Split 2 - R1: Monza - 5th March 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
s4-r1-monza-banner.jpg

Class:
GTE
Track: Monza GP
League Agreement: Mandatory Pitstop

Date: Monday, 5th March 2018
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
20:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date: 5th March 2018
Time Progression: 2x
Weather Progression: Real Time

Qualifying Duration: 20 minutes
Qualifying Start Time: 13:00

Qualifying Weather Forecast: Heavy Cloud

Race Time: 5 + 60 minutes
Race Start Time: 17:00
Race Weather Forecast: Heavy Cloud > Light Cloud

Realism Settings
Force Realistic Driving Aids:
Yes
Force Manual Pitstops: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Depletion: Yes

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
-

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I can see 0-0 downforce setups for this & quite a few other races throughout this season.
I'm intrigued as to what others are currently capable of. Just did a quick (2 hours:oops:) practise session, best potential of 1.45.3, best time 1.46.5 in the Ferrari with minimal setup tweaks.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I am not sure but I think that I set 0-2 downforce.... I think that with 0-1 back end was a bit wild in fast corners (not sure thou)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had it at 0-1 purely to keep the rear planted through ascari otherwise it can get quite hairy. I found the ferrari very forgiving when to comes to sliding around/through a lot of corners in comparison to the ford which would swap ends very quickly

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will mosdef have front wing > 0 as i hate understeery cars, i have not setteled yet for a wing value.

One important aspect this race is that track temp will be low 20's, and since its a not very demaning track on the tyres, even the soft tyres, will not heat up properly, specially the right tyres so i'm leaning to adding more aero grip to compensate for the loss of mech grip on the tyre temp.

Most of the breaking if not all, is in a straight line, so i am using breaks 52/48 (i usually tend to have almost balanced breaks all the time anyway) and 98% break pressure to get that breaking distance smaller. I've also adjusted caster/camber angles to get better breaking, accelarating performance, in detriment of cornering ability.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, practice lobby is up.
Rsr practice
Password: rsr123

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Admins: Have we confirmed yet how the race will be started? Is the formation lap part of the 1 hour or additional to?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
One important aspect this race is that track temp will be low 20's, and since its a not very demaning track on the tyres, even the soft tyres, will not heat up properly, specially the right tyres so i'm leaning to adding more aero grip to compensate for the loss of mech grip on the tyre temp.

So we should go for the soft slicks then?

1520223812195734201320.png

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
softs are the way to go on this race.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a solution for the 50degrees front right issue?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a solution for the 50degrees front right issue?
I think there is no solution, we just have to deal with it. Have been doing around 100 laps with different tire pressures, but not much change there. CrewChief told me regularly that my lefts rights are cold.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Currently on the practise server, finally dipped into the 1.45s =D
hoping 1.47's are fine for race pace because the pace difference with fuel is nuts
just push the car hard through ascari haha, you may hit 60's, for a few seconds

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Currently on the practise server, finally dipped into the 1.45s =D

You have just been promoted to Split 1. Now get out, you're too fast. :p

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
higher toe angle should help, nevertheless, it will be difficult to heat up that front right. It's not a huge deal anyway as there are few left turns on the track.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It may pay off to have a first lap incident... You can lower the tyre pressures further in the pit strategy so higher tyre Temps.
Sneaky I know

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Admins: Have we confirmed yet how the race will be started? Is the formation lap part of the 1 hour or additional to?
Normally the time would be added on for the formation lap but this will be announced during the driver briefing

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
It may pay off to have a first lap incident... You can lower the tyre pressures further in the pit strategy so higher tyre Temps.
Sneaky I know
Serious question: Is this confirmed? I thought the tire temps are somewhat less connected to the tire pressures in comparison to PC1. I am runnning an asymmetric setup to get the same hot-pressure, not the same temperature, which is not possible anyways on this track.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Running it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread