Split 2 - R5: Silverstone - 13th Mar 2017 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
ive got to work tonight so won't be here for this one

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Further practise & I can hit 56.3s with 5l of fuel in fog. with 25l of fuel my best is 56.8s.
Gonna do some wet practise now aha (everything crossed that the rain holds off for the majority of the race!:nailbiting:)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Christ on a bike! I literally need to process what just happened with a mug of tea. I'll just say this for now: nobody has pushed me to my limits like @JustG did in that race. Incredible.

I'm suggesting we check out the replay to see who won. I did on the timing screen, but I think I got 2nd at the line.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Fifth! Absolutely amazing race. Loved it.
Where did all that speed come from ! Crickey if you advance like that again youll need to be racing the aliens :)

Im glad that one is over - Silverstone is not my fav - I just dont get road adhesion feel there at all - let alone add rain to it as well heheh - so Im pretty happy with 8th.

Seemed like an incident free race there.

Well done all.

Reactions: Tom

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Actually over the moon, getting a podium finish for me is as good as winning the league haha.
Must admit though, a small part of me was hoping for either @Battenberg & @JustG to take each other out
Amazing race everyone, absolutely amazing. :D:D:D

Martin G Webb

Community Member
Reaction score
Fantastic racing tonight guys, thank you all, very much and great result Pete.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great race today, even if I can't keep up, I'm happy to race with such great drivers!

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
ahhhhh....started in the first raw...could go the pace of @JustG but since @Battenberg start to push from behind, i got over my level and spin out. Rejoin the track on P10 or 11, the 6th place was so OK for me, however... i would like to enjoy the podium fight little bit longer :(

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, one apology: I let out a loud and panicked 'ON YOUR LEFT VINCE' at some point during the race. The volume could well have affected people's concentration. Apologies if it did. I think two of us were going either side of him, which meant I was getting forced into the grass, and I panicked a bit.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You did well to avoid contact with him looking at your video anyway.
I need to apologise to @Vince for brushing past you twice, looked like you left the inside line wide open when I sneaked past you.

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Just been looking for the moment and can't find it. Could you point me at a time, FuBii?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
about 34 minutes in, turn 3

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
You did well to avoid contact with him looking at your video anyway.
I need to apologise to @Vince for brushing past you twice, looked like you left the inside line wide open when I sneaked past you.

yeah, no worries mate. for a moment there, I was sandwiched from both sides by you and @Pete Morrish :)

I do my best not to slow down the front packers while being lapped, though sometimes it causes me to lose my own line and even go off the track in the process. must find a middle ground I guess :)

Reactions: Tom

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I think that was the very definition of the 'middle ground'!

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
Well done pete.. Bet that felt like a win for you...

Haha, yep, still on a high this morning. Stupid thing is that were it not for a single mistake about five laps from the end, I could have come in fourth.

So, this next bit might sound like a stupid question, but: I had Steveg200 just behind me for much of the race (he's the guy that overtook when I made my mistake). He actually beat me out of the pits, but I legit overtook him about a lap later (my heart rate was through the roof!). Looking at the standings, he's winning the entire championship, so is obviously a bit quick. I'm so used to being a backrunner and yielding that it felt a bit weird not to let him pass. I mean, he'd probably have been lapping faster were I not there. But, this being an actual race, that doesn't matter, right? Given that I'm not a back marker, it's not my problem if there's no chance to overtake? That's how racing works? #pleasesayitsokay

Only changes I made over previous races is that a) first race with the CSWv2.5, and b) first race with a non-default FOV. Guess the new base wouldn't make much difference (upgrade from a v2), but the FOV might have done. I had no idea until a conversation came up on the SMS work forums how important FOV was. I'd been running with the default all this time. I've changed that to around 55º (~48º would be 'correct'). Although I can't see my wing mirrors any more, it does feel like the car's easier to place, and 'feels' more real.

...or I could just be over-analysing, and I just got lucky last night! Time (and Watkins Glen) will tell, I suppose.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pete, if somebody is behind you and is not lapping, then it's their problem if they can't get past, not yours :). As long as you don't swerve all over the road to block them, then you need not worry :)

Personally, I'm too much of a gent and if somebody starts gaining on me quickly, out of nowhere, I'll just let them past, regardless of position. I did that last night, when Suomy gained on me whilst I was leading the race. I didn't have enough confidence in the car last night to start fending him off so I might have 'accidentally' made a few errors which let him past :). But I was under no obligation to do so and you shouldn't ever feel obliged to do so either :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Pete, if somebody is behind you and is not lapping, then it's their problem if they can't get past, not yours :). As long as you don't swerve all over the road to block them, then you need not worry :)

Personally, I'm too much of a gent and if somebody starts gaining on me quickly, out of nowhere, I'll just let them past, regardless of position. I did that last night, when Suomy gained on me whilst I was leading the race. I didn't have enough confidence in the car last night to start fending him off so I might have 'accidentally' made a few errors which let him past :). But I was under no obligation to do so and you shouldn't ever feel obliged to do so either :)

Hoi!

I'm back. Actually, I've been back yesterday @ 18 o'clock, but as you might've guessed, I was done for. It took hours until I could finally feel my face again and stopped drooling. :wtf:

On topic - I tend to do it like Cluck. To me it doesn't make much sense to put up a fight if someone is gaining over a second per lap on a short track and I rather have him pass me savely than starting a fight and risk a damaged car in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread