Split 1 - R2: Monza - 22nd May 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Update

Results & Standings are online and can be found here.
Career Stats and Current Performance are updated aswell.

Last but not least the Official Livestream of Round 2:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah the stream seems to be cut short :O, can't see the outcome of the almost three wide first chicane!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is still processing according to @Hobbnob. Let's wait until tomorrow :)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, that wasn't a good starting for me, first chicane I bumpep (wasnt too hard) into someone, but surprisingly gave me big aero and suspension damage, and unfortunately made me spin on the second chicane, (sorry whoever I collided with) forcing me to stop ASAP, ruining my pit strategy, from there it was just trying to be consistent, I was able to keep my gap with @Pamellaaa and after most people stopped for tyres, I was in 12 almost closing to the top 10's, but as my pit strategy wasn't to stop in lap 1, later I wasn't able to push harder, and when I did, it was only mistakes, giving away places to @Blue Monkey @FlyingKman @Pamellaaa and finally to @MelBonkers :inpain:.

Anyways was a good race for everyone from the looks of it. GG and congrats for the win @Puffpirat :blackalien:

I'll have to prepare myself better for the next several races.:blackeye:

PS... Pleaseeeeeee, push to talk next time cuz I forgot to keybind mute sound on my wheel and all I heard was annoying Muttley laughing :D

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know who, when, what or what but I just have zero pace in this car (hopefully just this car!). Apologies to my Meaty Treat teammate for my poor performances so far. Hopefully in the week off I can somehow find a bit more pace.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
One to forget for me, the late switch to TS screwed something up with my PC and I spent the next half an hour resetting and restarting as I couldn't run both Pcars and TS at the same time. Finally got that sorted just before qualifying, got 7th on the grid and then between quali and the race I was hit with steering ratio bug, nearly 30 laps of driving the world's fastest bus sucks and meant repeated mistakes, I should have been mid top 10 based on pace but just couldnt do it in the race.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly congrats to Puffy on his win :)

Can't really say a lot about the race, from my side, again. Awful qualifying saw me start in 11th but was up to 7th by the exit of the second chicane. From there it was a haul up through the field, helped by @SBart_uk running slowly (I guess he had some damage), some mistakes from the Colonel and Manu's bad luck with his pedals. Shortly before mid-distance I found myself in 2nd position, holding station some 11 seconds behind @Puffpirat. My pace was consistent at this point so, when puffy pitted, I stayed out and continued. I was in 1st place. Woo hoo! Albeit having not stopped, so it wouldn't last long!

Watching the gap to @PatatorJohn behind me, I was waiting for him to pit, so that I wouldn't find myself coming out of the pits behind him and getting held up. As it was, for 4 laps I watched and waited. No sign of him pitting. It was now gone lap 20 and, even though my pace was still fine, I came in. I watched the timer - the gap to P2 - like a hawk.

My tyres changed, the pit guy moved out of the way to let me go and then stood back in front of me. Why? "MOVE YOU BLITHERING IDIOT"

Patator had come in to the pits and was in the pit box directly in front of me so I was held there until he passed.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I trundled up the pit lane, SBart flew past, the Colonel was on his way. Lots of off-mic swearing ensued.

From there, until the end of the race, it was a case of watching the gap to sbart increase and the gap to the Colonel decrease, then increase, then decrease, until I crossed the line just 1.5s ahead of him. In 4th.

Aside from the pitstop and a lap of watching the Colonel getting VERY close, my race was almost entirely without incident or interest. Still, very enjoyable, even with a setup that was apparently "like running without springs" :D

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I was quite confident, going into the practice session, but my confidence was soon to be shattered. I couldn't match my pace from a session a few days ago and was off by nearly a second.
This second was ultimatively lost to me because I couldn't get it back either in qualifying or in the race itself.

Which further riddled me, was that until my pitstop I gained some good positions until I was at p10 at lap 10. When the people started to pit, everything went down the drain. Somehow lost positions during the pitstop but managed to stay in front of @MelBonkers. But where I slowly extended the gap prior to the stop, I was now loosing time compared to Mel. Which lead to me being overtaken by Mel eventually.

So in the end it was a ice an exciting race, even though my result was rather "meh" due to my inability to find my pace.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm quite happy with that one, I think that was the best result I could hope for. I started in P12, and was running in the top 10 after a cautious first few laps. I had an entertaining few laps swapping places with @PatatorJohn, who must have had some aero damage. I could breeze past him on the run to T1, and he was all over me everywhere else. Lots of fun for me, although it must have been frustrating for him.

@ramiboo breezed past both of us, and took off. I caught him with a fishing rod and he pulled me away from John. I did my best laps in his tow, and I could just about keep in touch. I figured I could stalk him as he caught up to the pack ahead, and maybe pick up some scraps from the battles. I followed Rami into the pits, but he left much sooner than I expected (no tyres?), so that strategy was out of the window.

The rest of the race was spent in a gap between @miagi and @Nighttiger. @t0daY slipping back made things a lot more exciting. Despite his pedal issues, he put up a tremendous fight, and was tricky get past. I had some nice moments with all 3 of them, especially in the last 2 laps. Sadly the stream cut off the end of the battle, but a few mistakes on the penultimate lap set up a 3 wide run down to T1. Thankfully I had most of my boost left, so I used it up on every single straight to just about hold onto P7 behind Miagi.

A special thanks goes to @Pamellaaa, with his setup help on Sunday. The gearing set was perfect. Such a shame he was plagued with issues just before the race start, I was looking forward to our battle. Also, welcome back @miagi! You've still got it! Too much of it. Good thing you're off again :p Apologies for nearly wiping you out on the formation lap, that was a baaad time to adjust the headset!

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me @Battenberg, but I was really trying to forget last nights race.....

Quali: -
10:26 - Quali lap. Surprised myself with this one!

My Race: -
22:36 - Race start
23:20 - Get caught out by the heavy fuel load on lap 1 into the second chicane, went from 3rd to 12th :(
25:08 - On Lap 3 I had another spin going into the second chicane after being caught out by the lack or aero in the braking area. Took avoiding action so I didn't wipe out @Battenberg.
28:30 - Spun again in the second chicane, this time because I avoided @rillo7105's spinning car, back down again to 12th place! :(
29:15 - @FlyingKman lets me past. :D
29:27 - @FuBii lets me past. :woot:
35:00 - Catch back up to @Battenberg & @PatatorJohn, nice little battle.
46:09 - Nearly caught @miagi so decide to pit. Due to me disconnecting earlier in the lobby, my pit strategy reverted back to default which then didn't change my tyres. (having triples means the pit box is on the far left so not as easy to see #learnfornexttime)
48:09 - Lets try pitting again! and fumble my way around the pit menu! :confused:
49:20 - Rejoin race in 21st place behind my team mate @jamesl91 (Sorry for being a terrible PRO! :asshat:)
1:09:00 - Race finish, P17 :banghead:

Summary - Pace, good. Consistency, bad.

Hobbnob

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Ah the stream seems to be cut short :O, can't see the outcome of the almost three wide first chicane!
It seems to be being a bit silly I'm afraid. Last night it was 1 hour 20 minutes but it was cut short to 1:09 by processing. This morning it's still 1:09 and no mention of processing. Not much I can do since I didn't press anything that could have stopped it 11 minutes early, but I'll put in some dead air at the end next time to make sure it doesn't do it again.

Reactions: Tom

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No problem @ramiboo. We win and loose as a team. Was a bad car/track combo. Next race should suit me better anyway so will be much quicker.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
@SBart_uk mate, sorry if I did not leave you enough room. In my view it looked ok, but suddenly you dropped off.
Tried to relook at the replays, but I don't have you on PCars replay and it's also not on hobbs stream.
Did you record?
No problem mate, at first I was a bit annoyed and thought you'd pushed me into the gravel but on looking back at it there wasn't really space for me anyway and I was further behind than I thought so my fault really.

As for my race, I was worried I wasn't gonna get a decent qually lap in but the one I did managed turned out to be a decent one and got me pole. Sorry for going too fast on the formation lap I was watching my brake temps and not really keeping an eye on the speedo (in future I'll make sure to keep more of an eye on the speedo. I dont think it'll be an issue for a while though as I've never driven modern Zolder and don't really like Bathurst :D). But anyway the race started and I was maintaining about a half second gap to Puff for 4 or 5 laps until he got a good slipstream and used a push to pass (i think) looking back at it I should have defended a bit harder instead of just letting him drive past. Then in trying to keep close and try to get back into 1st I made a few small mistakes and this allowed Col_McCoy to catch me up and make a pass too. Then I ended up in the wall and had some considerable aero damage so after a few cars breezed past me I decided to pit on lap 8, came out in 17th and started to make my way back up. I got very lucky and somehow had a lot of clear air and didn't have to do much overtaking. Then surprisingly found myself in 3rd around 7 seconds behind but by this time I think I had some engine damage and very weirdly for me I had worn the front tyres more than the rear and was struggling with a slight lack of front grip so could not close the gap and that was where I ended up.

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I can summarize my race in one picture #iamnotangryilovemylife

rip.PNG

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I think someone wasn't wearing their special shoes....

upload_2017-5-23_16-15-5.png

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Summary - Pace, good. Consistency, bad.
Well, that's the opposite summary of mine, which would be 'Summary - Pace, bad. Consistency, good.'.
I had a number of fun fights, but clearly some missing speed in the straight.

My impression is that I'm too conservative with the setup lately. Specifically, I was fearing to keep the motor near the max rpm for seconds in the straight, so I went for a notch up in 6th gear. Also I've open the radiator a bit more than needed. All this to minimize the risk of motor damage, so I could have full power all the race long. But this gave me a disadvantage in each straight end, with apparently no gain related to the motor damage. I'll be more pushy next time :p

So when @Battenberg took the @ramiboo train, I could only watch. Afterwards I've noticed my pace was pretty good even with worn tires, so I pushed at max before pitting. In the end, I've had to push again to resist @Blue Monkey's come back, apparently with success as he suddenly dropped seconds behind. I'm happy with 9th given the circumstances :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
...But anyway the race started and I was maintaining about a half second gap to Puff for 4 or 5 laps until he got a good slipstream and used a push to pass (i think) looking back at it I should have defended a bit harder instead of just letting him drive past...
That is correct :) I got a pretty decent exit out of the first chicane and was very close behind. I saw that by 3rd gear you still weren't pulling away so I went for the p2p. You made a very small move before the braking zone but backed out instantly. I think I was already to close and committed to the inside line, and probably 15kph faster, that could have ended in tears ;)

Can I just say that @Puffpirat and @SBart_uk need to learn there Left and right!! :D :D :D
I was on the correct side until 10 people started shouting :p

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I was on the correct side until 10 people started shouting :p
Peer Pressure! Next time we'll all shout stop and see if you do that! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread