NL] kept me under pressure therefore I was struggling to improve my laptimes. But I successfully defended against miagi's attacks. After halfway through the race they went to the pits, so I could find my pace without being disturbed by anyone.
Then I made a silly error again, but it wasn't so bad this time as in Salzburgring.
20190122185516_1.jpg
I drove into the pits above speed limit. :banghead:
After my regular pit stop I was in 2nd place, so maybe I threw away another podium finish.
But because of drive throughs and driver errors from others, I found myself in 5th place.
@Puffpirat was within reach due to my fresh tires, so I started to hunt him down. After some laps I finally reached him, and with a brilliant overtake I found myself in 4th place. (I hope it wasn't dangerous) Which is another great position for me in the championship.

Thank you for the great racing!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread