Project CARS 2 11th Jun 2018 - The Grand Tour (1 Viewer)

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
Skärmklipp.PNG

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I enjoyed that, but it was spoiled by some tech issues and a race-ending crash with @Puffpirat. I had some weird rubber banding effect in qualifying and race 2, where it looked like the game speed would temporarily slow and then speed up to catch up with itself - Puffy reported the same thing regarding our coming together.

Race 1 & 2 (Crash @ 55 mins):

Race 3:

Still, I had a lot of fun, thanks for the battles, and thanks @Alex Salmon for the great setup.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
sorry guys..due to thunderstom i could not participate

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
it looked like the game speed would temporarily slow and then speed up to catch up with itself - Puffy reported the same thing regarding our coming together.
This is exactly what I experienced in the Ginetta race! :eek: @CatchAGlimpse has a theory on how to fix this issue

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is exactly what I experienced in the Ginetta race! :eek: @CatchAGlimpse has a theory on how to fix this issue
I fixed this issue by moving my game install folder to my SSD. Makes no sense as to why this solved it but after exhausting all other options this did the trick!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I fixed this issue by moving my game install folder to my SSD. Makes no sense as to why this solved it but after exhausting all other options this did the trick!
Hmm sadly steam itself and the game are already on my SSD.

Might do a bios update, not that I expect it to change anything. Race 1 and 3 were ok.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes but that hasn’t changed since a year. And it’s stable.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
OK then, I just remembered people with OC reporting stuff like this in the official forums.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean :) but I think they were, in the end, struggling with instabilities.

It’s mildly annoying tbh. Same thing happened with me and @wabi last week, now with @Battenberg. Zero contact on my screen, not the slightest bump in FFB and they get spun around :(

And on the start for race 2, I get bumped by @Jamesl91 car and have aero damage where he wasn’t anywhere near me on his screen :/

The Hunter

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies for not showing up unannounced. I spent all day watching some silly professional tennis players at a tournament nearby and went to see my dad for his birthday afterwards. Completely forgot I signed up for this.

Sorry again and I hope it won't happen again c:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean :) but I think they were, in the end, struggling with instabilities.

It’s mildly annoying tbh. Same thing happened with me and @wabi last week, now with @Battenberg. Zero contact on my screen, not the slightest bump in FFB and they get spun around :(

And on the start for race 2, I get bumped by @Jamesl91 car and have aero damage where he wasn’t anywhere near me on his screen :/
I looked at the contact on my replay and i did overtake but there was no contact and plenty of space between us. hopefully it didnt hinder you too much!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I looked at the contact on my replay and i did overtake but there was no contact and plenty of space between us. hopefully it didnt hinder you too much!
Nah no harm done, I retired at the end of the lap anyway. Nothing you did wrong on your side. I need to sort this on my side. Hopefully before Le Mans, Thursday will show.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i was hoping this would turn out better but alas i was subject to becoming a magnet again. Race 1 i have no clue what happend there huge pile up ended that race. Race 2 started 25th and very cautious picked my way through then wounderd why i couldnt catch the cars infront only to realise i had my mixture set on lean to fuel save for parade lap so after switching to rich i found speed and continued to pick my way through up to p12 with @xImJakeyy in front if there was only 1 more lap lol.. Race 3 started really well avoided all incidents then came up to someone on the 2nd to last corner and they decided to brake very early and very hard i tried to avoid but the car then decided to just turn in and take a tight apex but i was allready there giving me 90% front suspension the car was undrivable so retired to pits..what can i say really....and @xImJakeyy apoligys for nearly running you off on race 3 bud i checked my mirrors and you wernt there but obviously you were lol.. We survived tho lol.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know it's a bit late, but here my POVs from Race 1 and 2. (Race 3 is not worth watching, sorry):

Users who are viewing this thread