Reaction score
Upgrade :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat took you long enough. :)
Post automatically merged:

@Puffpirat let me know what you think of them. Switching over from the v3’s you had.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hope to be faster from now on :)

Hi Damir, long time no see.
I'm planning to upgrade my pedals and replace my Logitech pedal set wit Fanatec CSL Elite LC.

Did it make you any faster and what are the overall improvements I can expect?

My thoughts:
- I will be slower first because i need to adapt to the new pedal set
- LC will improve consistency (less spins) because of muscle memory and better feedback, easier to brake same way each lap (with Logitech not much feel, needs a lot of mental concentration)
- More consistency will give me more time to focus on details like brake markers, track details, et cetera
- eventually will go faster with new pedals

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi @The Breeze

Definitely I think that pedals are most important part in sim racing. Yes, I got faster with these CSL Elite LC. Adventages are in better felling of throttle and ofc was better tail braking with LC brake kit. These Elite LC's are I think, best pedals when you watch price/quality ratio. Very though, and durable, except little potentiometer with plastic gears on it :) They easily wear in a year of using, but good thing is that you can replace them in warranty time for free, or pay 10€ after.

Tottaly woth-a-buy pedals.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi @The Breeze

Definitely I think that pedals are most important part in sim racing. Yes, I got faster with these CSL Elite LC. Adventages are in better felling of throttle and ofc was better tail braking with LC brake kit. These Elite LC's are I think, best pedals when you watch price/quality ratio. Very though, and durable, except little potentiometer with plastic gears on it :) They easily wear in a year of using, but good thing is that you can replace them in warranty time for free, or pay 10€ after.

Tottaly woth-a-buy pedals.
Thanks! Will get them before the end of this year! Was working already on the mental part regarding consistency, got me a new book to read, but these pedals seem to be a great step forward too!

Book -> LINK

Agree with the 'Elevate your Game' part ... not sure about 'Avoid Burnout' ... burnouts are great fun :happy:

Now I'm outta here ... being way off 'show off your rigs' topic

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Looking at Max Verstappen's rig.... I definitely need that Dyson fan with humidifier :p

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Santa came early this year!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have been looking to sell my original one to upgrade, did you have a VR before this Puffy, if so can you tell me how much they differ.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have been looking to sell my original one to upgrade, did you have a VR before this Puffy, if so can you tell me how much they differ.
Yeah I had the original rift. The lenses are a lot better than before, no god rays! The bump in resolution is very welcome and together with the RGB Matrix you have a lot less SDE. You can still see it slightly when you look far into the distance but it’s a lot better now. The picture is very sharp and I don’t really notice the shortcomings of LCD vs OLED.

The headphones are shit but I use beyerdynamic custom studio which fit just right. Overall I’m really happy with the upgrade.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Brilliant, thanks for the feedback, i hate watching reviews on youtube etc, and would much rather hear first hand what someone thinks, i will look into selling my rift and upgrading.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I count this as rig upgrade :D
View attachment 7061
I am most interested to hear what you think of the tracking after using it for while. I did see some reviews saying tracking tended to judder, but they were generally talking about room scale. If you think that it works great for Sim Racing that's my main concern :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Been using it for a few hours now in AC und PC2, no tracking issues whatsoever. PC2 says it doesn’t support the headset but starts anyway and works fine. The performance is surprisingly good too!

Just did a few laps with the Ligier LMP2 around Le Mans in sunset. Damn it’s beautiful :oops:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Been using it for a few hours now in AC und PC2, no tracking issues whatsoever. PC2 says it doesn’t support the headset but starts anyway and works fine. The performance is surprisingly good too!

Just did a few laps with the Ligier LMP2 around Le Mans in sunset. Damn it’s beautiful :oops:
Did you feel any differences in FFB because of the lower usb bandwidth used?
The last days I paid little bit more attention to the occasional stutter or occasional mispositioning I get and I'm pretty sure that one of my 2 Rift sensors disconnects which causes the quite uncomfortable jumping around in the Rift. This is one of the only things which really annoys me on the original Rift.

Thanks for the write up! Really interesting to read and also really interesting that this minor update can make such a difference!
Probably still gonna skip this generation of the Rift, but maybe the next one will have something like a OLED RGB display which even higher resolution. This would be fantastic :)

Users who are viewing this thread