Split 1 - R2: Monza - 22nd May 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
its really nice to see what time is possible at different tracks, but it would be better to see this leveling at real race conditions, means without closed radiators e.g. ;)

Ps... in 10 minutes i make a training server...if someone like to join.
Name: RSR training
PW: rsr123456

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this one, done a fair bit of testing and setup and think the car is in a good place.

One thing to note for everyone, braking points when following a car are much much earlier and not just because of the increased speed, if you are doing 295 in clear air (with boost) compared to 295 with slipstream you will need to be braking a lot earlier in the tow because of the aero affect. A few of us tried out a bit of pack racing and it was surprising how early you need to brake.

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol yes. this one with radiator 65 with boost :D
with radiator 0 without boost.

I now confused myself :confused:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY are we doing a test session?

Suomy

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry i can't make tonight's race as i am currently away from home.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A session is already up, password as ususal :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry will be a no show again tonight, got to rest a sprained ankle. Will watch the stream and join at round 3!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@SBart_uk mate, sorry if I did not leave you enough room. In my view it looked ok, but suddenly you dropped off.
Tried to relook at the replays, but I don't have you on PCars replay and it's also not on hobbs stream.
Did you record?

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Someones wheel right through the whole race...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yay, I wasn't last aha..
Forgot to mute ts when reviewing the replay so just ignore the chat entirely.
Only reason I wanted to put this up is to show how clean that first corner was! Couldn't believe it! (I span on the formation lap if you're wondering why i'm dead last... someone went straight into the pits aswell which is why I was so far behind the pack as he slowed down & didn't mention so I was hesitant to catch the pack.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok, wow.....that race went not as expected, but I'm actually quite happy with the result. During practise I ran a low 1m39 without boost comfortably, so that gave me some good confidence for the race. During qualy I just couldn't get speed in the car. I was doing 1m39s pushing the car and using boost. Then I realized I was having a throttle issue and thought my race was over. I managed to fix my throttle with 30 seconds left in qualifying. I started from P18, just behind my team mate @Thomas Sikora. I had a good start and managed to gain 2 places at the first chicane and another 2 places at the second chicane. I got pushed from behind and made a slight contact with my team mate from that. I think I got some damage there, as I just couldn't my initial top speed anymore. But I continued and was fighting with @FlyingKman in the first laps for P12 or so.....not realizing we would finish VERY closely. In lap 5 I had slight oversteer coming out of the first chicane and went back from P12 to P15, but could join closely behind @Invincible with a couple of seconds seperating us. I kept pushing until I did my pitstop in L14. I rejoined the race in P19 behind @Pamellaaa and after his pistop, I found @Invincible in front of me. From L16 till L20 I was fighting with Invincible until I could finally overtake him. In L26 I could overtake @GioVtec. And then I had two more laps to go seeing @Pamellaaa and @FlyingKman fighting for position in front of me. By that time I was planning on how to use my boost to try to gain some time to them. In L26 the gap was 4 seconds, in L27 the gap was 1,7 seconds and in L28 I was on their tail. I got very close in the two Lesmos curves and then I positioned my car behind the battling duo. @Pamellaaa took the inside line and @FlyingKman the outside line. I had to choose who to follow through Variante Ascari and chose to follow @FlyingKman. I overtook @Pamellaaa on the outside going into Variante Ascari and then I positioned my car behind @FlyingKman. I had one boost left and the little voice in my head kept telling me "Use it wisely......padawan! :D ". When we entered Parabolica, I positioned myself and hit the boost button. This gave me the last edge to overtake @FlyingKman on the straight towards race finish. What a race it was! Qualifying turned out quite dissapointing for me, but this race just shows again how awesome races can be with RSR. I loved it!

This is my stream. Sorry for looking constantly up as I used the HUD to see if I was having full throttle response throughout the race. I hope you enjoy it the same as I did!

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yay, I wasn't last aha..
Forgot to mute ts when reviewing the replay so just ignore the chat entirely.
Only reason I wanted to put this up is to show how clean that first corner was! Couldn't believe it! (I span on the formation lap if you're wondering why i'm dead last... someone went straight into the pits aswell which is why I was so far behind the pack as he slowed down & didn't mention so I was hesitant to catch the pack.

@FuBii, that looked really clean! I saw you spin in the formation lap. Check out my stream at 1h06m00s

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just watched most of your clip @MelBonkers. Can't believe I came back through the pack as quick as that... shame I bottled it 2 laps later aha.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
What a awesome race, thanks to @Blue Monkey for helping me throughout the race and @MelBonkers, what a finish buddy. So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread