Project CARS 2 RSR Dirt Rally League - Season 1 - Finished (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
H-Shifter at Ouninpouhja is sometimes a bit crazy to handle :D
But good thing we are using more modern cars for Finland, they don't start bouncing around after big jumps like the older cars do

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still no times set? :D How many trees/cars already got killed? :D
I am going to set some times tomorrow after i get home from university, can't wait for the highspeed madness in the woods :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't have time. I hope tonight I'll do some tree hunting :)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats why i love rally Finland
And for all who are wondering where i got that nice Sebastien Loeb skin from
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilt...tien-loeb-2010-citroën-c4-wrc-rally-car.7816/
20171130231454_1.jpg

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
After first half of Finland rally we are very close @The Wayfaerer :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Just put in my time, unfortunately I don't quite have the time I would like to try again and improve. I had a few "incidents" which left me with engine damage and down on power for almost half the rally. :(

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i had a pretty clean run except for a few brushes and i even i had lots of engine damage after the halfway point because the big jumps are damaging the radiators too much

EDIT: the last 2 stages weren't that clean anymore, lost 30 secs each because of punctures and a reset penalty.

Last edited:

TwistedNav

Community Member
Reaction score
It really is attritional, this one. I wonder if I might have made it too difficult not being able to restart stages. What do people think? And about the service area intervals? Wales is set to 4 stages between services. I suspect I might want to change that.
Comments welcome.
I'd like the series to be challenging but not completely unmanageable.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i think we should set the services to after every second stage, this makes mistakes not so costly and it is no fun if you lose 30 secs or what on every stage although you were pushing like hell because of damage
i don't mind if we allow stage restarts. No stage restarts make it more authentic but for people with not so much experience in Rallying i think stage restarts would be a good idea

TwistedNav

Community Member
Reaction score
Appreciate your thoughts Wayfaerer, thank you. I'll adjust the Wales settings accordingly. The last thing I want is for people to feel discouraged.

Edit: So, I can't edit the next event which means I'm afraid that we are indeed faced with 4 stages between service areas for Wales. I suppose one option would be to cancel this season and create another with stage restarts and 2 stages between service areas. If enough drivers say yes, that is what I'll do.

Last edited:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im happy to try and continue for the rest of this, and just keep it in mind for the next one, I really do hope there are more of these coming,

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I will participate once I have built my seq-shifter. I always mess up the shifting with the wheel-fixed pedals when going through tight turns/hairpins.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is really hard to drive when you have 3 stages between service area, specially in Finland because of all jumps, but for now let's leave it this way until the end of season.

I think that best way to have rally championship is to drive without stage restart possibility, because if you enable that you just have grind all over again, and this way you need to be more careful and focused. In my opinion event restart is enough.

Here is video of my driving last stage. I don't record Dirt Rally anymore because off camera view in Oculus Rift mirror view.

Suggestion for next season because of guys that are not that much experienced in Dirt Rally and still wants to participate:
  • 8 stages in event - easier to do event restart if somebody do critical failure
  • Every 2 stages service area
  • Car selection that is easier to drive - like R4, 2000, 2010, Group A, F2 Kit Car
  • 5 day Event without 1 day break between evets is nice timing for everyone to have time to practice and drive Event, and still for reasonable quick season endind
  • 5 Events per season

Last edited:

TwistedNav

Community Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback, thank you.
Your suggestions are good ones, thank you. I'd say the only thing I don't entirely agree with is 5 days per event. I'd say that with drivers' other racing commitments it's a hard ask to give people just 5 days. A week is fair, I'd say, although I'm open to change that if there is more support for the idea of 5 days per event.

In this rally event I hit 3 mailboxes, 3 park cars, a house and all the trees.

Have to say, big respect to you Superman for not giving up. You're an example to us all!

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
One stage to go with a wrecked suspension and wheels. Landing the jumps are really difficult and the rain is there to make the trip through the stage extremely challenging. I think it's going to be a limp to the finish line. But it is such an enjoyable event. Many thanks Twisted for organizing and trying to make it better.
I have also noticed that after playing in Dirt Rally your Pcars 2 control seems to get better - must be the transition from rough to smooth!! lol

TwistedNav

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ranj! It will be interesting to see how enthusiastic you are after Wales:p I think I really did make that one a little too challenging. I did want it to reflect the challenge of real rallying though, where car conservation is as much an issue as speed.

I have absolutely no doubt that racing on gravel, snow, ice and so on helps improve your car control on tarmac.

The best bike racers often seem to come from a dirt background - Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden (RIP) are prime examples!

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I think there's something wrong with the setup of the Wales event? There's 5 available classes to choose from (Group B, Group A, R4, 2000s & 2010s and I think it's set to 'player vehicles' or whatever it's called as they need to be bought with the in-game credits so I can't afford any of them as I haven't played the career yet on this fresh install.

Users who are viewing this thread